Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2022, 04:11 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times

Advertisements

The right wing media have been screaming to see the warrant and affidavit, be careful what you ask for.

Old 08-11-2022, 04:12 PM

37,173 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
How do you know Trump isn't just letting Garland hoist himself with his own petard? Garland has already agreed to fall on his sword by admitting he's the one who OKed the raid.
That a funny take on "demonstrating the guts to take full responsibility for whatever happens."

Old 08-11-2022, 04:13 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
They're kind of acting like the cat that caught the canary, no?
In a much closer to perfect world, yes, plausible. But this cat is still drowning in a sea of mindless, soulless wolves. That degree of confidence would hardly seem rational, considering what those wolves have accomplished in the last 6 years, fully supported by a hundred million morons.

Old 08-11-2022, 04:14 PM

50,371 posts, read 63,964,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Yes it is a legitimate action. Trump was asked nicely and with respect. He refused. So guess what a search was warranted.
Do you really think, for a minute, that Trump is too stupid to see this coming? Other records were relinquished in June. He would have positioned the remaining taken records. He might have even wanted or caused this to happen, because those of us who are supporters are just getting more ammo now..

Old 08-11-2022, 04:15 PM

2,145 posts, read 3,061,004 times
Yes, I think trump is stupid.

Old 08-11-2022, 04:18 PM

37,173 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
So this wasnt some altruistic thing on Garland's part for transparency. He was basically forced to do this.
No, he could have declined to unseal it and filed documentation with the court as to why it should remain sealed. He decided to give everybody what they were asking for.

Old 08-11-2022, 04:19 PM

6,573 posts, read 6,738,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
I agree with this guy. Fire every single one of them. https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...s_morning.html

"...And let me tell you one more thing: I don't buy this "rank and file" crap anymore.

I was a Secret Service agent and I was the rank-and-file, me, and I saw something I didn't like. And I left. Every single person involved says they're just doing my job. You are full of crap. Your job is to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, and you know well that what you did last night was a disgrace.

You used the flag as toilet paper last night!

Don't give me this rank and file crap!

I don't buy any of it.

Every single person involved in this needs to be fired immediately. When President Trump hopefully runs again and takes the White House, every single person at the top of the DOJ and the FBI who cannot raise their right hand and pledge allegiance to the Constitution not to a political party needs to be fired yesterday!..."
Yup...most of the 7th floor (leadership) of the FBI was fired or resigned over how they used the CrossFire Hurricane farce against Trump.

Yet they expect us to believe in the integrity of our Intel agents?

Old 08-11-2022, 04:20 PM

8,624 posts, read 10,146,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
As it should be. The WH should not be involved in the workings of DOJ.
No one said he had to be involved in the workings of the DOJ.

To paraphrase Dana Perino, it was irresponsible of the White House to claim that nobody in the White House was informed (whether or not that is true). That becomes irresponsible and a dereliction of duty because even if they did not want to have to deal with something that they think is repugnant or ugly, it is still the Commander-in-Chief’s responsibility to oversee the executive branch. And it is also his responsibility to be able to be informed and weigh in and use his judgment. That’s why he was elected.

Old 08-11-2022, 04:21 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,926,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
The federal judge has responded.

After calling Trump's bluff, the DOJ has received authorization to reach out to Trump lawyers to see if they're okay with some of the case information and Mar a Lago confiscation receipts being made public or not.

Donald Trump's lawyers will have 24 hours to respond.

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/stat...KvN7l9e5Ut99Sg
Trump's lawyers were surely fit to be tied when Trump started blabbing. Not only is this recommendation to the judge to unseal the warrant a smart move by Garland, it was an exceedingly dumb move by Trump to talk about the search at all.

Now Trump will be faced with a choice; OK the release of the details of the search warrant and the attachments detailing the items removed from premises - or if he refuses, look like he is hiding something.

I would bet dollars to donuts that his lawyers advise him to keep the warrant sealed. But Trump doesn't take advice very well. He thinks he is smarter than any lawyer, so he will likely over-rule them and release all of this to the public.

We will see.

Old 08-11-2022, 04:22 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Presidential Records Act makes it perfectly clear that the documents belong to the government and not to the President. Trump was asked to return them via subpoenas. He refused. So FBI got a warrant and went to retrieve the documents.
Exactly.

Could not be clearer. People are trying to read more into this than there is, and the super Karens on right wing media have been working to inflame the sheeples over it.

Simply put, the man took things which did not belong to him, he was asked for them and he refused.

This is not rocket science, and there is no plot to persecute him. He is a free man out there telling lies about how the FBI raided his hotel, and he's probably already sending fundraising emails.

All he had to do was give the stuff back. He didn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies