Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2022, 06:23 PM

23,563 posts, read 12,525,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Of course the burden of proof is on the prosecution. If they indict him, they'll have to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt. No one disputes that.
I guess you hadn't been reading some of the posts in here.

Old 09-02-2022, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I guess the movers put those classified documents in the desk drawer next to his passports too, lol.
Were they classified?

Old 09-02-2022, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Wrong.
lol

You think it is not up to the plaintiff to prove their claim, but rather it's up to the defendant to prove their innocence. gmab.

Old 09-02-2022, 06:29 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
There's evidence that Trump had declassified them (links were previously provided in this thread). If the feds claim or intimate that they are classified, then they must meet the burden of proof of what they claim. How do people not know this fact?
The criminal acts specified in the search warrant do not require that the documents are classified. How do YOU not know THAT fact?

No one believes his nonsense about declassifying them. It takes more then his just saying it.

Old 09-02-2022, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
The criminal acts specified in the search warrant do not require that the documents are classified. How do YOU not know THAT fact?
Obviously, you hadn't been reading the thread and you're going off of a tiny tidbit of conversation.

Classified or not, it's still up to the feds to prove their claim, which they hadn't done so far.

Quote:
No one believes his nonsense about declassifying them. It takes more then his just saying it.
I guess it would take some random leftist media 'anonymous source saying so' for you and other leftists to think it might be possible.

Old 09-02-2022, 06:53 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Classified or not, it's still up to the feds to prove their claim, which they hadn't done so far.
The legal system does not run on the 24-hour news cycle.

Quote:
I guess it would take some random leftist media 'anonymous source saying so' for you and other leftists to think it might be possible.
It would have helped Trump's credibility if Mark Meadows hadn't argued in 2020 that of course Trump merely tweeting that a document was declassified doesn't mean it's actually declassified, silly libs.

Anyway, Legal Eagle - who's a pretty smart law-talkin' guy - provides some historical background and case law, but you're not going to like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1X31K-0bYA&t=18s

Old 09-02-2022, 06:56 PM

18,082 posts, read 15,670,593 times
So let's say he declassified some or all of them, even though neither he nor his attorneys claim that, AND he's also not entitled to have them at MaL or anywhere else because they don't belong to him.

In that situation, a crime or crimes have still been committed.

Old 09-02-2022, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
The legal system does not run on the 24-hour news cycle.
^which has absolutely nothing to do with what I'd said in my comment that you'd quoted.

Quote:
It would have helped Trump's credibility if Mark Meadows hadn't argued in 2020 that of course Trump merely tweeting that a document was declassified doesn't mean it's actually declassified, silly libs.

Anyway, Legal Eagle - who's a pretty smart law-talkin' guy - provides some historical background and case law, but you're not going to like it.
"Merely tweeting"? Who is saying that's all he'd done, except you? I'd previously posted links, that are more than to just tweets, in fact, I don't think I'd posted a twitter link for that matter.

Old 09-02-2022, 07:17 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
We will have to wait to see if they can prove what they claim under those statutes, and so far they have not done that.

Since it appears that Garland is suggesting halting this until after the midterms, it might be a long wait. Other than the DOJ and FBI leaking(whatever they feel will work in their favor, truth or not or a twisted version) there probably won't be much to go on over the next couple of months.
Of course they haven't proved anything yet. They haven't indicted Trump for anything at this point. If and when they do that, they'll have the burden of proof.

And they don't have to prove anything to Trump loyalists. They only have to prove it to a jury.

Old 09-02-2022, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Of course they haven't proved anything yet. They haven't indicted Trump for anything at this point. If and when they do that, they'll have the burden of proof.

And they don't have to prove anything to Trump loyalists. They only have to prove it to a jury.
It appears that they've had all of the "evidence" for a while now and they know what they have, or don't have. And I'm sure they have more than one person working on it. Most likely they could have already indicted him if the evidence proves their point. They still have about 8 days before the cutoff to the midterms, do you think they'll indict him over the next few days?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies