Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2022, 10:20 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
The government owes NOTHING to people with children.

Can’t afford kids?? DONT HAVE THEM!!
So, where are Republican candidates running on banning welfare handouts for children and requiring low or no-income mothers to give up their babies to adoption?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2022, 10:22 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So, where are Republican candidates running on banning welfare handouts for children and requiring low or no-income mothers to give up their babies to adoption?
So what does your comment have to do with what the poster said?

Old 08-10-2022, 07:03 AM

4,629 posts, read 4,896,472 times
Paid family leave
affordable healthcare
affordable daycare
increase education funding
gun control

Old 08-10-2022, 07:07 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
“we”? Group sex is dangerous, you could catch a case of the monkeypox
I look forward to the backlash, when women simply start refusing men sex because they don't want to have kids and the conservatives have denied them contraceptives. Get your socks ready, guys, they are going to see a lot of action in the coming times should conservatives get their way.

Old 08-10-2022, 07:14 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
That's where pro-abortion rights come into being pro-family and keeping abortion legal. If you have got 6 kids and can't afford to take care of another one, then take care of what you have by getting an abortion. Besides, a lot of women with children don't want to give up their own flesh and blood to adoption.
Exactly.

I know when I think of families the first thing I think of is how people are killing babies and how many babies they get to kill. Is there a quota? Very family oriented.

Wholesome. truly.

I wonder sometimes if people understand what they post.

Old 08-10-2022, 07:16 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
I don't know. Are you suggesting these as points for a political platform?

You are for both of these ideas I take it?

YOU want to ban welfare and force women to give children up for adoption? Why?

Old 08-10-2022, 07:17 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio516 View Post
Paid family leave
affordable healthcare
affordable daycare
increase education funding
gun control
making other families pay for your family…I like the way you think.

Old 08-10-2022, 12:40 PM

6,385 posts, read 2,710,079 times
Quote:
That's where pro-abortion rights come into being pro-family and keeping abortion legal. If you have got 6 kids and can't afford to take care of another one, then take care of what you have by getting an abortion. Besides, a lot of women with children don't want to give up their own flesh and blood to adoption.
In other words...it's easier to abort a baby than to raise them for the next couple of decades. Here is something to ponder, there are MANY people who are never totally ready financially to raise a child or children...yet they are very successful in raising them.

But what sort of mental gymnastics must someone have to go through in their mind if they think it is better to abort a baby rather than have it raised by someone else?

Old 08-10-2022, 02:49 PM

6,109 posts, read 3,344,280 times
Neither side wins this argument. The left looks diabolical with their pro abortion stance on killing future humans, and the right looks stupid for causing unwanted kids to be born.

The truth is that our society is rotten to the core and nothing can save us at this point. We are in a downward spiral.

Old 08-10-2022, 04:19 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,234,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Both parties plan to be pro family, but neither really live up to it. The Democrats are pro family if it’s a same-sex couple or illegal immigrant. Republicans are pro family but don’t want to support any programs that “pay for other peoples’ kids.” In Hungary, the truly pro family government is incentivizing families with cars and tax breaks. I think this would be a great program for American families. Also, either free daycare or paid maternity leave would be great. What pro family policies would you like to see?
What makes you think Democrats aren’t pro traditional family? I’m middle class, married 47 years to same guy. Two married adult children, four grandchildren. All white and well educated.
Families in Georgia, Michigan and Massachusetts. All proud democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies