Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2022, 07:41 AM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times

Advertisements

Politicians can get all righteous until they need the fed to help their states. Amazing how that works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2022, 08:04 AM

23,559 posts, read 17,227,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
It’s hypocritical because there is this thing called a voting record and on his record he has voted against relief when disasters strike other states.

https://www.newsweek.com/rand-paul-o...-1658537?amp=1
post above is the result of living life, one bumper sticker at a time

Old 08-10-2022, 08:15 AM

1,691 posts, read 612,499 times
Quote:
It’s hypocritical because there is this thing called a voting record and on his record he has voted against relief when disasters strike other states.

https://www.newsweek.com/rand-paul-o...-1658537?amp=1
Did you read beyond the headline of your article? He wasn’t against the relief money to NY like you are misrepresenting. Typical of the left to misrepresent EVERYTHING. He was saying to give NY relief money but take it out of somewhere else, as in don’t give as much money to some other country. That makes total sense. That is how you have a balanced budget.

I guess everything is okay, because in democrat fairy land we can keep printing as much money as we want! Yay!

Last edited by Livinginwaterland; 08-10-2022 at 08:38 AM..

Old 08-10-2022, 08:21 AM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginwaterland View Post
Did you read beyond the headline of your article? He wasn’t against the relief money to NY like you are misrepresenting. Typical of the left to misrepresent EVERYTHING. He was saying to give NY relief money but take it out of somewhere else, as in don’t give as much money to some other country. That makes total sense. That is how you have a balanced budget.

I guess everything is okay, because in democrat fairy land we can keep printing gas much money as we want! Yay!
Yep. Still baffling (but not surprising) that people continue to distort on this issue.

Old 08-10-2022, 08:24 AM

6,993 posts, read 2,705,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Because he is typically one to vote down these measures like these when it isn't his state. He complained up and down about FEMA funds for SuperStorm Sandy, the continuation of the 9/11 heroes fund and the recent burnpit ban. He was against COVID funding before he was for it. THAT'S why. He is showing he only care about disaster relief when his people are directly involved and only when they are. I would say he is a tool but unlike him, tools have a use.
His job is to look out for Kentucky and its interests.

Old 08-10-2022, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Politicians can get all righteous until they need the fed to help their states. Amazing how that works.
I agree that happens but that is NOT the case with Paul. He is just saying the budget needs to remain balanced and so something else should not receive as much. He pointed to money we give to foreign countries. He is the only sane head of the bunch!

Old 08-10-2022, 11:08 AM

8,234 posts, read 3,492,716 times
Quote:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/sen-rand-...175015196.html

Funny that he doesn’t want them to just not spend the money to reduce the deficit.

Shouldn’t he be telling his constituents to pull themselves up by their bootstraps?

Maybe he is worried about getting re-elected and needs to get more money for another surgery in Canada…
There are dozens of people dead from these floods. There are people who are still missing couple of weeks later. He is trying to get help to Appalachian Kentucky, possibly the poorest area in the country.

Old 08-10-2022, 11:26 AM

4,563 posts, read 4,101,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginwaterland View Post
I agree that happens but that is NOT the case with Paul. He is just saying the budget needs to remain balanced and so something else should not receive as much. He pointed to money we give to foreign countries. He is the only sane head of the bunch!
Here is a novel idea. Instead of taking it from somewhere else that likely will result in someone losing a job (news flash lots of government spending results in domestic jobs) let’s raise taxes on the wealthy. All those Bush, Trump and Reagan tax cuts raise the debt by trillions.

The more I hear him talk, the more I think Rand Paul is the kind of doctor who would tell an obese people person not to burn off fat through exercise but let’s just cut off your leg and that will lose enough weight.

Old 08-10-2022, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Here is a novel idea. Instead of taking it from somewhere else that likely will result in someone losing a job (news flash lots of government spending results in domestic jobs) let’s raise taxes on the wealthy. All those Bush, Trump and Reagan tax cuts raise the debt by trillions.

The more I hear him talk, the more I think Rand Paul is the kind of doctor who would tell an obese people person not to burn off fat through exercise but let’s just cut off your leg and that will lose enough weight.
The wealthy already pay far and away the most taxes. America has one of the most progressive tax systems in the world. You have been brainwashed by the left to have this us vs them mentality.

Every president has raised the debt by far too much. You won’t get an argument from me there,BUT you must acknowledge the democrats are just as guilty as anyone. Somehow I think you will struggle with facing that reality.

Your analogy sucks, nothing personal. Paul was saying stop giving money to other countries and spend it here. That was the crux of his message. I would have thought that is something the left would be onboard with. But no, if it doesn’t come out of the mouth of a leftists, it has to be wrong. That is the state of your party today. Conservatives are much quicker to be critical of their own. As for the left, they fall in line like sheep.

Old 08-10-2022, 01:22 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
His job is to look out for Kentucky and its interests.
The problem is he says we should cut some spending (typically foreign aide monies) to allow for FEMA funds related to disaster relief but votes no on the bill. That isn't the time to fight foreign aide spending, do it with the bill that directly has foreign aide in it. He has also complained that spending should be done in omnibus spending bills, sorry disasters can happen whenever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies