Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2022, 10:57 PM

13,444 posts, read 4,289,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Answering with a non-answer is no answer.

There are limits on the President whether YOU think it applies to Trump or not. He was not God or king during his time in the White House.
I'm not going to go back and forth here. Andrew McCarthy at N.R. put it best in what's going on.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2022/...utm_term=first

Old 08-14-2022, 11:18 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,439,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
I'm not going to go back and forth here. Andrew McCarthy at N.R. put it best in what's going on.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2022/...utm_term=first
Two things can be going on at the same time.

I believe FBI knows exactly what they are looking for. Someone from the Presidents inner circle/staff and/or NARA has told them or given them enough information to figure it out.

Trump brought all of this on himself by not sending presidential records to NARA pronto.

He deserves whatever he gets. If he is indicted on a Jan 6 charge, because he withheld related documents from NARA he will be guilty of obstructing justice.

If he followed the PRA items that would be evidence regarding Jan 6 should already be at NARA.

Old 08-14-2022, 11:21 PM

3,113 posts, read 938,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
Atomic Energy Act and Related Legislation

42 U.S.C. §2011 et seq.

Only the department of energy can declassify documents related to nuclear weapons. The Washington post and the Atlantic had an article on this

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...uments/671119/
The Atlantic is no longer a trustworthy source.

To keep this apolitical, I searched for this by entering a custom range into google (so only results for dates before this incident, to keep out all the noise these propaganda rags turn out).

Ultimately, DOE is under the executive branch and the president is head of that branch. So the Atlantic's interpretation didn't make sense to me, granted I'm not a lawyer.

You can read about the actual act here: https://www.energy.gov/sites/prod/fi...n%20U.S.C..pdf

§2011 begins on page 14. I see nothing in there that indicates Atlantic's interpretation. Instead of quoting the Atlantic, quote from that act. Because besides not finding anything to support that assertion, a google search filtered for the dates yields nothing.

I want to point out, that even if this technically true (I have my doubts!), it doesn't mean Trump broke the law (*if* he had nuclear docs). Laws conflict all the time, and president is put in charge of determining classification status in the constitution (as I understand) so this will make it to the USSC to clear up any contradiction.

Old 08-14-2022, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Two things can be going on at the same time.

I believe FBI knows exactly what they are looking for. Someone from the Presidents inner circle/staff and/or NARA has told them or given them enough information to figure it out.

Trump brought all of this on himself by not sending presidential records to NARA pronto.

He deserves whatever he gets. If he is indicted on a Jan 6 charge, because he withheld related documents from NARA he will be guilty of obstructing justice.

If he followed the PRA items that would be evidence regarding Jan 6 should already be at NARA.

or like the Russian hoax and impeachment is nothing. The rest is your wishful thinking like under Mueller.

We had Presidents that sold arms to terrorists, ran cocaine to run illegal wars and NOBODY got indicted after they left office. Let me say it again, NO former President will ever be indicted. He can invade the wrong country and kill 1 million people or run endless illegal wars and nothing. Democrats are really playing people.

Old 08-14-2022, 11:49 PM

Quote:
or like the Russian hoax and impeachment is nothing. The rest is your wishful thinking like under Mueller.

We had Presidents that sold arms to terrorists, ran cocaine to run illegal wars and NOBODY got indicted after they left office. Let me say it again, NO former President will ever be indicted. He can invade the wrong country and kill 1 million people or run endless illegal wars and nothing. Democrats are really playing people.
I do think there is a chance he is indicted but if he is, it won’t be over what laws he broke (that will be the pretext) but who he pissed off. That’s how the justice system works at those levels. People are naive, believing in Santa Claus naive, if they think this is about national security or following the law! It’s about grudges.

Old 08-14-2022, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
I do think there is a chance he is indicted but if he is, it won’t be over what laws he broke (that will be the pretext) but who he pissed off. That’s how the justice system works at those levels. People are naive, believing in Santa Claus naive, if they think this is about national security or following the law! It’s about grudges.
I really don't think so. You don't throw stones when you live in a glass house. Indicting Trump would make a precedent that all former Presidents can be indicted for anything when the opposite party takes over and then We really have a Banana Republic.

Again, We had Presidents that sold wars and killed over 1 million people, supported torture, massive illegal spying, sold arms to terrorists, ran cocaine to fund illegal wars and the list are endless and no President in the history of the country got indicted.

Democrats have been playing their base and public for years. The last thing Biden and brass of the Democrat party wants is to indict a former President because is open season for them.

Biden and Garland should have at least appointed an independent counsel for the 1/6th and instead they made it political first and blew it.

Old 08-14-2022, 11:58 PM

2,338 posts, read 849,795 times
Just heard tonight. They've examined the boxes that were seized and found they were full of Playboy and Hustler magazines.

Apologies from the DOJ and FBI will be forthcoming and the boxes promptly returned to Mar a Largo

Old 08-15-2022, 12:03 AM

Quote:
I really don't think so. You don't throw stones when you live in a glass house. Indicting Trump would make a precedent that all former Presidents can be indicted for anything when the opposite party takes over and then We really have a Banana Republic.

Again, We had Presidents that sold wars and killed over 1 million people, supported torture, massive illegal spying, sold arms to terrorists, ran cocaine to fund illegal wars and the list are endless and no President in the history of the country got indicted.

Democrats have been playing their base and public for years. The last thing Biden and brass of the Democrat party wants is to indict a former President because is open season for them.

Biden and Garland should have at least appointed an independent counsel for the 1/6th and instead they made it political first and blew it.
I’m well aware presidents did horrible things. They have even had Americans assassinated. The point is not what they did but whom they pissed off. That’s how slimey our government is. You can kill whomever you want, sell secrets to whoever they want if you have the right friends! And if you **** off the right people, you can be a choir boy, they will nail you on something

Old 08-15-2022, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
I’m well aware presidents did horrible things. They have even had Americans assassinated. The point is not what they did but whom they pissed off. That’s how slimey our government is. You can kill whomever you want, sell secrets to whoever they want if you have the right friends! And if you **** off the right people, you can be a choir boy, they will nail you on something

All I'm saying is what price will Democrats are willing to pay? They will divide the country further for good and they will make themselves targets and their families by the DOJ when Republicans take power.

Is that the price they are willing to take to indict a former President? It's a bad trade and I really doubt they will.

Old 08-15-2022, 12:09 AM

Quote:
All I'm saying is what price will Democrats are willing to pay? They will divide the country further for good and they will make themselves target by the DOJ when Republicans take power.

Is that the price they are willing to take to indict a former President? It's a bad trade.
I think they think they will get away with it.

They killed Epstein in plain site with the lamest excuse ever. And got away with it. It helps to demonize your victims before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies