Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2022, 11:22 AM

14,483 posts, read 12,107,650 times

Advertisements

We ALL have to make choices in life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2022, 11:27 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Different states have different laws on surrogacy. California is one of the most lenient states in the county, and there are agencies where people from all over the world find surrogates, for no other reason than pregnancy does not fit their lifestyle. All you need is money.

So, if she wants a more "hands on" pregnancy, then that is a choice she is making, not something forced on her by her gender.
Right. And she said as much. She said she made that choice. That she would choose family over career. She never stated anything was forced on her. It's an unfair biological reality of the female gender, like menstruation, like menopause. To say such is stating a fact, not saying one is forced to do anything or claiming victimhood.

I have no idea law surrounding surrogacy. I was not aware there were any. Just saying it is not common practice to use a surrogate just for convenience of not carrying a pregnancy, its normally because one cant.

Old 08-11-2022, 12:21 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,328,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Right. And she said as much. She said she made that choice. That she would choose family over career. She never stated anything was forced on her. It's an unfair biological reality of the female gender, like menstruation, like menopause. To say such is stating a fact, not saying one is forced to do anything or claiming victimhood.

I have no idea law surrounding surrogacy. I was not aware there were any. Just saying it is not common practice to use a surrogate just for convenience of not carrying a pregnancy, its normally because one cant.
This way of viewing being female is part of the problem. Another way to look at it is to say "it's an amazing gift of the female gender to be able to create life."

Old 08-11-2022, 01:52 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
This way of viewing being female is part of the problem. Another way to look at it is to say "it's an amazing gift of the female gender to be able to create life."
Not everyone thinks pregnancy and birth or parenting for that matter is an amazing gift. Its great if you do, but not every woman feels that way.

Some women, most I'd say, dont care for the monthlies. Many women have horrible menses, debilitating even. I dont know of one who calls it a blessing (unless they thought they were pregnant). Menopause was a blessing to me, no more surprises from Aunt Flow, cramping, mood swings, but some women would like to be as men and be able to create life into their 50's and 60's naturally but menopause says otherwise.

And BTW viewing being female (menses, pregnancy, childbirth, menopause) as being a hindrance or unfair or anything other than amazing is not a problem. How do you figure its a problem. Seems to me with the ever increasing trans movement and men identifying as women, the way men view being male is a problem.

Old 08-11-2022, 05:37 PM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Top 0.00001% lifestyle on the planet and still whining about *life*.

What a whiner.

Waaaah, what happened, did her nanny, assistant, cook, chauffer, gardener, massuse all quit this week and she's feeling overwhelmed?

Old 08-11-2022, 09:32 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odjebi View Post
first time ever in tennis is line judge treated by a tennis player ever. who threatened serena.
Bingo. She’s an entitled clown. Good riddance

Old 08-12-2022, 12:21 AM

11,019 posts, read 5,984,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Top 0.00001% lifestyle on the planet and still whining about *life*.

What a whiner.

Waaaah, what happened, did her nanny, assistant, cook, chauffer, gardener, massuse all quit this week and she's feeling overwhelmed?
Nah! She's just having an interview, stating the realities of being a woman athlete. It's just the facts of life. Of course, now days the facts of life have changed slightly - now that men can also get pregnant .....

Old 08-12-2022, 01:36 AM

24,623 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
My niece is a nurse. She LOVES her work, its her passion. So nursing is a hobby, not a job?
Is your niece 40 years old and worth $250 million?

Old 08-12-2022, 03:35 AM

10,456 posts, read 4,038,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
Well, that is biological reality. She's not talking about juggling responsibilities. Men are able to father children without getting pregnant. Pregnancy does get in the way of playing professional sports. I agree I don't feel bad for her, but it's hard to argue against the biological reality.
Not just pregnancy. Women developing their breasts and wider hips will also slow them down. It's why in elite gymnastics and figure skating, it's a race against time for so many of these girls.

Old 08-12-2022, 03:37 AM

10,456 posts, read 4,038,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Women who are at the top of their field at 40. Who?
Isabelle Werth, and she's in a sport competing against men! And she's actually in her 50's!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies