Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2022, 07:19 AM

45,359 posts, read 60,546,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
He`s the only president in my lifetime who tried to overthrow our govt. Does that embarrass you?
Probably no more than this does you. Note the date.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9iFun1_4oo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2022, 07:20 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 17 hours ago)

27,163 posts, read 13,449,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Its 2022, she can be a guy anytime she wants.
In the US she can, however I don't think Wimbledon, Roland-Garros or Melbourne will see it that way.

Old 08-10-2022, 07:29 AM

1,687 posts, read 611,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Feminism has degraded, insulted and belittled what women offer for society.

And many, many women have fallen for it, and hate themselves for it. Serena is a good example. Bemoaning the fact that she is a healthy woman able to have children. What a HORROR!!!!!!

Sad, but true.

Imagine if she said how LUCKY she was to have children and then still be eligible to compete at age 40, and what a wonderful opportunity for her, and how healthy she has been to do so.

What a different perspective.
Exactly! Excellent post! The left has and is actively attacking the traditional mother and father roles. We see what is happening to society as a result. As far as Serena, she is incredibly blessed and fortunate to have the life she has. There are so few women who can play sports the way she does and have a child while doing it. Lady, you need to appreciate how darn good you have it!

Old 08-10-2022, 07:29 AM

10,029 posts, read 9,504,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
As a woman I understand the statement. As a working mom- gave up many things on the past as had to choose family or work. It’s gotten better to be off just for your kids activities, but the sacrifices are different. I don’t see it as bellyaching - but stating a fact. Don’t understand the bashers.
She’s really going to pis* off all those delusional idiots who think men can get pregnant. At least she understands what a woman is.

Old 08-10-2022, 07:42 AM

9,372 posts, read 6,973,951 times
She didn’t have to choose and has all the money in the world

Old 08-10-2022, 07:45 AM

36,515 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I don't think she wants you to feel bad for her.

She's stating a reality. We are so impressed with a Tom Brady who has been able to stay in the game for so long. And all along he has been able to father how many kids?

It is a biological thing and seemingly unfair to women who have the same desire to keep striving for number one in her sport.

She talked about how hard it was after her first child to get back into top form. She's older now and another pregnancy will set her back.

Don't see it as some kind of woe is me I'm a woman. See it as more of a I am a competitive athlete that has sto make sacrifices for my family.
Exactly.
She is putting her family and having another child first before her career as most women do. Another pregnancy, in itself, at her age would put her out of commission for some time anyway. Something that does not interrupt a mans life.
I dont think she is complaining but just stating it is what it is. She can afford a string of nannies and she has it way easier than the majority of women and she has accomplished more than the majority of women but maybe she just wants to actually be present for her kids now. It does not appear that her husband is ready to be a SAHdad.
I'm not sure why stating those facts makes some people so defensive. I guess it makes it harder to always make women out as the bad guys. But merely stating the obvious seems to be all it takes. I'm sure if she got pregnant and continued working many would call her a bad mom for working while she was pregnant and for being selfish for leaving her kids "for someone else to raise".

Old 08-10-2022, 07:59 AM

1,687 posts, read 611,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Exactly.
She is putting her family and having another child first before her career as most women do. Another pregnancy, in itself, at her age would put her out of commission for some time anyway. Something that does not interrupt a mans life.
I dont think she is complaining but just stating it is what it is. She can afford a string of nannies and she has it way easier than the majority of women and she has accomplished more than the majority of women but maybe she just wants to actually be present for her kids now. It does not appear that her husband is ready to be a SAHdad.
I'm not sure why stating those facts makes some people so defensive. I guess it makes it harder to always make women out as the bad guys. But merely stating the obvious seems to be all it takes. I'm sure if she got pregnant and continued working many would call her a bad mom for working while she was pregnant and for being selfish for leaving her kids "for someone else to raise".
She is absolutely moaning and groaning about being a woman and what that means. Men could do the same thing about sacrifices they make.

The liberals on this board responding that Serena is not complaining, typify what is wrong with the left. You all see the glass half full for everything related to the genders (mostly females) instead of admiring and appreciating what both men and women bring to the table.

Women are not victims of their biology! They are gifted with the most amazing capacity in the world. Full stop.

Old 08-10-2022, 08:06 AM

13,442 posts, read 4,287,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
He`s the only president in my lifetime who tried to overthrow our govt. Does that embarrass you?

is that how you overthrow a nuclear super power? more embarrassing is the Democrat I.Q. in how to overthrow governments. It sure didn't work for Cuba.

We invaded Cuba, blockade, embargo, tried to kill Castro many times and couldn't overthrow a tiny little 3rd world country island 90 miles away but the 1/6 protesters with NO guns were overthrowing the super nuclear power in 4 hours. Amazing the I.Q. of Democrats.

Old 08-10-2022, 08:07 AM

6,017 posts, read 2,840,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Exactly.
I would normally share your sentiment, but that went out the window when she said, "It's not fair."... This one sentence changed her statement from passively commenting on something to whining/complaining.

Old 08-10-2022, 08:16 AM

1,866 posts, read 933,645 times
Quote:
Serena Williams: 'If I Were A Guy...'

She certainly looks like a guy, literally looks like Mike Tyson in drag, hahaha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies