Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2022, 03:01 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Hard to imaging there aren't some document control numbers or management system to pair the now empty folders with the documents that were inside them.

I would bet lunch the three letter agencies responsible for the security of the documents already know exactly what is missing and are scrambling to mitigate the security breech.
You would think there would be some type of scanner mark to provide immediate data management focus—
The file, topic, creator, agency, keywords—-
However masses of data are tracked and analyzed

Old 09-02-2022, 03:06 PM

13,059 posts, read 7,491,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Barr only spoke out now—
Not much to his credit
u r funny
but correct. Barr is trying to be a man of all seasons but coming out as being wishy washy.

Old 09-02-2022, 03:13 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
Unfortunately, rules and procedures aren’t law, and certainly aren’t the constitution.

If he’s charged, I’m sure the declassification question will be something the SC has to rule on.
If he's charged with one of the three criminal statutes that he could be charged with, it won't matter if the documents are classified or not. Just his having the documents and lying about it is a problem.

Old 09-02-2022, 03:15 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,560,635 times
Quote:
You would think there would be some type of scanner mark to provide immediate data management focus—
The file, topic, creator, agency, keywords—-
However masses of data are tracked and analyzed
With the lives of sources possibly on the line, you bet they know what's missing and are right now are busting their rear ends to try and clean up the the mess and not see anyone killed in the process.

Everything else is secondary.

Old 09-02-2022, 03:17 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,111,200 times
Quote:
It may be that Trump simply lumped them in with other info—like the docs and photos w/o classified markings
He is a sloppy person apparently and likely has ADHD—-
My son had that—people don’t like order in their surroundings—they are compulsively messy and always putting down notes and other things in no order—
It can drive you nuts when you try to clean up after them—
He was that way in the WH—always taking classified docs into the living quarters which are supposed to be off-limits for that sort of thing. But we have all seen that Trump pays no attention to rules except apparently don’t mess with Melania’s space—-
Since none of this was found in her section of the residence
Too bad she didn’t take more of an interest in keeping him honest
She is apparently the only person he is really in awe of
It's possible. I have wondered that about him as someone who has it. It's not that we necessarily don't like order, it's more that we just can't do it how its "traditionally" done. Out of sight, out of mind is a thing, so we leave stuff out so we so we dont forget, or get easily distracted, or so on. I've figured out ways to organize that work for my weird squirrel brain over time.

But I'm just a random mom, not the President of the US. We can't have that sort of chaos with documents and more this important. I do hope, considering, that it's just disorganization, but I am not convinced and worried it's something a lot worse.

Old 09-02-2022, 03:32 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,440,622 times
He doesn't get to play the: it's better to ask for forgiveness then permission'.
Good gracious, this new excuse of ...geee he often left things sitting around. Nothing to see here folks!

As was said: He acquisitioned them, stored them, and even kept some in his desk at ML. After all his presidential powers ceased. He violated the laws. It's just that simple. This is govt property . Not his. Not the butlers.

On a side note I was completely blindsided that during presidency, that chief is actually above the law. They cannot be indicted or brought before the judicial system during their term in office. So I guess it's true, he really could shoot someone and get away with it with the backing of the US presidential code .

What is it with our country that image is everything.? Well we can't have the neighboring countries see that we have a crime boss as our former leader. Let's just pretend he is a swell guy that doesn't always color in the lines.

Old 09-02-2022, 03:32 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,946,664 times
Quote:
I posted link to these photos earlier this week—several shots show aides (in suits) standing around a big stack of a mish-mash varied types of boxes, with some security guards/WH police, and maybe some GSA workers—they were taking the boxes to Marine 1–the presidential helicopter to take to FL—
I asked when posting how many boxes of family photos would get flown to MarALago in Marine One…

"In other words, it's not like this was some sinister plot," Mr Trump said. "They have pictures of guys standing outside. The boxes are literally outside. The sun is pouring down and they're waiting for a truck and then they have pictures putting them on a truck. There was nothing secret about it. It didn't have to be anything secret."

Of course there was no need to be secret—everyone who worked for him knew what he was doing or if they didn’t know, didn’t care that he was moving classified docs out of the West Wing….
No one that low on the food chain told Trump “no” during his life—
And none of the higher-ups had much luck getting him to stay in the lanes of proper behavior either

So much of Trump’s breaking down of rules of order happened in plain sight during his presidency
He and Putin talked w/o a record of the conversation being kept numerous times
He used a private phone
He tore up presidential records
He began talking national policy with foreign leaders before he was sworn in—-
There are innumerable examples of his voiding policy AND laws—with impunity
Until now apparently…
Yes. Regardless of all the crap he pulled over 4 years, staff still never expected him to take anything that didn't belong to him while moving out. In other words, they expected him to behave like a normal person.

But you are right... the staff level people had no authority to challenge him. For example, if he told a moving person to box up that stack of papers sitting in the corner, that person would just do it. It's not their job to even know what that stack of papers contains.

Old 09-02-2022, 03:38 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,560,635 times
Quote:
Barr only spoke out now—
Not much to his credit
Barr is just an old man attempting to get on the right side of history. The moment he misrepresented the findings of Mueller's investigation he was forever linked to the hip of Donald Trump. Live with it you toad, the stink will never wash off.

"Out, damned spot! Out, I say!"

Old 09-02-2022, 03:48 PM

23,454 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
The president is not some god or wizard. They don't have magic wands and they are still constrained by the law and standard practice.

Every president knows that if they are declassifying something they need to inform the relevant department so that they could process the change and notify the people involved.

In fact, declassification wouldn't ordinarily even start with the president, the departments involved would make the suggestion and begin the process. This is just one more way people are trying to make a president above the law, so he could break any law and betray any trust and get away with it.

Imagine that, a man with current information about agents in the field ... not old cold war stuff about retired and dead operatives, but recent and active material ...could just betray their lives and the sycophants proclaim "it's ok, he's the president and he can declassify anything he wants!"

At the very least, such recklessness is manslaughter.

This "I have declassified everything with a standing order" BS will not fly. Even his chiefs of staff never heard of such a thing. You would have to see the president as some sort of god-king to believe such nonsense.

He made it up as an excuse, very recently, now that he has been caught with the goods and he is flailing.
Apparently, you did not read the memo that I'd linked.

Old 09-02-2022, 04:00 PM

23,454 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Which is precisely where the process comes into play.

If the process was not demonstrably followed - i.e. no Presidential memo saying they were declassified, classification headers still intact, etc, then it's on team Trump to demonstrate they actually were declassified at some point. Trump saying it happened is not going to feed the bulldog.

Easy, peasy.
The feds are the ones making claims against Trump, the burden of proof for what the feds claim is on the feds. geez.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies