Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2022, 08:26 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,954,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
I hate to say it but I worry about Trump's safety. The left are so desperate and I wouldn't put it past them to harm him if what happened tonight doesn't work in their favor. I just hope Trump keeps close to his bodyguards and gets a few extra to protect him. We've all witnessed just how desperate the left are to get him out of their way.
He has secret service protection for life.

Old 08-08-2022, 08:27 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Dictatorship by the Biden Banana Republic.. Started under Obama when he used the IRS to go after Conservatives and also Billy Graham and his son Franklin Graham.. God sees all. God knows how the democrats are sadistic evil entities and anyone who supports this sadistic blatant radical form of attack against an opposing party will destroy themselves and their followers will be cursed . They love power so much they abuse it , and hide their own corruption . Joe Biden is bought by China.. China does not give a billion dollars to just anyone. They want something worth more than a billion dollars back to China. Big contracts for solar panels and electric cars and wind turbines. Americans will grow poor as the IRS goes after everyone . They need money and the saps who put Biden in will reap what they sow. The FBI will pay and Wray is angry for Grassley asking Wray questions about Hunter Biden and the FBI whistleblowers who stated how hey hid the laptop and called it disinformation. Joe Biden is done. Americans are waking up to the corruption .

Old 08-08-2022, 08:28 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
TRUMP doesn't understand how government works?
Correct. Never has, couldn’t be bothered to learn, and likely never will.

Old 08-08-2022, 08:28 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,727,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
I understand. I wait to see the evidence, since I can't predict what will be or was found until that's disclosed. My crystal ball is just a snow globe.
neither is mine...just grabbing another bag of popcorn

Old 08-08-2022, 08:29 PM

19,758 posts, read 22,666,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^This. They confiscated and destroyed these documents...or they didn't...if the FBI took possession of those documents during this raid.....Game over. It's that simple people. And remember they had to convince a judge to issue this warrant. This is not complicated.
Yup. Trump can't just 'haul off' records. There is a procedure for retention, and after Nixon Congress made it more difficult for a President to destroy records.

People can claim 'politics' all they want, but too bad- the law is what the law is.

I am pretty certain, given the circumstances, optics and precedent- DOJ has some certain evidence that would point to a crime. This is serious doo-doo, not a fishing expedition. Whether it is a felony records breach (which I doubt) or something else? Selling state secrets? Blackmail?

Hmmmm.... IMA grab some popcorn, lol.

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Fact is the president has the power to declassify papers.
But not to keep them. They are government property held in trust for the public.

1,281 posts, read 1,419,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
If you ever wondered how low and despicable Biden and the Democrats can get, this is it. Weaponizing the FBI and DOJ to break into the home of a former president with a warrant signed by a partisan liberal judge is absolutely disgusting, and makes this country look exactly like the 3rd world cesspool it has become.

There is no line feeble demented Biden won't cross and he should be strung up by his scrawny little balls. He has about as much integrity as an intestinal parasite. You can't tell me there wasn't a better way to do this than to make an international spectacle out of it, all because they're terrified of Trump running again.

All I can say is Biden better keep one eye open and looking over his shoulder because this will definitely come back to bite him in his lily white ass.
Do you know anything about the judge who signed the warrant? Care to share?

9,870 posts, read 4,641,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by riffwraith View Post
Ok, so, on a more serious note....

Anyone know what it was the FBI was looking for?
Missing national archive records or so they say.

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/artic...ional-archives

Also the flushing documents down the toilet story resurfaced over the weekend-coincidence?

Old 08-08-2022, 08:31 PM

2,002 posts, read 761,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^This. They confiscated and destroyed these documents...or they didn't...if the FBI took possession of those documents during this raid.....Game over. It's that simple people. And remember they had to convince a judge to issue this warrant. This is not complicated.
Keep in mind it was the intent hurdle that Comey claims he couldn’t reach in the Clinton classified info fiasco.

This will likely end in similar fashion.

Old 08-08-2022, 08:31 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Missing archive records or so they say.

Also the flushing documents down the toilet resurfaced over the weekend-coincidence?
Trump's lawyers had been working with them. Something seems to have tipped them off...didn't someone say something that triggered them?

And I know some conservatives will think this is some plot to go after Trump but the truth is if there is nothing there, if this is another wild goose chase, it will do more harm than good.

And in the short term - -this feeds the fuel for Trump to run in 2024

Or maybe FBI isn't being political at all.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies