Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2022, 06:09 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,002,120 times

Advertisements

The Washington Post broke a story last night that the FBI found 'highly classified' documents regarding the defensive and nuclear capacity of an allied country. If you haven't read the story, here from the Daily Mail:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-secrets.html

Now, I take this with a grain of salt, since the story is only supported by anonymous sources. Plus, the information is supposed to be so secret, that only the President and a few dozen others may have access to it.

Hence, if Mr. Trump, upon leaving office, was able to take such documents with him, it would suggest that several other people were involved, including, I would assume, the custodian of the documents (I do not know how or where such information would be kept, or whom the gatekeeper would be). It seems that somebody would have noticed that they were missing; I doubt that there were multiple copies just laying about.

The story does not identify which nuclear-capable allied power is involved, or if the papers ever left Mar-a-Lago.

However, I will say this: if it is Israel, and they determine that Mr. Trump did sell the information to the Saudi's or some other Middle East power that desires to harm Israel, then Mr. Trump would be wise to triple his security, for Mossad does not play around.

Of course, if true, it could concern another country, ranging from UK to India.

Why, if true, was this story leaked? It is possible that forces within the DOJ are upset at the slow pace of Mr. Garland's in holding Mr. Trump accountable, and it is one way to light a fire under his feet.

I will also note that I read yesterday, before the story broke, that top Republicans have been privately warning members that it would be best to not defend Mr. Trump regarding these documents recovered from the country club; that it will get so bad that they will be put into a difficult position. If all is true, they were correct in their warning.

Old 09-07-2022, 06:32 AM
exm

3,720 posts, read 1,777,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Herein lies the flaw:
I consider WAPO to be credible and to have impeccable sources

I remember when they claimed Russia hacked the power grid in Vermont and sent everyone into a frenzy. It was false. They retracted the story.
They're a mouthpiece, that's all.

WaPo and most other liberal newspapers/magazines absolutely lost all credibility during the Trump Presidency with all their anonymous sources claiming Trump did this, did that, Kavanaugh did this, did that.

Old 09-07-2022, 06:32 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,785,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
The Washington Post broke a story last night that the FBI found 'highly classified' documents regarding the defensive and nuclear capacity of an allied country. If you haven't read the story, here from the Daily Mail:

Now, I take this with a grain of salt, since the story is only supported by anonymous sources. Plus, the information is supposed to be so secret, that only the President and a few dozen others may have access to it.

Hence, if Mr. Trump, upon leaving office, was able to take such documents with him, it would suggest that several other people were involved, including, I would assume, the custodian of the documents (I do not know how or where such information would be kept, or whom the gatekeeper would be). It seems that somebody would have noticed that they were missing; I doubt that there were multiple copies just laying about.

The story does not identify which nuclear-capable allied power is involved, or if the papers ever left Mar-a-Lago.

However, I will say this: if it is Israel, and they determine that Mr. Trump did sell the information to the Saudi's or some other Middle East power that desires to harm Israel, then Mr. Trump would be wise to triple his security, for Mossad does not play around.

Of course, if true, it could concern another country, ranging from UK to India.

Why, if true, was this story leaked? It is possible that forces within the DOJ are upset at the slow pace of Mr. Garland's in holding Mr. Trump accountable, and it is one way to light a fire under his feet.

I will also note that I read yesterday, before the story broke, that top Republicans have been privately warning members that it would be best to not defend Mr. Trump regarding these documents recovered from the country club; that it will get so bad that they will be put into a difficult position. If all is true, they were correct in their warning.
Yes, indeed.

Early in his administration, TFG handed over Israeli intel to Lavrov and Kislyak in the Oval Office. Did it openly. I thought then that was a risky move.

However, if he funneled classified intel on Israeli nuclear arsenal to Israel's enemies, it's likely he's a dead man walking.

Republicans do appear to be backing away from Trump. Scrubbing his name from their websites, etc. Read that the RNC has declined to pay his legal bills related to the stolen documents.

Old 09-07-2022, 06:35 AM
exm

3,720 posts, read 1,777,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
The fact Trump isn't in the slammer for having nuke secrets at mar a lago shows how restrained the feds are and want to get it right before they nail him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I think it's fairly obvious we're on Indictment Watch right now. Whether it happens before or after the Midterms is the only question.

Pumpkin Spies Season is open at Mar-a-Lago.

You guys really need to step out of your progressive bubble.

Old 09-07-2022, 06:38 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,946,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Here are the Li is to the cases . I’m not saying whether Former President Trump can/can not keep papers from his term and neither has any Judge. I’m saying there is a lot more going on that what is reported. As to the timing — I’m guessing it has a lot to do with the Durham Federal cases.

This was the original case file on March 24, 2022 - it’s 106 pages long.

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF FLORIDA

The second filing was June 21, 2022 and it’s now 193 pages -

AMENDED COMPLAINT FOR DAMAGES AND DEMAND FOR TRIAL BY JURY

Latest news appears to be July 2022 I don’t have a Link to the Filing. The DOJ has joined the case.

udge Takes James Comey, Andrew McCabe, Peter Strzok, Lisa Page, and Kevin Clinesmith Personally Off the Hook in Trump’s RICO Lawsuit Against Hillary Clinton

A federal judge has removed fired FBI director James Comey, fired FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe, fired FBI agent Peter Strzok, resigned FBI lawyer Lisa Page, and former FBI lawyer Kevin Clinesmith as personal defendants in Donald Trump’s RICO lawsuit against Hillary Clinton and other individuals and institutions.

Trump is arguing that the defendants “maliciously conspired to weave a false narrative that their Republican opponent, Donald J. Trump, was colluding with a hostile foreign sovereignty.” He has alleged violations of the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act, conspiracy, injurious falsehood, malicious prosecution, computer fraud, theft of trade secrets, violations of the Stored Communications Act, and several other causes of action.

The federal government was not a defendant to the lawsuit. However, it moved U.S. District Judge Donald M. Middlebrooks on July 14 to “substitute itself as a defendant” instead of Comey, McCabe, Strzok, Page, and Clinesmith. The cited authority for the move was 28 U.S.C. § 2679(d)(1), a federal statute which reads accordingly:

A trial is currently scheduled for May 8, 2023 - Trump has asked that the date be moved to November 2023 - stating problems with evidence delays. The dollar amount in this Huge Civil case is only 24 Million, which is Chicken feed to a man like Trump. There have been 6 Judges who recused in the case - they are now on Judge #7. The Judge who signed the DOJ Warrant was on this case short time before he signed the Warrant to search Mar-A-Lago. The DOJ had already joined the case and moved for Dismissal right before they Raided the Trump home. According to the Cannon ruling, the DOJ has over 500 pages of Attorney-Client papers - this is the major reason (her 24 page ruling) for the Special Master.
Judge said no.
Thanks for the info.

I would imagine Trump would have to file a FOIA request to try to get any DOJ materials related to this issue. Will be interesting.

Old 09-07-2022, 06:43 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,946,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
We will see what the SM says, I don't trust our "intelligence experts". Most of them are paid liars, really. That's a point of recruitment by the CIA - how well you lie.
Were you a paid liar at every job you ever held? Is the whole world made up of paid liars except for you? What an attitude!

BTW, the CIA is not the same as the FBI or DOJ.

Old 09-07-2022, 06:44 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,002,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Yes, indeed.

Early in his administration, TFG handed over Israeli intel to Lavrov and Kislyak in the Oval Office. Did it openly. I thought then that was a risky move.

However, if he funneled classified intel on Israeli nuclear arsenal to Israel's enemies, it's likely he's a dead man walking.

Republicans do appear to be backing away from Trump. Scrubbing his name from their websites, etc. Read that the RNC has declined to pay his legal bills related to the stolen documents.

I read that too about the RNC not paying Mr. Trump's legal bills connected to the FBI search:

https://www.businessinsider.com/rnc-...-report-2022-8

Plus, in another thread, we talked about Republicans running for office, like Dr. Oz, trying to carefully distance themselves from Mr. Trump.

It may become a stampede, if these new allegations are shown to be correct.

Old 09-07-2022, 06:54 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,366,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Pictures were a political leak of folders on a set up pic to slant opinion.
No, they weren't. An unsealed official court filing is not a "leak".

Old 09-07-2022, 07:08 AM

3,113 posts, read 937,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post

Now, I take this with a grain of salt, since the story is only supported by anonymous sources.
Cuebald, these are the leaks I'm talking about - aka anonymous sources from the DOJ to their favorite rag -WaPo.

Last edited by AfricanSunset; 09-07-2022 at 07:27 AM..

Old 09-07-2022, 07:23 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,366,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
We will see what the SM says, I don't trust our "intelligence experts". Most of them are paid liars, really. That's a point of recruitment by the CIA - how well you lie.
Yeah, that's not what this Special Master is there for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.