Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2022, 09:02 AM

7,826 posts, read 2,724,781 times

Advertisements

Here is a just released transcript of FLA Special Master hearing

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...ringtranscript

Old 09-03-2022, 09:06 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Here is a just released transcript of FLA Special Master hearing

https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...ringtranscript
HILARIOUS that the judge had to remind Trusty that they were also claiming Executive Privilege, not just attorney/client.

Trump's legal team is the gang that couldn't shoot straight!

Old 09-03-2022, 09:10 AM

3,098 posts, read 3,783,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Entirely possible at this point. When security classifications were first instituted, I doubt anyone entertained the idea that a President would actually claim "I declassified those 2 years ago" with nothing to back it up.

Yet, here we are.
“ yeah, my cleaning service and maintenance Service have had access to tHe names of our clandestine agents in China for years. No biggie”

Actually the MAGA lack of horror and concern for the patriots in the cia who may be or have been imprisoned or killed because trumps actions is astounding.

Old 09-03-2022, 09:19 AM

18,047 posts, read 15,639,191 times
I remember the Watergate hearings, and when Nixon resigned. I remember the stories in the Washington Post during the investigation. I remember there weren't claims of #FAKENEWS or any of the other drivel spread nowadays. Contrast that time to 2022 where emerging evidence in this obstruction/illegal removal of classified materials/possible treason case is met with tantrums, meltdowns, whataboutism, #fakenews, and refusal to accept reality. And, that's not just the behavior of the ex-P, but also his base and supporters.

Old 09-03-2022, 09:21 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post

Actually the MAGA lack of horror and concern for the patriots in the cia who may be or have been imprisoned or killed because trumps actions is astounding.
Not astonishing—
We have seen their irrational behavior and ability to refuse to see any truth that Trump is a liar, a danger to America (including MAGA people), that challenges their ability to go down any rabbit hole

It is sad that people invested so much time and emotional energy and money into a grifter like Trump
There is nothing to be done for them — they are lost in some weird altered universe like living in the carnival’s “hall of mirrors” where everything is stretched out of true…

I have read some stories by friends and relatives of people who have slipped deeper and deeper into that pool of QAnon fantasies, untethered conspiracies, and manic emotions
There is no way to retrieve them once they have crossed over—

And to see Trump’s posting of QAnon lies and calling for a “do-over” of the 2020 election right now—
How could anyone think this man is sane enough to head a government???

The only good to come out of this MarALago debacle might be that Trump cannot run again…
But Garland better hurry

Old 09-03-2022, 09:28 AM

5,581 posts, read 2,304,086 times
Quote:
“ yeah, my cleaning service and maintenance Service have had access to tHe names of our clandestine agents in China for years. No biggie”

Mar-a-Lago hired 87 workers on foreign visa last season. This means the workers are based in another country and they come to the US to work for 6 months. These foreign workers could have been recruited in their home country to be spies - that is - to snoop and provide information back to clandestine sources. A worker could walk down to the storage area to get more chairs and start snooping and taking videos and photos. Someone walks up and the worker pretends like they are checking their phone or taking a selfie. Easy peasy

Old 09-03-2022, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
I remember the Watergate hearings, and when Nixon resigned. I remember the stories in the Washington Post during the investigation. I remember there weren't claims of #FAKENEWS or any of the other drivel spread nowadays. Contrast that time to 2022 where emerging evidence in this obstruction/illegal removal of classified materials/possible treason case is met with tantrums, meltdowns, whataboutism, #fakenews, and refusal to accept reality. And, that's not just the behavior of the ex-P, but also his base and supporters.
Two words
Roy Cohn

When Nixon was in office Roy Cohn had enough of a stench to his work that only someone like Trump valued him and his thinking
Roy Cohn was like the Devil to Trump’s apprentice—
Google any article about their relationship and you can see the legacy Trump still uses from his time with Cohn.

And propaganda/fake news was part and parcel of the skills Roger Stone, Paul Manafort, Lee Atwater sold when they were working for Reagan, other GOP candidates, and those in the Soviet block

Newt Gingrich was an early adoptee of fake news to spread his rancid agenda when he was in office
Now that he is out he still plays a role inside the GOP establishment

Apparently the Jan 6 committee want to talk to Newt Gingrich—another master of misinformation—about his efforts to help Trump and his gang with the “false election” lies—
His instructions on how to frame ads to make viewers believe the election was stolen showed Trump people how to gin up local forces in states they felt were good choices to establish fake electors

Old 09-03-2022, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
Mar-a-Lago hired 87 workers on foreign visa last season. This means the workers are based in another country and they come to the US to work for 6 months. These foreign workers could have been recruited in their home country to be spies - that is - to snoop and provide information back to clandestine sources. A worker could walk down to the storage area to get more chairs and start snooping and taking videos and photos. Someone walks up and the worker pretends like they are checking their phone or taking a selfie. Easy peasy
MarALago ALWAYS uses foreign workers—
The infrastructure in Palm Beach knows that club follows the law only as far as it needs to then ignores hiring local people
Foreign workers are less able to sue, offer Trump what he considers a “better class” of workers to impress the members, and lets him get away with worse treatment
He also favors women from the Baltic countries for some reason—like Melania
They don’t use South Americans or Kiwis, or UK workers

So yes, they seem ripe for planting some agents in their midst

Old 09-03-2022, 09:40 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,666 times
TFG is a traitorous narcissist who cares nothing about America, and only about himself. With horrible taste in carpets.

Old 09-03-2022, 10:11 AM

23,467 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
^And...the turning of this thread into a leftist conspiracy theory and fantasy thread continues.

I'd previously posted a link, from the NYT no less, where the fingers were pointed at the bungling by the CIA for things happening to CIA informants. But we know you folks ignore it since it doesn't fit into your Trump bad agenda. But hey, if you want to blame someone, other than the CIA themselves, who had allowed spies access to info and people, like the intelligence committees etc., then point the finger at Feinstein and her Chinese spy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies