Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2022, 10:37 AM

7,140 posts, read 4,738,653 times

Advertisements

I haven’t been paying attention.
So were top secret nuclear documents found?

Old 08-13-2022, 10:39 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,438,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
What department heads? There was almost nobody left at the White House when Trump left. Most who were still there in January had quit after Jan 6. And they would have been his own people. Who do you think watches what the President packs in boxes?

It is also possible some of the documents were taken to Mar A Lago at various times over the 4 years he was Pres.
Plus there was likely chaos going on there.

The end/transition of administrations is always going to be somewhat chaotic.

People jumping ship to get new jobs or simply to make a political statement.

We know people were throwing food at walls, dishes breaking, lawyers chasing other lawyers to keep them away from Trump, staff screaming at each other, etc.

Melania was so busy cataloging interior decorating changes she didnt even know Jan 6 was happening

Old 08-13-2022, 10:39 AM

25,441 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It's not that they couldn't retrieve them before, they could have retrieved any government records they wanted when they were admitted to Mar-a-Lago with a subpoena to retrieve government records in June. They took some, and left others, approving the storage of the latter at Mar-a-Lago.
All I know is what I've read and heard about why they didn't get the documents back, necessitating a warrant. Now we wait.

Old 08-13-2022, 10:40 AM

5,047 posts, read 6,346,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
If the SCIF is decommissioned upon the end of the presidency, how are secure documents located in the SCIF transferred to another SCIF?
People with appropriate training and clearance can be issued ‘courier cards’ that allow them to hand-carry sensitive documents (wrapped in such a way that it is not obvious that sensitive documents are being carried). The courier card is usually limited to a geographic area or specific trip.

19,743 posts, read 22,654,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
It’s nothing like a “current event” because Hillary and Hunter and every other criminal with a D after their name skates. Unless I missed their homes being raided by the Gestapo.
Unfortunately you failed to read the OP's question I responded too.

37,961 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
Why does that keep getting ignored? I think it's tied to the raid at Mar-a-lago. I think all of this is tied together.... the last 10 years worth of political theater. I'm amazed at how gullible people are when their hate is so strong. Either that or the masses are intentionally diverting from the big picture.

I also think if Trump hadn't been the Republican on the ticket, this still would have happened had another Republican been the nominee instead and won against hillary.

And no matter who gets the R for 2024, the game between the left and right will still be just as dirty..... we're nowhere close to being done yet. And all of us are the pawns. Disgusting.
All a person needs to do is recall how the FBI lied and abused their powers, to go after the Trump campaign using the disgraced and fake Steele dossier, that the DNC and Hilary paid for. We all know that the FBI has become politicized and weaponized. So it's no small stretch of the imagination to wonder if the FBI is once again abusing it's power to continue their political crusade against Trump.

If the DoJ was going to perform a raid on any US President, much less Trump, it would need to go way out of it's way to be as transparent as possible, so the people could see what they were doing.

Because the FBI has been political in the past, this raid needed to be performed in such a manner that there would be absolutely no doubt in anyone's mind that it was legit. They needed to invite Trump's lawyers to use their own video recording devices, so there was no doubt in anyone's mind that any evidence that was collected was legit, and the FBI was not planting surveillance devices or planting evidence. I am just going to assume the FBI planted some high tech audio or video surveillance devices.

Instead, the corrupt FBI went in there under the cover of darkness, not allowing any light in so the people could have seen what they were doing.

Like I said in a previous post, the FBI could claim they found Jimmy Hoffa's body, and there is absolutely no way for Trump to try and prove otherwise.

3,048 posts, read 1,151,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
You definitely do not know what you are talking about. You got one small thing correct, Trump's attorney was there, but she also said the FBI forbid her from accompanying them as they conducted their search. She tried to press the issue, but they again told her to stay away, and prevented anyone from seeing what they were doing.

The agents were apparently looking for documents pertaining to our country's nuclear program, so I'm going to assume the attorney did not have the required clearance and had been not read in. A personal attorney would have no standing in that situation.

Old 08-13-2022, 10:41 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,006,517 times
The New York Times is reporting that after the June 3rd meeting (in which more material was carted away), one of Trump's attorneys signed a statement affirming that all documents with classified markings had been returned.

Oops.

I'm starting to see why Mr. Trump, for his upcoming defense in Georgia, had to hire an attorney whom defends rappers.

Old 08-13-2022, 10:42 AM

3,113 posts, read 938,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Hillary Clinton says hi.

You want to trot out Hunter Biden? Again? Let's use a much better example of a person facing similar accusations.

"Lock Her Up!!!!"

Ring a bell? And you call Dems hypocrites?

Child please.
Yes, HRC is another example. Her team went ahead and took hammers to destroy the evidence yet no one was ever charged with evidence tempering.

You don’t live in a Democracy with rule of law. You just think you do!

Old 08-13-2022, 10:43 AM

30,148 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
All I know is what I've read and heard about why they didn't get the documents back, necessitating a warrant. Now we wait.
Its called seize and secure. They discovered documents that could be part of a crime. They secured them and then came back when they had the search warrant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies