Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2022, 07:43 PM

13,242 posts, read 4,919,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
The same misinformation is being repeated overAndover.

It's pointless to expect a supporter of the ex-P to see an issue in any other way than they are capable or willing. They are not willing, even if they are capable. It's my belief followers do not care about laws, do not care about national security, this is a nothing burger to them. Some do understand what it means, however they are choosing to hand wave it away.

Fealty to one man and allegiance to a movement means never giving up, never giving in, never conceding anything, at any time. Whatever the ex-P does is A-OK by them. Their only concern is him, he is the center of that reality they choose to inhabit. It's not going to change.
Mr. Trump in 2016:

Quote:
”I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose voters.”
Evidently all that matters to some folks is that ‘he gets away with it’.

Apparently it does not matter what it is.

Old 09-01-2022, 07:49 PM

12,958 posts, read 9,473,611 times
Regarding the picture of the documents scattered across the floor -- surely Trump would have had sense enough to at least remove the classification cover sheets (especially if he declassified them).

Did the FBI agents add the cover sheets for the picture? I think they were just paperclipped to the document rather than being stapled.

Old 09-01-2022, 07:52 PM

57,222 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Regarding the picture of the documents scattered across the floor -- surely Trump would have had sense enough to at least remove the classification cover sheets (especially if he declassified them).

Did the FBI agents add the cover sheets for the picture? I think they were just paperclipped to the document rather than being stapled.
My experience from decades ago is that the cover is paper clipped, besides even Trump isn’t claiming that the covers are illegitimate.

Old 09-01-2022, 08:14 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,947,966 times
Quote:

Every page also has the classification stamp.

Old 09-01-2022, 08:48 PM

1,407 posts, read 747,313 times
Quote:

Admittedly, it's been several decades for me but in my experience every page under those Top Secret covers would have been similarly stamped and serialized. Every page of every copy of a document like that would be numbered and logged somewhere for accountability.

Old 09-01-2022, 09:07 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,783,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Yes I did, because they do.

The declassified 'CH' docs, yes.
Trump is lying when he states he declassified the documents

1)Trump never once in the year and a half he was dealing with NARA ,FBI and DOJ did trump assert the documents were unclassified
2)None of the 400+ White House staffers back his claim they were declassified. But 18 former top Trump administration officials tell CNN they never heard any such order issued during their time working for
Trump, and that they believe the claim to be patently false. This includes Mick Mulvaney,John Kelly and John Bolton
3) there is no paper trail indicating the documents are declassified
4)the trump administration went to court to get a ruling that trump stating something was declassified did not in factdeclassify the documents. The exact opposite of what his MAGA supporters are arguing
5) when media and watchdog groups try to FOIA and MDR the documents they can't because they are classified.
6) in the 35+ pages of court pleadings trumps lawyers have not asserted The documents are declassified but instead stated the special master would require security clearance to read the documents.

Old 09-01-2022, 09:11 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Because during the investigation phase: the prosecutor DOES NOT have to turn over it's evidence! Cheese and crackers.
Should it go to court for charges, THEN the defense can request the evidence.
That's how the court system runs.

So while the avg joe thinks the prosecution has no rights to protect it's case , some seem to think this request by trump is just being transparent . It's not. Trump is trying to recall oops! Which ones do they have so I can spin the lie!
Yes==the govt is building its case and has no responsibility in law to turn any information it has over to Trump and his attorneys
And the defense does not have to request the evidence—I think there comes a point in the legal case where the court requires the prosecution to turn over disclosure to the defense—
(Sometimes police/prosecutors get in trouble for NOT turning over all evidence to the defense—
A way to railroad a conviction is to do just that—withhold evidence that is germane and could show the person charged MIGHT NOT be guilty or the sole perpetrator)…

If fact, if Trump is not charged there is no reason for Trump to know anything about who informed about the existence of the NDI documents at MarALago…

And still no word on what the three sealed filings were that the DoJ filed earlier this week????

Old 09-01-2022, 09:19 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
I’m still reading here occasionally and am an independent who voted for Obama. Then twice for Trump. Does that make me a MAGA semi-fascist like Joey claims? Seems so. Anyone who voted for Trump is a MAGA Republican. The country doesn’t like the direction we’re going. Trump, regardless of what anyone thinks of him and regardless of the outcome of this raid, has brought some sunlight to show the extreme levels of hypocrisy and corruption throughout our government and institutions. And that’s a good thing to reveal to Americans.
You do more than “read” this thread—you are posting pretty often too—and in support of Trump just like this post—

Actually if you took offense at what Biden said and saw yourself as someone who is a danger to American democracy, you might have something to worry about…

Why would anyone think they were being called out for something they didn’t support or consider right?

I know Republicans who didn’t approve of Jan 6 and who don’t appreciate Trump’s behavior
And who don’t believe every word out of his mouth—
Some of them swore never to vote for Trump or the GOP again so I am sure they don’t see themselves in Biden’s cautionary tale…

Old 09-01-2022, 09:41 PM

13,242 posts, read 4,919,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
You do more than “read” this thread—you are posting pretty often too—and in support of Trump just like this post—

Actually if you took offense at what Biden said and saw yourself as someone who is a danger to American democracy, you might have something to worry about…

Why would anyone think they were being called out for something they didn’t support or consider right?

I know Republicans who didn’t approve of Jan 6 and who don’t appreciate Trump’s behavior
And who don’t believe every word out of his mouth—
Some of them swore never to vote for Trump or the GOP again so I am sure they don’t see themselves in Biden’s cautionary tale…
Personally, I think it is a cross between a national IQ test & a challenge to resuscitate the “better angels of our nature."

Old 09-01-2022, 09:41 PM

13,059 posts, read 7,493,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
and there’s only a few anti Trumpers here.

What’s your point?

Has Trump been arrested yet? Do you guys really have him this time?

Lmao
making an assumption???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies