Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2022, 05:14 PM

13,248 posts, read 7,308,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
I was speaking of the fantastical conspiracy theory that you'd dreamed up and posted, with your pretending to know what Trump thought, felt, did, will do, etc.
I'm only speculating that that if he is charged and put in front of a DC jury he has little chance of staying out of prison. What would his best 2nd option be? Fleeing to another country. This is far from a conspiracy theory.

Last edited by kell490; 09-03-2022 at 05:23 PM..

Old 09-03-2022, 05:20 PM

23,562 posts, read 12,525,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I'm only speculating that that if he is charged and put in front of a DC jury he has little chance of staying out of prison. What would his best 2nd option be fleeing to another country. This is far from a conspiracy theory.
sure.

/

Old 09-03-2022, 05:25 PM

2,136 posts, read 1,207,283 times
U-HAUL !!! Moving the finest Americans and their top secrets since 2020 !!

Old 09-03-2022, 05:33 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,477,246 times
Quote:
His reason to have the SCI Classified documents in a desk drawer with his passports was he would grab it all at a moments notice and flee the country. That is why kept these documents he wanted something to offer a host country to accept him for asylum. Likely Russia, Belarus, or Hungary Trump isn't going to die in prison look how the man lives go from buillionare to prison life he won't be arrested easily. I'm betting he was worried about Georgia, or January 6th getting him. He was trying to stonewall DOJ over these documents long enough to see how it would turn out they are moving so slowly it didn't work out for him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Wow...that's some real tin foil hat **** there.
Sadly, it isn't. There is no other explanation for his lying about possession of classified material, not to mention stealing them in the first place, not to mention hiding them for over a year and refusing to turn them over when asked.

Trump considered all govt material as "his."
Quote:
F.B.I. Interviewed Top White House Lawyers About Missing Trump Documents

At some point after National Archives officials realized they did not have Trump White House documents, which are required to be preserved under the Presidential Records Act, they contacted Mr. Philbin for help returning them.

Mr. Philbin tried to help the National Archives retrieve the material, two of the people familiar with the discussions said.

But the former president repeatedly resisted entreaties from his advisers.
“It’s not theirs, it’s mine,” several advisers say Mr. Trump told them.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/16/u...views-fbi.html
To be used in whatever fashion benefitted him.

Which is why he packed some of these boxes himself:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Trum...nt=firefox-b-1

He had PLANS for this information.

The 43 empty folders should be of HUGE CONCERN to any thinking American.

Where is the material?

Clearly removed and copied - and then what?

Where are the originals?

Still secreted away in one of his other properties - or destroyed - and only he and/or his minions (and by now foreign powers), are in possession of the USB/digitized drives containing same.

The national security ramifications of this breach cannot be overstated. Trump has done irreparable damage to the United States - both at home with his nonstop lies, inflammatory incitement, gaslighting - and internationally with what we MUST ASSUME is the worst possible breach.

It gives me no pleasure to recognize a minority of the voters, in their "wisdom," placed the keys to the greatest kingdom in the hand of a grifter, liar, man without moral compass - whose only goal in life is to benefit himself.

That he is the person he has shown himself to be is no surprise to many of us - except to those so blind as will not see.

When a person tells you who they are - believe them.

Old 09-03-2022, 07:39 PM

5,047 posts, read 6,347,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Lol. There’s plenty that have drawn conclusion that may, might, could, maybe, etc… equals proof as we’ve seen the last 6 years.

I never said the article was proof. I responded to the poster that originally posted and then you came in and responded…and perhaps you should read the title of the thread, as nobody should be arrested without proof.

Most is an exaggeration, as we’ve seen so many equate it to proof.
Poor attempt to backpedal.

I recommend you stop the unending stream of posts asking for 'proof' in a situation that may or may not go to litigation and where proof is used in a court to convict people of crimes, it reveals you likely either

a) don't actually understand the US legal system, or
b) really really really want to distract from what is shaping up to be very fraught situation for Trump.

I honestly don't know which. You also may want to get your head around the idea that the DOJ most likely has the proof you keep talking about and you don't get to see it before any indictments (and maybe not even after). It will make your cognitive dissonance if it does proceed to charges a little less painful later.

Old 09-03-2022, 07:42 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
They will wait until after the mid-terms to indict Trump
I agree with that.

Old 09-03-2022, 07:55 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTransplant View Post
Poor attempt to backpedal.

I recommend you stop the unending stream of posts asking for 'proof' in a situation that may or may not go to litigation and where proof is used in a court to convict people of crimes, it reveals you likely either

a) don't actually understand the US legal system, or
b) really really really want to distract from what is shaping up to be very fraught situation for Trump.

I honestly don't know which. You also may want to get your head around the idea that the DOJ most likely has the proof you keep talking about and you don't get to see it before any indictments (and maybe not even after). It will make your cognitive dissonance if it does proceed to charges a little less painful later.
Lol. Love the accusation but no backpedaling from me. Perhaps you still haven’t read the title of the thread I responded to in your haste to defend ‘might’ as being a reason for arrest.

I understand it perfectly, and you’re hoping and wishing it’s a very very fraught situation for because Trump.

Always love the assumptions and “most likely” doesn’t mean anything either. You just want it to. And you should really take your own advice when because Trump doesn’t sniff prison and continues to galavant freely it could be less painful for you.

Old 09-03-2022, 08:12 PM

2,002 posts, read 761,141 times
Quote:
I'm only speculating that that if he is charged and put in front of a DC jury he has little chance of staying out of prison. What would his best 2nd option be? Fleeing to another country. This is far from a conspiracy theory.
DC? I would assume this would be through the Southern District of Florida and tried in FL.

Old 09-03-2022, 08:15 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Posts seem to rarely change minds.

This thread would be very much shorter if people would have simply stuck to the actual known facts.
Bingo…And don’t forget about the thread that was locked with 878 pages and huge amounts of allegations, assumptions, speculation, etc…

Old 09-03-2022, 08:20 PM

18,014 posts, read 27,460,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Bingo…And don’t forget about the thread that was locked with 878 pages and huge amounts of allegations, assumptions, speculation, etc…
Oh come on. If if weren't for democrats allegating, assumpting, and speculating against us free Americans, the whole Politics and Others Controversaries subforum would be a boring echo-chamber, sort of like the View of forums.

What would democrats do if they couldn't hate on Trump?

Good God. They'd be forced to think about their president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There are over 10,000 government documents that belong to the federal government, not an assumption.

Trump is the Federal Government, whether you like it or not.

You may call him (former) Mr. President.

Oh, and about the 10,000 documents. About 8000 of them belonged to Barron and Melania.

Last edited by McGowdog; 09-03-2022 at 09:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies