Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2022, 03:34 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,926,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The problem is should we not charge Trump, how can we charge anyone with any crime? It would prove that some people are above the law and separate but equal is illegal.
No one can argue with your statement from the point of view of a lawyer or a judge. If we don't indict Trump when we have the evidence in hand to convict him, he could go to his grave and evade the justice that he deserves. In a way, I think Trump would enjoy every minute of going to trial. If convicted he'd even take delight with being in prison since the whole world would watch his every move.

Here's the problem with convicting Trump. It's not 1960, 1980 or 2000. It is 2022, and we are at war. Do we really want to fight a battle that we might "win" (with a Trump conviction) but hand the Radical Right the perfect excuse to immobilize the forces at their command, the domestic terrorists and armed militias that stand ready to exact revenge? It would also hand even more power to fascist propagandists for years to come.

I am willing to take that chance. I've had my time in the sun - indict Trump and his cronies and let the chips fall where they may. But some might argue that the the wiser course would be to let Trump slide, so that we can live to fight another day. Because in the end could we win this battle but lose the war.

Last edited by GearHeadDave; 08-16-2022 at 03:42 PM..

Old 08-16-2022, 03:39 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
trobesmom, you know damn well what I'm talking about. Trump is guilty even in this thread, before he has even been to court.

You say you are in the middle, but many times your responses are clearly in conflict.
I've never said I was in the middle, lol. Trump being guilty on a random forum isn't going to affect him though, not like a real live court would.

But yes, I do think he's been guilty of a lot of things that have been able to slip. That is, of course, my opinion. I also know that many will never see him guilty of anything, even if it were proven in a court of law beyond a reasonable doubt.

Old 08-16-2022, 04:21 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,439,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
The DOI/FBI has already lied: the raid was urgent, no. The warrant was narrow, no. The DOJ will only speak through court filings, no...there have been leaks.
When it comes to leaks, there is really no way to know whether or not you are getting an "officially sanctioned in the know leak" or a leak from someone who knows stuff or purports to know stuff via some mix of their own personal knowledge, experience within an agency, water cooler gossip or a friend at DOJ/FBI.

Old 08-16-2022, 04:24 PM

2,043 posts, read 855,366 times
Man this whole situation is starting to stink more and more the further we get into this. Just came out today the FBI tried to turn Trump security cameras off. Refused to allow trumps lawyers to observe anything, they couldn’t possibly have violated more of trumps constitutional rights if they tried. I wonder if the US military personnel would back the FBI if it became necessary? There’s some groups of people out there I’ve been reading about that are really pissed off about this. To the point the FBI might not even be able to protect its own self. They would need the military to protect them. Really crazy what’s going on In America today. We might actually see a real legit civil war. Something I for one sure hope we avoid, but one side of our government sure seems hell-bent on making sure it happens. I say to those who think we’re at the point for Civil War, we need to not engage in violence. Trust me when I tell you this is what they want us to do so they can label us all domestic terrorists. Then they can come after you with everything they got. Just vote. Get the clown show out of our government and get somebody in there we’ll fire all of these idiots.

Old 08-16-2022, 04:25 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,784,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
I have. I was an Obama voter as an independent but have watched democrats go off the rails. By all means, if proven guilty, there should be consequences. It’s going to have to be excoriating, implicitly spelled out, and deadly serious, to be worse than Hillary’s crimes.
Problem is, they have lied about so many other things, the FBI and DOJ have lost credibility. Our institutions have been weaponized and are no longer trusted.
Garland claimed reasonable steps are always first choice but failed to say what reasonable steps were taken. If some confidential informant said documents were still at MAL, a simple letter and Motion to Compel was the next reasonable step. Instead, they raided the place. Fishing expedition because they have so far failed with their spying attempts on Trump campaign, their fake FISA warrants and lies, and Russian collusion fake conspiracy.
And I am supposed to trust in some twilight zone type of integrity they possess?
I don’t think so. Twist it however you want. Past history indicates future behavior.
Trumps lawyer sent a letter stating no documents were present.
That lawyer is looking at prison

Old 08-16-2022, 04:27 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,926,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
Trumps lawyer sent a letter stating no documents were present.
That lawyer is looking at prison
Why do you say that? If Trump or DeSantis is elected, wouldn't they be able to pardon that lawyer?

Old 08-16-2022, 04:44 PM

14,775 posts, read 8,106,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
And is that a criminal offense, which mandates an FBI raid to confiscate everything which is not nailed down?

They have tried to get the documents over and over again, by asking nicely. Then they gave a subpoena for the documents....which of course Trump ignored as per usual. So in the end, they had to get a search warrant since he would not comply with their demands for the documents.

Old 08-16-2022, 04:47 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
They have tried to get the documents over and over again, by asking nicely. Then they gave a subpoena for the documents....which of course Trump ignored as per usual. So in the end, they had to get a search warrant since he would not comply with their demands for the documents.
They knew they were there.

Old 08-16-2022, 04:49 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
They knew they were there.
They were told by his attorney that there were no more classified documents there. So no, they did not know until later.

Old 08-16-2022, 04:51 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
They were told by his attorney that there were no more classified documents there. So no, they did not know until later.
As far as that attorney knew. Prove me wrong.

Do you understand how this goes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies