Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2022, 10:04 AM

46,276 posts, read 27,088,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
This could be the beginning of the end for Donald Trump's political career.

Happy Saturday!
Why no link?

You and the left have been saying that for how many years now? How's that working for you?

Old 08-13-2022, 10:05 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Yeah that's what a lot of people don't get about the Fifth Amendment. Absolutely the last desperate choice, the last stand when you have no other alternative. The downside to using the Fifth Amendment is that it could be seen as a silent admission of guilt by jurors and judges. That he was forced to do this shows how weak his position must be.
It can’t be viewed as an admission of guilt in a criminal case. Civil cases are different. That’s why I believe James will not upgrade her investigation from civil to criminal. As things stand, she can take the case to court and a win is all but guaranteed.

Old 08-13-2022, 10:07 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,727,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio60 View Post
Right now all I can say is thanks Merrick Garland! You now confirmed who our president will be in 2024! Sorry, but your actions backfired on you.
Nope

Old 08-13-2022, 10:08 AM

19,750 posts, read 22,661,296 times
I'm waiting to see if there is any evidence of information being transmitted to a foreign nation or unauthorized persons. In the back of my mind I also wonder if our 5 eyes partners knew anything.

All of this could be very troublesome to our ability to work with our partners on sensitive intelligence sharing. Know it is known that sensitive information can be handled in the most cavalier way- an Executive branch with seemingly no guardrails to waltzing off with or nilly-willy declassifying information.

This is all very much a bad position for the U.S. to be in.

Old 08-13-2022, 10:09 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,035,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Kind of like they had the dossier, that they'd tried to push as being true?
Why does that keep getting ignored? I think it's tied to the raid at Mar-a-lago. I think all of this is tied together.... the last 10 years worth of political theater. I'm amazed at how gullible people are when their hate is so strong. Either that or the masses are intentionally diverting from the big picture.

I also think if Trump hadn't been the Republican on the ticket, this still would have happened had another Republican been the nominee instead and won against hillary.

And no matter who gets the R for 2024, the game between the left and right will still be just as dirty..... we're nowhere close to being done yet. And all of us are the pawns. Disgusting.

Old 08-13-2022, 10:10 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,870,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
This could be the beginning of the end for Donald Trump's political career.

Happy Saturday!
I hope so. Because if we cannot prosecute someone who blatantly stole and then refused to return highly classified top secret nuclear weapons documents then we are finished as a country. Might as well open up the archives to the world and let them have everything. Something the Trump supporters here would feel is perfectly fine as long as their guy walks away free and clear.

We have to hold the line at criminal espionage or what's the point?

Old 08-13-2022, 10:11 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,952,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That's not what I said. I said they declined to take anything other than what they deemed it was necessary to take. They then approved the storage of the rest. Got that? The FBI approved the storage of the rest at Mar-a-Lago.
Temporary storage... because he is not allowed to keep government documents, and especially not classified ones. You always leave out the details in your attempt to always be right.

Old 08-13-2022, 10:12 AM

2,418 posts, read 2,035,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
I'm waiting to see if there is any evidence of information being transmitted to a foreign nation or unauthorized persons. In the back of my mind I also wonder if our 5 eyes partners knew anything.

All of this could be very troublesome to our ability to work with our partners on sensitive intelligence sharing. Know it is known that sensitive information can be handled in the most cavalier way- an Executive branch with seemingly no guardrails to waltzing off with or nilly-willy declassifying information.

This is all very much a bad position for the U.S. to be in. :mad:
I agree with you on that count. Although I don't think DJT is the one we should be worried about here.

Old 08-13-2022, 10:12 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times
The insurance policy works it’s wonder!!!!

Old 08-13-2022, 10:14 AM

46,276 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I hope so. Because if we cannot prosecute someone who blatantly stole and then refused to return highly classified top secret nuclear weapons documents then we are finished as a country. Might as well open up the archives to the world and let them have everything. Something the Trump supporters here would feel is perfectly fine as long as their guy walks away free and clear.

We have to hold the line at criminal espionage or what's the point?
LOL, your girl hillary did get away wit hit and now your mad because trump is also going to get away with it. You cannot have it bother ways.....

Quote:
With respect to potential computer intrusion by hostile actors, we did not find direct evidence that Secretary Clinton’s personal e-mail domain, in its various configurations since 2009, was successfully hacked.
Quote:
For example, seven e-mail chains concern matters that were classified at the Top Secret/Special Access Program level when they were sent and received.

Again lefties/dems, the precedence was set by your folks.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies