Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2022, 12:01 AM

3,098 posts, read 3,783,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
I agree with this. Unless the risk assessments determine a serious breach, they will most probably close the book. The search warrant was a last resort after exercising exceptional restraint beginning in May 2021 to get these documents back. DOJ never wanted this to become a thing. They tried for over a year to avoid the situation getting to this point.

Trump, by denying the existence of possession of the latest tranche found, has escalated what DOJ hoped could be settled amicably. Now Trump has been caught in his lie, effectively obstructing justice, borne out by docs recovered - and forced DOJ into determining whether or not to hold him accountable.

If they give him a pass, they'll look weak. If they enforce the law and indict him, it's a national spectacle. For now, I think they'll avoid the spectacle if at all possible.
No, we are a nation of laws not of men. No man is above the law and trump is not a king.

Trumps lawyers drafted and signed a false affidavit stating that trump no longer possessed the documents. That is a crime with serious prison time. The question here is did trump direct them to write the affidavit or did they commit this crime on their own.
This concerns our countries national security.The lawyers should be disbarred and serve time. If they implicate trump he should be charged.

The DOJ must act without fear or favor

If trump supporters want to act up and commit crimes. Let them. Just don’t drop the soap in prison

Last edited by ssmaster; 08-26-2022 at 01:06 AM..

Old 08-26-2022, 12:25 AM

25,576 posts, read 56,455,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Would YOU trust Trump to guard the national interest as president again?

If the DoJ doesn’t do something Trump could wind up in the Oval Office with access to any and all national secrets

I was not comfortable before and I certainly wouldn’t be comfortable the 2nd time…
Oh, I agree with everything you say. I have never been so uneasy and anxious in my life as during the four years of Trump - a 24/7 nightmare that entire four years. The 2nd time would be the ruination of our democracy. Without a doubt, Trump is a clear and present danger to our entire government. With him as president, we don't need enemies.

That said, for now, I think an indictment and trial is a bridge too far for the DOJ, unless he's done something treasonous with these docs. They still aren't sure they have them all - NARA doing an inventory. Who knows what he's destroyed or squirreled away elsewhere. If more are uncovered at MAL and/or other locations, then DOJ will probably lower the hammer.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 08-26-2022 at 12:43 AM..

Old 08-26-2022, 12:56 AM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I don't see the feds going after Trump this. They could but they won't.
I agree. This is not a banana republic.

Old 08-26-2022, 04:23 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,818,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
That is because Clinton committed an impeachable offense (lying under oath/perjury) and Trump did not.
LOL. A comedian.

Old 08-26-2022, 04:30 AM

37,170 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
From Judicial Watch’s latest Trump article

The battle for transparency and accountable will continue and require much heavy lifting by your Judicial Watch legal team. If this current crisis doesn’t convince you of the need for Judicial Watch, I’m not sure what will! I encourage you to join our cause and support our work directly here. In the meantime, we will keep you abreast of breaking developments in the Biden administration’s attack on President Trump and the rule of law.

I encourage you to join our cause and support our work directly here.

Money, money, money…there is a link at the HERE to a donation page needless to say…
The Trump mantra others of his cabal use to support themselves too…
Riding them coattails! Yippee ti Yay!

Old 08-26-2022, 04:32 AM

37,170 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
That is because Clinton committed an impeachable offense (lying under oath/perjury) and Trump did not.
Did you read Barr's statement that was released yesterday about the Mueller report?

Old 08-26-2022, 05:10 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,449,182 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Did you read Barr's statement that was released yesterday about the Mueller report?
Newly unredacted DOJ Memo illustrating Bill Barr's cover up of Trump obstruction of justice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eek2fKdEB2E

The memo in question. Now available for anyone to read.

Mueller (a lifelong Republican BTW) listed ten incidences of Trump obstruction of justice. For any one of which, or all of them, he could be tried in a court of law if he were not at the time a sitting president.

Furthermore Mueller explained under oath that his report DOES NOT exonerate the former president, contradicting Bill Barr. Removing the redactions of the Barr memo exposes Bill Barr's corruption of justice and lying (for political purposes) to the people.

I think it important to point out that Bill Barr was lying primarily to Trump supporters, to achieve the results we see here, like post #8016 above, a distortion of reality.

Last edited by Hesychios; 08-26-2022 at 05:21 AM.. Reason: add links

Old 08-26-2022, 05:23 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,664,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
LOL. A comedian.

Lots of them on the Left

Old 08-26-2022, 05:46 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
CNN is reporting that Tom Fitton of Judicial Watch is the one who advised Trump not to return the documents he stole. I'll reserve judgement until another source reports it. If it is true, I hope Trump keeps him on retainer. He's a definite asset.
I see where Business Insider also picked up on the story, although it heavily relies on the CNN reporting.

Mr. Fitton was contacted by CNN and while he did not confirm or deny having such conversations with Mr. Trump, he did say that he has been vocal in public about how Mr. Trump may retain these documents.

Since the CNN article notes several unnamed sources close to Mr. Trump, I rather suspect that Mr. Trump's camp is now seeking a fall guy.

It will not work.

Old 08-26-2022, 05:47 AM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Newly unredacted DOJ Memo illustrating Bill Barr's cover up of Trump obstruction of justice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eek2fKdEB2E

The memo in question. Now available for anyone to read.

Mueller (a lifelong Republican BTW) listed ten incidences of Trump obstruction of justice. For any one of which, or all of them, he could be tried in a court of law if he were not at the time a sitting president.

Furthermore Mueller explained under oath that his report DOES NOT exonerate the former president, contradicting Bill Barr. Removing the redactions of the Barr memo exposes Bill Barr's corruption of justice and lying (for political purposes) to the people.

I think it important to point out that Bill Barr was lying primarily to Trump supporters, to achieve the results we see here, like post #8016 above, a distortion of reality.
Need to spread reps.

+1

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies