Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2022, 05:30 AM

37,169 posts, read 19,174,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
Yes, I do and there are sites on the Internet that can assist with researching such information. Is posting insults cool or something? I didn't get that memo. If you want to be a negative, bad human, thats your choice i guess
Works for me.

As long as we’re on the same page with the possibility that there were stolen documents illegally at MAL dealing with nuclear technology and the locations of our nuclear weapons, it’s all good.

Old 08-28-2022, 05:59 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,664,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Works for me.

As long as we’re on the same page with the possibility that there were stolen documents illegally at MAL dealing with nuclear technology and the locations of our nuclear weapons, it’s all good.

sure its possible. It is also possible they were taken with permission, legally, declassified, planted, Russian disinformation, or even non existent

sounds like an allegation.

in IT, I'm required by definition to consider anything is possible in most all cases even highly improbable things, you have to have an open mind. I constantly look at blocks of code and have to wonder what deleting/modifying it can indirectly affect even though in most cases it should be nothing. Ive seen things as stupid as modifying a documentation page breaking webcaching, it makes no sense. You have to embrace uncertainty sometimes.

Last edited by tipsyguam; 08-28-2022 at 06:08 AM..

Old 08-28-2022, 06:08 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
The problem with your assertion is, as a federal le, the plain view doctrine would apply and he could have taken action on the spot, if a federal statute was violated.

It's not my assertion. Take your argument up with Mr. Rove.

Old 08-28-2022, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Yes, it was a presidential residence. He doesn't live inside the club. Unless you can prove that he'd moved from one of the outer residential buildings and into the club?

I highlighted the important bit for you.

Old 08-28-2022, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
Just an observation, the opening of the affidavit states “ The government is conducting a criminal investigation concerning the improper removal and storage of classified information in unauthorized spaces”

The appropriate statute would be 18 U.S. Code § 1924 - Unauthorized removal and retention of classified documents or material

But that’s not listed as a suspected charge, they list statutes that don’t specifically apply to classified documents, why not? Because the government recognizes they are declassified and therefore can’t find probable cause for the very basis of the criminal investigation.
You're making a lot of assumptions here.

Also this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
The "very basis of the criminal investigation would be" - according to the legal system - the statutes listed in the affidavit and warrant. That up there is some weird pretzel logic.

Old 08-28-2022, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
When a president leaves office, does his residential SCIF magically disappear *poof*?

Of course, I know who the president is. Biden* is doing a very good job of destroying the country. Because of that then how can anyone not know who he is.

A former President would almost certainly have no need for a SCIF:

...Said Priess: "There's a myth out there that presidents have a formal security clearance. They don't."

The "commander in chief has the ability to classify or declassify documents," Priess said, by virtue of having been elected president by the American people. "A former president might receive access to limited classified material after leaving office to assist with writing memoirs or at the discretion of the current president, but a formal security clearance isn't involved."

https://www.stripes.com/theaters/us/...e-7102154.html

Old 08-28-2022, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I would like to know if Bill Clinton's documents were reviewed with a fine-tooth comb after he left office. I would like to know if Hilary Clinton's documents were reviewed with a fine-tooth comb after she left office.I grant you there was likely wrongdoing. Trump has been under siege of investigations (he calls them witch-hunts) since the day of his election in 2016. This is not whatabout-ism; I want some even-handedness. I don't want Trump in office again. I don't want the country to degenerate into South Africa's Truth and Reconciliation Commission or France's Committee of Public Safety.
Except that's precisely what this is. I want even-handedness, too, but that means we recognize past failures as being such, not that we allow them to continue.

Whataboutisms are not terribly compelling from a legal perspective. Or from a logical perspective, for that matter.

Old 08-28-2022, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
And then the attorneys told NARA that they had returned all the documents when in fact they hadn't.

Bingo.

Old 08-28-2022, 06:41 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,091,022 times
Quote:
Delaying tactic. Trump is in a pickle by his own hand.
In your mind and estimation. I do hope that you realize that there are two sides to every story.

Old 08-28-2022, 07:00 AM

23,453 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
I realize what information is classified that way. I’m not the one mocking the claim that nuclear secrets fall into that category. TS/SCI is used for state secrets that could literally impact the survival of the country and the people in the field working to protect it. The biggest question now is whether Trump sold it or gave it to a hostile country, whether he hadn’t had the chance yet, or if he simply stole top secret documents from the White House to use as toilet paper. Trump has compromised the security of the United States itself.
That the feds sat on their hands for 18 months proves that things aren't as dire as your fevered hand wringing would suggest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies