Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2022, 07:26 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Regarding the FBI "scattering" documents around:

Take a look at the picture again. In front of the documents is an L-ruler, which is in the picture to show the physical scale/size of the documents, since what they're photographing is evidence. Also notice a placard with "2A" on it, in front of the documents. That identifies the group of stuff they found and gives it a tag for identification.

Hidden to us (whited-out) are a few opened documents that show what some of the documents are, not just classified, but what the actual content inside the document is on whatever page is opened. We'll of course never see those documents, but the picture depicts them for those who have the necessary clearance to be able to look at the evidence.

All that stuff was seized and removed.
They have already stated that they were placed in this array for an evidentiary photograph. It is a record of all the documents seized in that particular location. Trump didn't place them here and they were not "scattered around" by the FBI. It was a deliberate placement for the permanent record.

Old 08-31-2022, 07:26 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I think he is finished Trump knows how much trouble he is in because I'm betting he was showing these documents to someone or more then one person. That will prove he had intent which will be a life sentence for someone his age. We get some hint that they are going to charge him when they call the national guard up in DC before the announce.

Trump's only choice is to flee the country in his jet he will claim that he can't get a fair trial have to share that apartment with Edward Snowden maybe he goes to North Korea.
The Saudis may not take him

Old 08-31-2022, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Trump's response to the filing:

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...special-master

My first reading indicates that Trump is basically saying "Yeah, I had classified documents and presidential records in my house. So bleeping what...?"
Love how the throws in the “possibly” a candidate against the current President—trying to bluff

Makes NO DIFFERENCE to a legal decision

And an “expectation of privacy” means the DoJ didn’t have a legitimate reason to search?
I think Trump must have done this after watching The Good Wife…

Old 08-31-2022, 07:32 PM

Going to watch Serena—vastly more interesting right now

Old 08-31-2022, 07:38 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
So Trump's team says they had no documents but then Trump mad they took the documents out of the box and put them on the floor.

Somebody needs to tell him we know he didn't thrown the documents on the floor -- that they were spread out to show what they found IN the box.

Old 08-31-2022, 07:47 PM

18,088 posts, read 15,670,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
They have already stated that they were placed in this array for an evidentiary photograph. It is a record of all the documents seized in that particular location. Trump didn't place them here and they were not "scattered around" by the FBI. It was a deliberate placement for the permanent record.
Yes I'm aware. For some reason, the fabrication the FBI left a mess is being spread here. Some don't like the way the documents were displayed in the photo and presume some nefarious meaning to it, when it's merely showing evidence collection from the scene.

Old 08-31-2022, 07:57 PM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So Trump's team says they had no documents but then Trump mad they took the documents out of the box and put them on the floor.

Somebody needs to tell him we know he didn't thrown the documents on the floor -- that they were spread out to show what they found IN the box.
The argument goes that Trump had no government documents and if he did they were declassified. Lol

Old 08-31-2022, 07:58 PM

37,188 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Trump doesn’t claim that in legal filings because he can’t prove it
Worse yet - He just confessed to having them on Truth Social. It’s almost like he has a death wish, the way he keeps running his mouth. I’m glad I’m not one of his lawyers.
Attached Thumbnails
Mar a lago raided by the fbi-1f7f7180-f0a6-49b5-b625-cd8d43724566.jpeg  

Old 08-31-2022, 08:13 PM

23,575 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
When I see people say they *love* Trump, it makes me wonder what that's all about. They have so.many.feelings about and for him. It's deeply emotional and personal. I think it's very weird to fall in love with a politician...any politician. Pledging fealty to one guy, above all else, doesn't compute. I'll never understand it.
I've rarely seen or heard anyone claiming to "love" Trump or any other politician for that matter. I've seen/heard people saying they love/hate what a politician does, policies, etc., but love them as a person? Nah. Seems most of those who bring up "love" when referring to a political person are those on the left, usually to use as a weapon of sorts against the right. Though, there had been many times where those on the left were angry at Trump for not telling them what to do, like wear masks or something. Idk, maybe some on the left think political figures are their parents and because of that then they should be loved as if they were their parents?

Old 08-31-2022, 09:14 PM

23,575 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Oh, maybe people are thinking of the 11 hours for Benghazi? She still at least shows up and doesn't just plead the 5th.
https://youtu.be/d_jzykOXx9o
Because Benghazi and the classified info on her unprotected server are two completely different things.

Her having classified info on an unprotected server interview basically consisted of mostly "I don't recall" or similar responses, snark and at least one lie. She might as well had pled the 5th.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies