Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2022, 07:23 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
That assumes he knows how.

1,009 posts, read 708,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
LOL, the walls are closing in on the orange moron.
Yeah yeah just like Russia Russia ! Btw what may Trump have on them they’re running scared . What lowlifes making this country like a third world country. Red wave coming and all the investigations on the Presidential family which will result in arrests . Yes !

20,864 posts, read 9,529,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasrollingstone View Post
The 5 people that he contacts after the raid are the other guilty ones, I wonder which ones will pick up? Alex, Jim, Kevin, Sean, Ivanka
I actually can't help but wonder if Ivanka, Kushner or one of the other semi-sane members of his family or inner circle didn't actually help the DOJ and FBI in this endeavor?

We'll find out eventually, I suppose.

Old 08-08-2022, 07:24 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,438,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
I heard someone mention that on TV, but Trump is not running for anything in the November election. Not sure their 90 day rule applies in this case.
I dont know what their exact rule is or if it is published anywhere we could find.

My impression is that it is about the election in general, not just a specific candidate.

This certainly qualifies as something that would drive people to the polls in the mid-terms, thereby altering the outcome of the elections.

Old 08-08-2022, 07:24 PM

2,387 posts, read 2,340,269 times
Merrick Garland wouldn't have ok'd this if this wasn't serious.

That said, they BETTER have legit, damning evidence. No minor garbage that the general public(not Trump cultists) will shrug at. You swing at the king, you better not miss.

Old 08-08-2022, 07:25 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Why do you suppose a judge approved a search warrant, probable cause.

You can bet this wasn't taken lightly.

Why does he still have government documents (assuming that was the reason) 2 years after he left office.
Such obsession to get him.

More assumptions. Again, don’t count those chickens so quickly. After all, they haven’t hatched for 6 years.

7,141 posts, read 4,738,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Quite amusing watching this play out on Faux News. Ever since the news broke, every commentator looks like they took a line drive from Pete Rose right in the jewel box. After the initial snot-blowing apoplectic reaction they seem to shift to the always handy 'whatabout-ism' card. Really quite pathetic.
Guess you missed the interviews of constitutional lawyers that spoke calmly. Just facts.

20,864 posts, read 9,529,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Its unprecedented because the left is openly making opposition illegal.
No, it's because Trump is an actual criminal who is being investigated for criminal acts. You're just going to have to get used to that.

Old 08-08-2022, 07:27 PM

1,134 posts, read 404,732 times
Such contradictory reactions by the media this evening. The people at MSNBC are celebrating with party hats, noise-makers, poppers, etc. It's like a New Years Eve party other there.

The people at FOX are chastising the FBI as you would expect. Neither network really knows what the FBI searched for and/or retrieved. But there's a lot of wishful thinking at MSNBC.

Nobody expects an informative statement from the FBI, "Can't comment with an ongoing investigation" is all we're going to get for now. But it's certainly going to be fascinating.

Old 08-08-2022, 07:28 PM

4,901 posts, read 2,055,276 times
This is beyond wrong and beyond shameful of the United State’s Department of Justice and their Storm Troopers within the FBI. This CONCRETE evidence that our justice system is corrupted and effectively a two tier system and if you’re a conservative or a Republican, you are now an enemy of the State, under this failed administration.

The DOJ/FBI didn’t do anything about Hillary Clinton’s private server in her house. The DOJ/FBI didn’t do anything about Joe Biden selling political influence to China and other questionable countries. The DOJ/FBI did do anything to Biden’s family for their criminal activities.

After serving my country for my entire life, believing in our system 100%, but today, I question my total commitment, loyalty to my country and our system. Honestly, if the DOJ/FBI can do this to President Trump, a former POTUS and a billionaire, NOBODY IS SAFE.

I do not believe in violence and do not condone violence from others, but I now believe in peaceful civil disobedience and this may be the first time in my life that I would participate in any type of peaceful demonstration. Without question this is a perversion of our legal system and using the FBI as NKVD troops to enforce the will of the chosen political party or the other political party.

Biden and/or his handlers made a serious mistake since now they pizzed off half of the country where that half of the country now distrust our system AND now forced into a corner to support Trump 200%. In late 2020 and early 2021, Trump supporter and people who voted for him laid down and licked their nutz, but I don’t think people will lay down this time. Plus, “I” hope that Trump is pizzed off to the max AND will Declare Total War on the DOJ/FBI. And is supported by other rich and powerful people, both private and elected officials in this fight to right this wrong.

A sad day in our country’s history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies