Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2022, 08:40 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Truly hilarious.
We can happily revisit your "100% unsealed" claims, if you like.

Old 08-23-2022, 08:46 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times
This reminds me of when John Dean revealed that Nixon had tape recording in the Oval. There was a hush in the Senate Chamber that day and the Chair looked at Dean and said "you're telling us that all the conversations are were taped"?

It was like a bomb went off.....and led to the resignation of Nixon.

It's that big people.

Sorry NOT SORRY.

boy o' boy.

Old 08-23-2022, 08:56 AM

23,468 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Trump is in real Trouble. Only matter of time before arrest warrant s go out.

Wow, look at the spin by the NYT and MSNBC about Trump going through the boxes, they're trying to make it look as if he'd sneakily done it. Since the boxes contained his own material too, he and his team had permission from NARA to go through the boxes to review the documents in the boxes. This would be a non-story if the NYT and MSNBC had told the truth about the matter, but their viewers don't want the truth, so there ya go.

Old 08-23-2022, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
You cannot "take away" executive privilege from a former President. He/she loses that privilege the minute the new President is sworn-in.
Where the heck are you getting your false info from? All former presidents still retain that privilege.

Old 08-23-2022, 09:04 AM

One or two steps away from the Bottom falling out.

Old 08-23-2022, 09:05 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Where the heck are you getting your false info from? All former presidents still retain that privilege.
I stand corrected.

Can former presidents invoke executive privilege? In a 1977 case, the Supreme Court held that a law forcing Richard Nixon to turn over his presidential papers was not unconstitutional. The controlling opinion held that former presidents could assert executive privilege. However, it also held that the law was not a violation of separation of powers, in part because neither President Ford nor President Carter thought so. This distinction could mean that a former president can invoke executive privilege, but might not be able to invoke testimonial immunity. OLC has concluded that the privilege extends to a former counsel based on separation of powers principles and from the precedent of former President Truman’s “refusal to comply with a subpoena directing him to appear before the House Committee on Un-American Activities.”

https://www.rpc.senate.gov/policy-pa...tive-privilege

I'm positive I read somewhere that privilege was only extended to sitting Presidents, but if I did, that's obviously wrong.

Thanks!

Old 08-23-2022, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
It is coming out just now that President Biden worked to subvert the rights of the former POTUS. This is counter to Garland's assertion that he was solely responsible. Emails which are coming out now which shows that the Biden Administration was intimately connected to the plan to take away Trumps executive privilege and got Biden to sign off on it.

Reported in Just the News - John Soloman
Yep. Biden* lied about not knowing about the raid. The WH had been directly coordinating with NARA and the DOJ. The J6 committee was probably failing to come up with anything so the WH dreamed up this scheme.

Biden* did take away Trump's executive privilege. As Dershowitz said, Biden* made a "mockery of the whole notion of privilege". It may take the SC to decide if what Biden* had done was legal or not.

I skipped past some posts so I don't know if you'd posted a link to the story, so I'll go ahead and post it:

https://archive.ph/GciN3#selection-2703.116-2703.158

An interesting review of the article by Styx:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im_N1W1hbb8

(I fully expect the anti-T's to ignorantly dismiss or attack what is in the article and/or the source, you know how they are)

Old 08-23-2022, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I stand corrected.

Can former presidents invoke executive privilege? In a 1977 case, the Supreme Court held that a law forcing Richard Nixon to turn over his presidential papers was not unconstitutional. The controlling opinion held that former presidents could assert executive privilege. However, it also held that the law was not a violation of separation of powers, in part because neither President Ford nor President Carter thought so. This distinction could mean that a former president can invoke executive privilege, but might not be able to invoke testimonial immunity. OLC has concluded that the privilege extends to a former counsel based on separation of powers principles and from the precedent of former President Truman’s “refusal to comply with a subpoena directing him to appear before the House Committee on Un-American Activities.”

https://www.rpc.senate.gov/policy-pa...tive-privilege

I'm positive I read somewhere that privilege was only extended to sitting Presidents, but if I did, that's obviously wrong.

Thanks!
As I'd said it may take the SC, or another higher court, to decide if what Biden* had done is legal or not.

Old 08-23-2022, 09:43 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,724,781 times
This doesn't sound so great for Trump

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-nara/

'Yikes': Experts stunned after Trump's late-night release of NARA document

Quote:
Attorney Bradley Moss wondered, "Does [John Solomon] realize how bad that letter is for Trump?
Quote:
"Trump not only had classified records at Mar-a-Lago, not only had TS/SCI classified records, he had Special Access Program classified information," Moss explained. "Those are our most sensitive secrets. They were sitting in a damn basement."
Moderator cut: copyright

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-23-2022 at 11:31 AM..

Old 08-23-2022, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
As I'd said it may take the SC, or another higher court, to decide if what Biden* had done is legal or not.
You think he will be on the post then? He looks awful...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies