Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2022, 12:23 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Two words. Flight risk.
Exactly.

Old 08-15-2022, 12:25 PM

10,090 posts, read 7,763,936 times
Default In your opinion, how will this raid at Mar-a-Lago play out?

I have a gut feeling Trump will be indicted and unable to run for president again. This is what the dems/lefites want and nothing we can do to stop them even if Trump is not guilty. When the left own corrupt DOJ, FBI, MSM, big tech and SM, and the Republicans don't do much to protest or fight back, they will be successful at taking Trump down.

The lefties/dems have got Trump where they want him and are celebrating and no way in heck they will allow him to run. There is too much at stake and the dems have too much to lose if Trump is allowed to run again. Dems aren't done destroying us. To put it mildly, they are evil. They know if Trump ran, the investigations and impeachments will begin to clean the swamp. The dems won't allow that and will do what they have to to win in 2024.

When will Trump's indictment be announced? How long will the 'investigation' take? Will Trump still plan to announce that he is running, even though he will later be found guilty?

What if he runs and near the election in 2024 they find him guilty and he has to step down? Would only those in the running at that time only be able to run?

I'm just trying to figure out how all this works. Should Desantis run for president also in case Trump is pulled out at the last minute?

I'd really love for Trump to be able to run with Desantis as VP but if Trump is pulled out, Desantis would be also right? So Desantis should just run for president to be on safe side?

I think if Trump is found guilty a lot of people will be upset and it's unfair, but nothing we can do and Republicans won't start a Civil War. But if other way around and we did this to the dems, there would be. Republicans don't 'peaceful protest' and aren't fighters in the streets like the dems are.

In summary I think dems win in 2024 by cheating and our country will be ruined beyond repair....just as Trump predicted.

How do you think this will all play out?

Old 08-15-2022, 12:26 PM

23,561 posts, read 12,525,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Well maybe Trump got weak in the knees just gazing on a fabulously wealthy despot, but I think it was a dainty little curtsey.
LOL, if that's what you want to think. It shows that you really don't pay attention, but okay. Anyway, there no guessing about Obama bowed in submission to the king.
Quote:
Why would Trump take a picture of the king and Obama when leaving the WH? That is rather silly.)
Pictures and videos of him submissively bowing to the king can easily be found online, so why do you believe he would need to take a picture of it when leaving the WH? No one wants to see Obama's mug in the first place and especially during his weak moments of being submissive to other leaders.

Old 08-15-2022, 12:28 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,452,873 times
Or flighty risk
Course I'm all for letting the mentally deranged be tended to in a Siberia safe house. Heard there is no waiting on the golf courses there .

The rational side says the DOJ will confer with the NARA . The NARA will say, well we got em back. No need to pursue any legal charges he violated.

The justice side of my being says: pursue Charges and continue building the already clear cut case.

Old 08-15-2022, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Two words. Flight risk.
LOL. Six words. They were grabbing everything they saw.

Old 08-15-2022, 12:32 PM

20,865 posts, read 9,532,948 times
Quote:
Two words. Flight risk.
Bingo.

Old 08-15-2022, 12:33 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Trump's own National Security Advisor ain't buying the claim that Trump issued some sort of "standing order" to declassify anything/everything he took from the WH:

...'I was never briefed on any such order, procedure, policy when I came in,' Bolton said.
'If he were to say something like that, you would have to memorialize that, so that people would know it existed.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-fbi-raid.html

Huh, that's the same point I've been making! You can't just say it.

Old 08-15-2022, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Trump's own National Security Advisor ain't buying the claim that Trump issued some sort of "standing order" to declassify anything/everything he took from the WH:

...'I was never briefed on any such order, procedure, policy when I came in,' Bolton said.
'If he were to say something like that, you would have to memorialize that, so that people would know it existed.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-fbi-raid.html

Huh, that's the same point I've been making! You can't just say it.
He was out of the WH in 2019. Or, did he stay in the WH and hide in closets or something?

Old 08-15-2022, 12:46 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
I think it was a hunting for Jan 6 actionable items. I think this is all pretext.

What we know for certain is that the GSO packed all that stuff up. NOT TRUMP.
We know the FBI was there earlier and looked for stuff.
We know the FBI told the lawyers to pack stuff away and lock it up.
We know the FBI found the stuff where they told the lawyers to lock it away.
We know the FBI searched the entire house.
We know the FBI didnt let the lawyers observe the search. (This is legal but it is also reasonable to allow lawyers to observe).
We know there are leaks that this was about nuclear secrets.
We know Trump declassified a LOT of stuff before he left office.

The issue here is that for 6 years the left has gone after Trump like gangbusters and manufactured fake stuff (Russiagate) against him because they hate the guy.

I seriously think the FBI, CIA and Justice are corrupt and in on all of this. They cannot stop themselves.

The end goal is to "Get Trump". Doesnt matter how. Doesnt matter if its truth or a lie. It is just to get him. period.
They have their man. Now its just about getting their crime. (Pure Stalinist tactic)

Old 08-15-2022, 12:48 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
He was out of the WH in 2019. Or, did he stay in the WH and hide in closets or something?
Take it up with John Solomon:

...'President Trump in order to prepare the work the next day often took documents including classified documents to the residence. He had a standing order that documents removed from the Oval Office and taken to the residence were deemed to be declassified the moment he removed them.'...

Did Trump never take documents to the residence before 2019?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies