Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2022, 12:19 PM

22,993 posts, read 12,154,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
I don't believe that you would admit Trump's wrongdoing even if it was proven in court. You would say the court is corrupt.
I would? Oh man, you know me soooo well!!

Sorry but I no longer have time for your fantasies.

Old 08-31-2022, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
That sounds a like he'd be attempting to commit obstruction of justice, something I'm confident we'll learn much more about in the coming days.
Why are you deflecting from what I'd said?

How would him saying something to someone like Tucker that would be something like, 'I'm tired of politics and I'm stepping away from them totally and forever, and if I get back into them then lock me up' cause them to stop going after him? There'd be absolutely no reason for them to stop if they didn't want to.

Nope, if he'd said something like that to Tucker than the D's would tell themselves 'mission accomplished' and they'd walk away.

Old 08-31-2022, 12:25 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,893,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
This excerpt from a letter written by Evan Corcoran, one of Trump's current lawyers, explains it, sort of:

Trump was not an officer--but wasn't he an employee?
I agree the President is an employee. He gets a paycheck and a W2 from the US government.

Old 08-31-2022, 12:26 PM

8,302 posts, read 3,881,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I would? Oh man, you know me soooo well!! Sorry but I no longer have time for your fantasies.
That's encouraging, but you must understand why the question would be asked. After all, 70% of Republicans have rejected the findings of our courts that Biden's election was legitimate, findings that ultimately upheld his certification.

But 30% of Republicans DON'T accept the Big Lie and do accept the court certified results of the 2020 election - probably you are one of them. That would be consistent with your statement.

It's like crying wolf. Do it long enough and eventually people will never believe that you are reliable. Trumpists are getting a reputation for throwing our rule of law into the ditch. This is why there is a lingering suspicion that a Trump conviction won't be accepted, leading to a Constitutional crisis at some point.

Old 08-31-2022, 12:30 PM

6,404 posts, read 8,238,758 times
Quote:
It has to do with what I had posted that you had quoted and commented on. Maybe go back and reread what it was that I'd posted.

If it's proven then I'll accept it...as I'd stated MANY times already over everything that y'all had thrown at him over the past few years. This time is no different.

Since we constantly have to prove ourselves to you, and proving oneself is rarely a two-way street with the left, then answer these questions:

IF he's proven innocent, are you prepared to accept that outcome?

IF he's proven innocent, and he later releases declassified information from the Crossfire Hurricane documents proving that some of the D's and some of those in the alphabet agencies and the media are corrupt, will you accept that?
Actually, it is. His fate does not rest in the hands of the Senate this time-- the FBI/DOJ are pretty different.

And LOL at him being proven innocent. The GOP is refusing to help pay for his legal fees.

Old 08-31-2022, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
That's what I have been asking berdee but not getting an answer so far. That was my first guess based on the thinking of many hard-core Trump supporters like the ones that post here, but who knows, maybe some people aren't completely propagandized.

ABSOLUTELY I'd accept a finding of innocence, so you'd like to think that many Trump supporters would likewise accept a conviction in a court of law.
Been asking? You asked once. Obviously, you didn't read my prior response before making this whine post of yours.

I also don't sit around breathlessly waiting on you folks to post, either.

Old 08-31-2022, 12:36 PM

13,338 posts, read 4,183,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
Actually, it is. His fate does not rest in the hands of the Senate this time-- the FBI/DOJ are pretty different.

And LOL at him being proven innocent. The GOP is refusing to help his legal fees.

The DOJ/FBI is political like the Senate. Hillary Clinton wasn't indicted. Even W Bush or Dick Cheney were indicted after they left office when many lawyers said they committed war crimes. The last thing Democrats want is to indict Trump because they are next when the GOP takes power and puts their people at the DOJ. You don't throw stones when you live in a glass house.

Old 08-31-2022, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
That's encouraging, but you must understand why the question would be asked. After all, 70% of Republicans have rejected the findings of our courts that Biden's election was legitimate, findings that ultimately upheld his certification.

But 30% of Republicans DON'T accept the Big Lie and do accept the court certified results of the 2020 election - probably you are one of them. That would be consistent with your statement.

It's like crying wolf. Do it long enough and eventually people will never believe that you are reliable. Trumpists are getting a reputation for throwing our rule of law into the ditch. This is why there is a lingering suspicion that a Trump conviction won't be accepted, leading to a Constitutional crisis at some point.
So, show where I discussed that? I didn't, I had pretty much decided to sit back and let the facts come out and stayed out of those threads. Except, if I remember right, I did make a comment in one, one time, but it wasn't any type of comment that showed I believed it or not.

Meanwhile, there's plenty of those on the left who refuse to accept things about their own, don't pretend there isn't.

Btw, I'm still waiting on you to answer the questions I'd posed to you...are you ducking them?

Old 08-31-2022, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post

And LOL at him being proven innocent. The GOP is refusing to help pay for his legal fees.
Thanks for showing that you people won't believe he's innocent even IF it's proven that he is. But, we already knew it anyway.

Old 08-31-2022, 12:44 PM

7,289 posts, read 4,064,259 times
Quote:
I would? Oh man, you know me soooo well!!

Sorry but I no longer have time for your fantasies.
Yes, I can see you're very busy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies