Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2022, 05:57 AM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
Well nobody knows anything for sure yet, at this point it is just conjecture. I guess we all need to be a little more patient on this subject and see what happens and how it all unfolds.

They did have to present some evidence to the Judge for him to issue the warrant in the first place though. But in America you are innocent until proven guilty. It is premature to say that Trump is going to Prison when he hasn't even been charged and tried for this yet, just like it is premature to lay blame on the Justice Department, the Judge and FBI when we really don't have all of the information yet.

But, it's probably best if we all err on the side of caution, and wait and see how this all plays out.
No one should be saying that he's guilty at this point but as usual Trump is a master of misinformation.

His lawyer does have a very serious problem for claiming everything has been returned.

Old 08-19-2022, 06:21 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Six years of "but Hillary.... and her emails..."

And, ironically, six years of rage when a manbaby has hurt feelers and doesn't want to follow rules and procedures, and people notice. "So unfairrrr! He can do whatever he wants, whenever he wants, no questions! If he wants to have secret documents in his home, so what? He should have everything!!11!"
The same with Obama in 2008-2016 with the different crisises like Solyndra, Fast & Furious, Bengazi and the IRS targeting scandal. Sadly, they do not want to hold Trump accountable and call it a witch-hunt while doing for Obama and Hillary was not. The fact is Obama and Hillary created smoke screens. Trump creates dumpster fires.

Old 08-19-2022, 06:51 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,100,379 times
The warrant, the break in, the taking of privileged communications the court ruling to unseal most of the affidavits, the redaction all follow the previous attempts to "get" President Trump. And I think will fail as with the others. They will indict, charge and arrest him. At that point, it's anyone's guess what happens,

Ultimately just as with the other attacks, this one also will fail. Remember they brough a SWAT team and a helicopter to arrest an elderly man, Roger Stone..

The canary in the cage in the coal mine has died. And it took the FBI along with it.

Old 08-19-2022, 07:10 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subjective Opinion View Post
It's a Trump mind reader!
So you did not read what I was responding to. Nobody is surprised.

Old 08-19-2022, 07:20 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,565,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
We certainly know that Richard Nixon tried to do that, with his enemies list.

We also know that Trump (another Republican) tried to sic a foreign government on a fellow US citizen, American citizens are the people he was supposed to protect.

So yes it's possible, the most egregious examples of such abuse have come from Republican presidents.

But this Mar A Lago raid is nothing like that.

If you or I had even one piece of classified information in our homes, we should expect to be raided and brought before the courts. This is not new, it has always been that way. If you do not know this you have no grasp of the matter.

The authorities would want to know how and why we had it, and they wouldn't be particularly reluctant to ask. You or I could expect to be handled rather roughly.

Do you think when Ethyl and Julius were caught they were handled any differently? They paid the ultimate price for their treachery.

It has always been this way with regard to classified information.

Also, it is a fact that Trump was asked for this material months ago. He failed to comply. Then the material was subpoenaed, he refused to comply. This is extraordinary forbearance being exhibited by the US government in Trump's case.

Citizen Trump is still, even in this instance, treated better than any ordinary citizen in the same situation.

So don't sling your BS about this here, everyone knows better.
Excellent response! If this was anyone else, they would be under trial right now and would be found guilty and then pay a penalty for their wrongdoings.

Old 08-19-2022, 07:24 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Yeah, just like Deep Throat in the Watergate investigation...it was some anonymous person until it wasn't....but then there was facts

This is one of the most useless arguments that has ever been, it's nothing until it is....

Hey look, you own a gun, when are you going to murder someone, I mean, you own a gun.....

Old 08-19-2022, 07:25 AM

1,799 posts, read 562,326 times
A number of things become obvious even to Trump supporters if they just pay attention to Trump and his own people.

#1 Trump took classified documents. He has now tacitly admitted this by claiming he had issued a "standing order" that all documents he took home were to be declassified.

#2 Trump lies. His OWN ADMINISTRATION people , like 20 of them, have gone on record saying his claim of a standing order to declassify anything he took home is complete BS. Again, these are his own people from his own admin, not the FBI, not the Dems. His own people are now saying he is lying about all of this.

#3 No such declassification took place. If a document is declassified from top secret, it involves a long process of notifying certain people this has been done. It never happened. There is no record of the documents he had possession of when he was no longer POTUS ever being declassified.

Trump lied folks. Even his own admin now admits this. Trump is scrambling to cover his rear and making crap up.

Old 08-19-2022, 07:31 AM

23,562 posts, read 12,525,568 times
Quote:
Yeah, just like Deep Throat in the Watergate investigation...it was some anonymous person until it wasn't....but then there was facts
Unlike now., and apparently many on the left cannot seem to grasp that fact.

Quote:
We will have to wait and see what Proof there is.
When are y'all going to start doing that?

Since y'all have been quickly falling for anonymous sources for the past 6+ years, with those sources often being proven to be wrong or a twisted version of the truth, I don't think I'll be holding my breath while waiting on you folks to suddenly adopt a wait-and-see attitude anytime soon.

Old 08-19-2022, 07:36 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
I have many times in this very thread, remember asking about the padlock?

You are the one that said you had charges against my savior Jesus that Ive been waiting quite a while to see.

You are the one that said you posts are speculation, and I know them down with facts consistently.

Put on the accountability pants and people like me with facts wont embarrass you so easily.
Anything posted here by anyone is pure speculation, you included. Don't try to use that as a bargaining chip.

If you have facts exonerating Big Orange, bring them.

Old 08-19-2022, 07:37 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
Quote:
Facts—as in boxes of restricted government material found at Trump’s residence/MarALago

Thought it was interesting that one of the files Trump stole and that was recovered was Roger Stone’s file—
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies