Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2022, 04:09 AM

10,456 posts, read 4,038,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
The nature of the raid makes some suspicious of the Justice department’s motive and legality. If the search was just for classified documents the former president took with him when he left office then that is the only things that should have been removed. Keeping the former president’s attorney’s out of the site during the raid is also troubling. The amount of officers and in full combat gear is also troubling. This makes it appear the Justice department is working under orders for the Democratic Party to conduct a wide net fishing expedition for anything they can potentially use against Trump to prevent another run for office and using the most the large numbers of fully armed officers as possible for news media coverage.
It's a political witch hunt. The fact that Biden's press secretary couldn't say no to the question asked "is the White House weaponizing the FBI to go against political opponents" and instead danced around the question speaks volumes. This is also why I didn't like either the Bush's or Cheney because they were neck deep in these agencies and were using them for their own political and financial gains. I find it interesting that JFK was proposing the news journalists to keep an eye on the federal agencies and to report the facts when those agencies were out of line. That there was a very thin line between national security and secret oaths to secret societies, and then a few years after this particular speech, he was gunned down, in Texas of all places. Where George Bush Sr lived and was part of the CIA during that time but funny enough, all those records of his time in the CIA have been expunged. But it was 1963, the year Kennedy was killed, was also the same year George Bush Sr started his political career. Maybe this is all a coincidence, but I tend to NOT believe in coincidences.

Old 08-11-2022, 04:11 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
You wanna know what I find ironic? Not that Trump would make this a felony crime, and then commit that crime himself, but that anyone would believe he would secret away classified documents himself, and then be stupid enough to reveal this crime to an FBI informant, including the specific documents he took, and the exact location where he stashed them? Who would do that? No-freaking-body! Who would believe this? Apparently the same people who believe everything else about the bad orange man.

The level of sophomore stupidity of the narrative itself, requires a moron to buy into it. And the emphasis being placed on declaring how this whole charade is not politically motivated, is enough to cause a thinking person to pee his pants in laughter, while crying at the same time, at the devastating stupidity of the general public who buys such a load of hot steaming manure.

This is a gotcha, oops. Gotcha, oops. Gotcha, oops …. I got ya this time! An exercise of perfecting stupidity.
You mean the guy who ran his mouth constantly about taking the Fifth being an admission of guilt that only the mob uses when they are guilty, and the took them Fifth 450 times when it was his time to shine his honesty to the world?

Yeah, he would be about that bright, by my calculations. He’s a loose cannon with a huge mouth and no filter.

Old 08-11-2022, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Hmm, turn that around and ask yourself that question.

Hillary Clinton is a good case in point in which to start.
Hillary was investigated nonstop for 30 years by the best in the business. They never found any evidence worthy of an indictment. She is also not the topic here and deflection is not working.

Old 08-11-2022, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
How about just use logic? What could be the reason to demand the surveillance cameras to be turned off and keep the homeowner's staff at a distance unable to observe the raid? Why pick the day when Trump was away? What were they afraid of? Who exactly is the coward?

Some possible activities that would make such demand during a home invasion make sense:
  • Installing remotely controlled spying devices
  • Placing remotely controlled lethal weapons
  • Planting evidence
  • Thefts
  • Sabotage
  • Contamination, tampering
  • Pervert activities
You turn the cameras off to protect the identities of the agents. If they are doxxed, they are compromised in their ability to work as agents.

If Trump had been there, they would in all likelihood have had to restrain him bodily to keep him from interfering. Best for all that he was away.

Old 08-11-2022, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
They're really stinging from this last leftist debacle. It may take them more than just one brew to get over it.
Stinging? Hardly.

Read the room.

Old 08-11-2022, 04:27 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
So an investigation over tax fraud and bank fraud is the equivalent of an axe murderer to you?

Do you think tax fraud and bank fraud are inalienable rights?
No, but the right to plead the 5th is.

Old 08-11-2022, 04:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
No, I really don’t. And that wasn’t a personal attack. You take others to task for not providing proof of their claims. Just asking for you to live up to your own standards.

You have no proof whatsoever that the FBI planted evidence.

We don’t even know what the evidence IS.

This is part of the same gaslighting scheme that Trump et al started when they realised they might not win the election.

“What Trump’s gonna do is just declare victory. Right? He’s gonna declare victory. But that doesn’t mean he’s a winner. He’s just gonna say he’s a winner.” - Steve Bannon

So the new plan’s gonna be that any incriminating evidence was planted. Before you even know what that evidence is, the seed is sprouting. The lie is cast.

Evidence is likely not going to have been planted (nothing's impossible I guess), but Trumpies are just gonna say it, and it shall be. As usual.
“Evidence” of what? According to some theories here, he had every right to have those government-owned documents in his possession. To plant evidence at Mar-a-Lago means they were already planning a second warrant and raid to “find” the “evidence”. If evidence was to be planted, the FBI would have had their mole do it in secret before the raid.

“Planting evidence” is all an advance ploy to try to negate the feasibility of the as yet unpublished warrant issued for as yet unknown reasons. All we know is that there was a warrant and a raid and boxes of “stuff” removed by the FBI.

Old 08-11-2022, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Did Trump not have lawyers either, before now?

I literally just saw a clip of him saying “Plead the fifth, plead the fifth, plead the fifth…. horrible”, while shaking his head in disgust.

And “if you’re not guilty, why ya gotta plead the fifth?”, in an incredulous tone.

So? Why is it suddenly all good for him? What a hypocrite. Or, he’s both guilty and horrible. Both work for me.
Was Trump under attack by his political opponents, who are using taxpayer-funded agencies to carry out those attacks, before now?

Old 08-11-2022, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
^^^^LOL

"everyone is shouting from the rooftops that justice is finally being served against Don"? Gee...I live in a blue area and I've yet to hear any shouting from the rooftops.
I participate in a heavily blue sport, and I commented to my husband a few days ago that the ones usually shouting from the rooftops are suspiciously silent. They either realize was a huge blunder by the left this is, or they are starting to see the light.

Old 08-11-2022, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
You have an opposing party N.Y. DA that before she got to office called President Trump "illegitimate President" and she made campaign promises that she was going to nail him. She failed to indict criminally, so she went the easier route, civil. Just before it starts this is rotten to the core but it's Trump's fault for using his ONLY defense under the constitution to this abuse?

Before she got to office she ran a campaign and said: "We need to follow his money and see if he has laundered money". She is using the office to search for a crime and she said it before she got to the office.

Crickets from the media. This DA should quit or be fired by the governor but the sad part is the governor is supporting this cr@p. She and the Democrat party are raping our constitution and due process but Trump is guilty for taking the 5th in her jurisdiction when that's the only defense he has.

Democrats are making this country into a Banana Republic.
She’s just about to take him to court, too, after following the money trail and the valuation of assets. We’ll let the judge settle it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies