Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2022, 05:30 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I've read articles about it, and they all say that the info is anonymously sourced. Are you denying that?
You stated as a fact that the lawyer lied, soooo, were you lying or being truthful? A "legitimate conversation" is not based on lies.
The poster you replied to was asking not about "reading articles about it" but rather the specific Fox News article from six days ago where Trump's former lawyer said that there was no confidential material at Mar-A-Lago, as of June

Old 08-19-2022, 05:44 PM

23,449 posts, read 12,481,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The poster you replied to was asking not about "reading articles about it" but rather the specific Fox News article from six days ago where Trump's former lawyer said that there was no confidential material at Mar-A-Lago, as of June
Did the lawyer say it as something like "To the best of my knowledge"? How can the lawyer be called a liar if the poster has no idea of exactly what was said? If it was that poster's opinion, then that poster should have said so and I would have just moved on to the next post. But that poster did not do that. Instead that poster stated it as a fact that the lawyer was lying.

Old 08-19-2022, 05:47 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,877,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Did the lawyer say it as something like "To the best of my knowledge"? How can the lawyer be called a liar if the poster has no idea of exactly what was said? If it was that poster's opinion, then that poster should have said so and I would have just moved on to the next post. But that poster did not do that. Instead that poster stated it as a fact that the lawyer was lying.
It is unknown if the Trump lawyer who told the DOJ that the documents were returned when they weren't knowingly lied or lied based on bad information given to them by their client. That is for the justice system to decide to be quite honest. It wouldn't shock me either way given Trump's business dealings.

Old 08-19-2022, 05:51 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,827,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
It is unknown if the Trump lawyer who told the DOJ that the documents were returned when they weren't knowingly lied or lied based on bad information given to them by their client. That is for the justice system to decide to be quite honest. It wouldn't shock me either way given Trump's business dealings.
And some of his previous choices for attorneys

Old 08-19-2022, 05:53 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,827,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Or an attempt to get back on the Martha's Vineyard cocktail circuit.
True ‘dat…

Old 08-19-2022, 05:55 PM

8,328 posts, read 2,958,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
What does this have to do with the Mar-A-Lago raid?
Another witch hunt. Lets raid his property so that we may find something. Let’s not raid any dems after we’ve already found something. Deny the outrageous double standards. Go ahead!

Dems are going to get Trump re-elected.

Old 08-19-2022, 05:55 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,088,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
So there was no physical damage done to Mr. Stone
Just injured pride and chagrin at being arrested under the view of the media when he couldn’t control the agenda
The emotional toll of being subjected to the incident was clearly traumatic. Fortunately he is not a snowflake and it made him more vocal and stronger. The embarrassment is the FBI's.

Old 08-19-2022, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Taking the documents is part of the investigation. The government has been trying to get these documents back for months.
Dems were talking about impeachment of Trump prior to 2016. They’ve never stopped with the witch hunt BS and TDS are blinded by hate. Focus on your own party. Who’s running against Trump in 2024? You have no interest in Biden, for obvious reasons, so?

Old 08-19-2022, 05:59 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,088,992 times
What is incomprehensible to me is that y'all discount the 5 years of trying to get to the President with all of those attempts crashing and burning and the people who slithered in and sponsored the lies, all failing and you STILL want to give credence to this latest fiasco....

What is up with you. If a bully came after one of your kids 5 times would you still believe him?

Old 08-19-2022, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
This is what is most troubling about Trump supporters. We have a 40 year history of this guy and his behavior. There is nothing really different about the allegations now compared to the allegations of the past.

Somehow Trump supporters seem to ignore all that, deny it, or claim that he has changed.

Leopards and their spots. I bet even Trump supporters have used that one before about someone.
So don’t vote for him. See how easy that was? All that ranting for what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies