Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2022, 05:25 PM

23,563 posts, read 12,535,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderling View Post
Sorry, there's no comparison between the current situation and what HRC continues to be inaccurately accused of having done. No desire to go over that again.
You're right, there is no comparison...she had done far worse.

"Inaccurately accused"? You're simply proving that you didn't pay attention to Comey when he'd listed out all of her many wrong doings.

I wonder how many other countries accessed the highly classified docs that were on her unprotected server, or maybe our enemies got them from the other people that she'd given the docs to or had allowed to have, or maybe she'd just sold them to our enemies.

The feds had treated her with kid gloves, which had set a precedent of looking the other way when crimes are committed by the political elite. I'm not saying Trump did or didn't commit crimes, since there's no proof that he'd actually had at this time. Just like there was no true proof in the left's failed attempts at unseating him as the duly elected president with their Russia nonsense. If he's actually proven to be guilty of crimes, then go after him...you have my blessings. But don't lie and say she hadn't committed crimes and don't whine when this door opening by the left leads to arrests of your own leaders, including your messiah...because it probably will. and I will definitely be looking forward to it. Buh bye Obama, and Biden* too, maybe your followers will visit you in the prison that the Crossfire Hurricane documents, released to the public will probably put you in.

Old 09-05-2022, 05:28 PM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
So, the disappearance of TSCI and higher material - MISSING FOR EIGHTEEN MONTHS - and retrieval of same - is SILLY???

You are aware the 43 classified folders were found EMPTY.

Does this concern you AT ALL????

You are aware that by now all that missing material has been copied and passed on to people who have no right to have it.

Or, did Trump just tear it all up and flush it down the commode - ??? - the contents of ALL 43 EMPTY FOLDERS???

The DNI is VERY CONCERNED - as should any right-thinking American patriot be.

Cover has been blown significantly for our intelligence gathering apparatus since Trump left office.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/05/u...-captured.html

I wonder why?

Could it possibly be that one or another of the people handling the docs was a spy?

Could it be that Trump disclosed the contents of the classified material which was FOUND IN HIS DESK???

Could both have happened???

The conclusion isn't a giant leap.

43 classified folders remain empty. It would appear NOT ALL the documents have been recovered. DOJ will need to continue to execute search warrants until this material is found.
No, removing TS/SCI information no longer concerns me. Hillary was allowed to get away with transmitting such information from an unsecured server in her basement for years. And got away with it. So no, it does not concern me and it certainly shouldn’t concern the DOJ/FBI.

Old 09-05-2022, 05:32 PM

57,281 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
There's no precedent here because the target of this silly investigation is a former President of the U.S.

Unless you're concerned that a Democrat President might be the subject of a 6 year witch hunt by the feds? Good point, you should be.
So the ex-president in this case get's preferential treatment over ordinary citizens, I thought The Federalist Society only appointed great textualists who followed the law perfectly. But now they are allowing an ex-president to invoke executive privilege even though he is no longer president, what a bunch of phonys. Textualist on demand when you want, progressive when it suits their needs.

Trump is now a citizen by the way.

Old 09-05-2022, 05:38 PM

57,281 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio60 View Post
Yes, I agree 100% that this entire thing is all politics, just like the Russian Collusion, the 2 impeachments, Jan. 6, etc. Trump is a threat to the democrats and they will stoop at any level to try to damage him.

Trump knows this and he is prepared for anything that the dems throw at him. He's always at least 2 steps ahead of them.

But sadly there are those who are still suffering from TDS and just want to hate him. I guess they also hated the low gas prices, low food prices, heating prices, the closed border, and the list goes on.

They must love the drugs and sex trafficking from migrants who are not vaccinated, love the high food prices, the division, etc. How very sad. I truly feel sorry for those suffering from TDS.
TDS, Trump is a threat, it's the dems, quite the convincing argument.

How about making a case on why Trump had the documents, why he removed them and why he didn't turn them over after multiple requests, let's start with that and convince us.

Old 09-05-2022, 05:38 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Proof he’s not going to jail? All we have heard is your opinion that Trump is innocent and pure as the driven snow. Are you really trying to convince everyone you’re able to predict the future…?
Who is claiming Trump is innocent?

From what I can tell, he had Classified documents in his possession, refused to give them back, and when the FBI came to get them, they found more than three dozen empty Top Secret folders.

Yikes!

There is all documented.

The current nonsense is how he stole them to use in his Presidential Library. Even if there ever is such a thing, there wouldn't be Classified documents on display.

Good grief, folks.

No one is claiming he is innocent, only that he shouldn't be prosecuted.

Odd.

Old 09-05-2022, 05:46 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Maybe. Maybe not.
Nah, you’re just hoping and wishing he does.

Old 09-05-2022, 05:49 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Proof he’s not going to jail? All we have heard is your opinion that Trump is innocent and pure as the driven snow. Are you really trying to convince everyone you’re able to predict the future…?
Where’s the proof that he will, as you’ve predicted you years?

Lol. I’ve simply asked for proof to get him that will hold up in a court of law, but have yet to see any…but please provide proof to because Trump is innocent and pure as the driven snow?

Nah, but you’ve been trying to do that for the last 6 years with predictions and continue to be proven wrong.

Old 09-05-2022, 06:14 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I heard many legal experts claim this motion was above and beyond and should not have been granted. The major flaw in the reasoning is that the documents don't belong to Trump, they belong in the national archives. So he is claiming privilege over documents that don't even belong to him in the first place. Anyway one last step in the process and Trump and his team will look vey foolish when all is said and done.

Hope the judge doesn't appoint Giuliani or Eastman as the Special Master.
Exactly.

Old 09-05-2022, 06:18 PM

19,758 posts, read 22,666,896 times
I’m looking forward to how this plays out in the courts- where it should be done. No opinion on my part. Let the DOJ, Trump and the courts figure this out.

I do have an opinion on classified material and access even to the President, and how it should be handled and determined, but that’s another ball of wax.

Old 09-05-2022, 06:37 PM

13,452 posts, read 4,292,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight
I heard many legal experts claim this motion was above and beyond and should not have been granted. The major flaw in the reasoning is that the documents don't belong to Trump, they belong in the national archives. So he is claiming privilege over documents that don't even belong to him in the first place. Anyway one last step in the process and Trump and his team will look vey foolish when all is said and done.

Hope the judge doesn't appoint Giuliani or Eastman as the Special Master.
I'm sure from the same legal "experts" that questioned the S.C. on Dobbs. Keep getting your legal information from the

"experts" on t.v. you will be trying cases in court soon.

Jonathan Turley legal scholar and Law Professor disagrees with your "experts" and he called it before the Judge's decision. Close your mouth, watch and learn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZnWYoBnEXc

Last edited by SanJuanStar; 09-05-2022 at 06:48 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies