Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2022, 10:28 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,857,077 times

Advertisements

I guess they can just print more money to make up for the plummeting labor productivity.

Small businesses can take out low-interest rate loans to cover the massive increase in unit labor costs.

I guess when according to rents increase 25% for a 1 bedroom and 26% for a 2 bedroom that wages increase so employees can pay the rent.

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/prod2.nr0.htm

https://www.rent.com/research/averag...-price-report/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2022, 10:35 PM

29,769 posts, read 24,857,407 times
Running a business in the Biden economy... It's like trying to run a marathon wearing wooden clogs

Old 08-10-2022, 11:51 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,504 posts, read 80,987,594 times
Not a fan of Biden nor his economy by any means, but I think "plummeting" is being over dramatic for 4.6%.

Old 08-10-2022, 12:08 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,978,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
I guess they can just print more money to make up for the plummeting labor productivity.

Small businesses can take out low-interest rate loans to cover the massive increase in unit labor costs.

I guess when according to rents increase 25% for a 1 bedroom and 26% for a 2 bedroom that wages increase so employees can pay the rent.

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/prod2.nr0.htm

https://www.rent.com/research/averag...-price-report/
Yup that second quarter (period ending June 2022) was bad.

Wonder what might happen in the third quarter.

July seems to be not as bad as everyone thought it would be.

It's bad -- but not as bad.

Old 08-10-2022, 12:25 PM

4,650 posts, read 1,944,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Yup that second quarter (period ending June 2022) was bad.

Wonder what might happen in the third quarter.

July seems to be not as bad as everyone thought it would be.

It's bad -- but not as bad.
really dislike Biden but i hope you are right. That things are not as bad as we thought they were going to be. But just talking from friends in Business and family in general I think we haven't even touched the tip of the iceberg. A lot of people seem to be surviving on Credit Cards and savings which will run out and that will be the real test on how tough things will become. We are so consumer focussed as an economy when too many people stop consuming things have the possibility of snowballing their way into disaster.

Old 08-10-2022, 12:50 PM

37,955 posts, read 22,120,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
really dislike Biden but i hope you are right. That things are not as bad as we thought they were going to be. But just talking from friends in Business and family in general I think we haven't even touched the tip of the iceberg. A lot of people seem to be surviving on Credit Cards and savings which will run out and that will be the real test on how tough things will become. We are so consumer focussed as an economy when too many people stop consuming things have the possibility of snowballing their way into disaster.
This is the battered wife syndrome. Biden gets elected and her hubby starts beating her ten times a day. In July '22 he only beats her eight times a day, and she is dancing in the streets and clicking her heels, 'things are not as as bad now.'

Old 08-10-2022, 02:50 PM

8,017 posts, read 5,847,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
This is the battered wife syndrome. Biden gets elected and her hubby starts beating her ten times a day. In July '22 he only beats her eight times a day, and she is dancing in the streets and clicking her heels, 'things are not as as bad now.'

There's some truth here.

It was made worse when Ol' Bumbles Biden today declared that there was zero inflation, which of course his idiot press secretary ran with.

I think there are some real legitimate concerns about things. There's no Fed meeting in August, and it "seems" like the Sept. meeting will be a 50 basis point increase. But the reality is that food and housing -- not that those two items are things most people have in their budget......oh....yeah, that's right, they do -- are still high, and are likely going higher. The July number was down because fuel is falling, but it is still significantly higher than it was in 1/21, as is the rate of inflation.

And we have a mental midget and a female extra from Dumb & Dumber as president/vice-president. What could possibly go wrong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies