Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2022, 04:30 PM

57,230 posts, read 26,172,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
And if that informant signed a non-disclosure, then that informant better have Jeff Bezos-level of funds, because the lawsuit coming his/her way will require lawyers which will cost what "the rest of us" can't afford.
Sure that's going to be a lawsuit that will fly, someone turning in a president retaining top-secret documents after he left office. I would love to be on that jury.

Old 08-12-2022, 04:31 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
If Brietbart got the warrant directly from Mr. Trump, then do we blame Brietbart for not redacting the FBI agents names? The Trump loons are busy making threats against these agents, all in the name of 'law and order' and 'defund the FBI".

Don't get too hung up on whether something is declassified or not. From what I read, if true, one or two of these recovered materials cannot be 'declassified', in that they are in a special category: only viewable in a specially secured room (whether at the White House, I'm not sure. I know that Congress has such a room, as well, of course, the FBI and CIA).

Remember: Mr. Garland did not 'unseal' the warrant, the judge did. The judge could have decided not too, even if Mr. Trump said to do so. Since Mr. Trump, from reports, sent the search warrant to three news outlets, I guess the judge figured 'what the heck'.

Old 08-12-2022, 04:32 PM

23,468 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
We were talking about the FBI, the DOJ, and a federal judge all teaming up to intentionally destroy their careers and their lives by mocking up charges to create a warrant for MAL, I thought.

Nothing else is germane to the topic. I say they did not lie, and that the evidence presented to the judge was sufficient to make him believe that a warrant was warranted.

You, if I read your post correctly, said they all lied, and the only one telling the truth was Trump.
/wouldn't be the first time.

Strzok, Page, Comey, et al.

Old 08-12-2022, 04:32 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,806,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
You should not be so sure because you don't know what I know.

But I do know Trump cooperated early in 2023 and then in June. I also know that as of now, no "smoking gun" has been declared to have been found which would incriminate Trump.
I'm 100% sure that you don't know that... which discredits the rest of what you have to say.

Old 08-12-2022, 04:33 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
This has been like watching backlash ping pong...nobody thought Garland would say OK to unsealing the documents. It's the right that's twisting themselves into pretzels right now and on the defensive. Give it a couple of weeks and a majority of the voting public won't remember it even happened.

That's what you and your leftist buddies are hoping for, desperately.

Old 08-12-2022, 04:33 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,417,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heron31 View Post
Let's forget for the moment about whether Trump can declassify any classified documents. Can anyone here tell me, whatever your political persuasion, why Trump would retain several sets of TOP SECRET documents at his personal residence?

Please note that such documents are not the type of materials that are just laying around that "Trump's aides" would have just picked up inadvertently and boxed up for transport of Trump's personal residence. Some of these are seriously TOP SECRET documents. Trump doesn't even have any level of Security Clearance anymore. What's he doing with those documents???
Something to keep in mind, too, though. The search warrant does not specify who the target of the investigation is. It is possible that someone on the staff at MAL took it upon themselves to remove documents. It is actually possible that Trump himself did not know they were not returned earlier this year. He should not have had them there are all, of course, but without the affidavit it's not firmly established that he is personally under suspicion.

Old 08-12-2022, 04:34 PM

57,230 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So is cnn/msnbc.

So, by your own words, he can legally declassify, but it's only "One" of several charges" provide your evidence.

That is a DAMN great statement, but will you apply it beyond those that you do like?
Explain to me why he would declassify Top-Secret documents related to nuclear activities, and a better question is why he had them in the first place after he left office.

Just put them in with the lunch menus.

Old 08-12-2022, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
How did Trump know which records would be planted so he could declassify them?
huh? Things were probably declassified before he'd left the WH. He cannot declassify anything now since he's no longer POTUS...you do know that, right?

Old 08-12-2022, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
"The big question was why did Trump hold onto these documents? What was he planning to do with them?"

This really is the remaining question that needs to be answered. You will never get the truth from Trump. I'm sure it's for financial gain but proving this will likely be very difficult.
Tell us what the documents were about and then maybe we can figure it out.

Old 08-12-2022, 04:36 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,806,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
huh? Things were probably declassified before he'd left the WH. He cannot declassify anything now since he's no longer POTUS...you do know that, right?
Correct. He would have had to declassify the documents by remarking them as declassified BEFORE he left the WH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies