Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2022, 03:31 PM

37,177 posts, read 19,200,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
The former president has publicly demanded the release of the unredacted affidavit but did not make that request in court

The prosecutors made the redactions so that served the DoJ’s needs
I don’t think the DoJ will appeal because they got what they wanted
Shame Trump and protect their agents and specific nature of documents that don’t need to be named

And WHY didn’t Trump object???? Since it was less than he called to be released…
I am sure his attorneys were given a purview of the redacted affidavit
As long as it's not released unredacted, Trump will use it to skin his base a little more, and they will willingly peel themselves to send him what he asks for.

If it was released complete, Trump might not like it very much at all. It may cost him quite a lot more than he's willing to spend to find out who the mole is.

Old 08-25-2022, 04:42 PM

37,177 posts, read 19,200,869 times
CNN is reporting that Tom Fitton of Judicial Watch is the one who advised Trump not to return the documents he stole. I'll reserve judgement until another source reports it. If it is true, I hope Trump keeps him on retainer. He's a definite asset.

Old 08-25-2022, 05:08 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Judge just ruled -- redacted affidavit will be released by noon tomorrow! https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...location=alert
I suspect it will be so heavily redacted that it will be very unclear as to what its focus was

Old 08-25-2022, 05:16 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I suspect it will be so heavily redacted that it will be very unclear as to what its focus was
Reinhart specifically reviewed the redacted affidavit to determine if there was going to be enough left to provide any insight. If there wasn't then he wasn't going to release it. However since he OK'd it, apparently it does.

Old 08-25-2022, 05:34 PM

23,563 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
It won't stop the anti-T's from spinning everything that's remaining on it. Their media is probably thinking up new things for their [so called] anonymous sources to say about it. Apparently, the anonymous sources aren't as familiar with the matter as they'll claim to be, since they didn't know what to say about it until they read it after the release.

Old 08-25-2022, 08:38 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Guest on Bret Baier tonight, 70'ish former govt atty/Asst. AG, or something like that, can't find his name but he was clearly credible and not an ignoramus, said tonight Presidential Records Act is very clear - Trump has no right to govt docs after he leaves office. Guest stated it was probably more likely search was conducted to retrieve documents, not prosecute Trump.

Interesting, back on this thread a zillion pages was a post describing how scrupulous Pence and his people were in returning documents. Of course, Pence knows how govt works - and respects it.

Old 08-25-2022, 09:07 PM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Guest on Bret Baier tonight, 70'ish former govt atty/Asst. AG, or something like that, can't find his name but he was clearly credible and not an ignoramus, said tonight Presidential Records Act is very clear - Trump has no right to govt docs after he leaves office. Guest stated it was probably more likely search was conducted to retrieve documents, not prosecute Trump.

Interesting, back on this thread a zillion pages was a post describing how scrupulous Pence and his people were in returning documents. Of course, Pence knows how govt works - and respects it.

I don't see the feds going after Trump this. They could but they won't.

Old 08-25-2022, 10:23 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,482,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I don't see the feds going after Trump this. They could but they won't.
I agree with this. Unless the risk assessments determine a serious breach, they will most probably close the book. The search warrant was a last resort after exercising exceptional restraint beginning in May 2021 to get these documents back. DOJ never wanted this to become a thing. They tried for over a year to avoid the situation getting to this point.

Trump, by denying the existence of possession of the latest tranche found, has escalated what DOJ hoped could be settled amicably. Now Trump has been caught in his lie, effectively obstructing justice, borne out by docs recovered - and forced DOJ into determining whether or not to hold him accountable.

If they give him a pass, they'll look weak. If they enforce the law and indict him, it's a national spectacle. For now, I think they'll avoid the spectacle if at all possible.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 08-25-2022 at 11:36 PM..

Old 08-25-2022, 11:44 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
I agree with this. Unless the risk assessments determine a serious breach, they will most probably close the book. The search warrant was a last resort after exercising exceptional restraint beginning in May 2021 to get these documents back. DOJ never wanted this to become a thing. They tried for over a year to avoid the situation getting to this point.

Trump, by denying the existence of possession of the latest tranche found, has escalated what DOJ hoped could be settled amicably. Now Trump has been caught in his lie, effectively obstructing justice, borne out by docs recovered - and forced DOJ into determining whether or not to hold him accountable.

If they give him a pass, they'll look weak. If they enforce the law and indict him, it's a national spectacle. For now, I think they'll avoid the spectacle if at all possible.
But you know someone who does love spectacle…

Would YOU trust Trump to guard the national interest as president again?

If the DoJ doesn’t do something Trump could wind up in the Oval Office with access to any and all national secrets

I was not comfortable before and I certainly wouldn’t be comfortable the 2nd time…

Old 08-25-2022, 11:52 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
CNN is reporting that Tom Fitton of Judicial Watch is the one who advised Trump not to return the documents he stole. I'll reserve judgement until another source reports it. If it is true, I hope Trump keeps him on retainer. He's a definite asset.
From Judicial Watch’s latest Trump article

The battle for transparency and accountable will continue and require much heavy lifting by your Judicial Watch legal team. If this current crisis doesn’t convince you of the need for Judicial Watch, I’m not sure what will! I encourage you to join our cause and support our work directly here. In the meantime, we will keep you abreast of breaking developments in the Biden administration’s attack on President Trump and the rule of law.

I encourage you to join our cause and support our work directly here.

Money, money, money…there is a link at the HERE to a donation page needless to say…
The Trump mantra others of his cabal use to support themselves too…
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies