Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2022, 11:47 AM

18,449 posts, read 8,275,501 times

Advertisements

of course you're right....

the liberals have the perfect president for them...

they can tell him anything, and he will believe it, and repeat it

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
A lot of times when people have dementia but haven’t quite transitioned into outright Alzheimer’s they give themselves away. Much like a small child that doesn’t quite know how to lie yet. All you have to do is listen to Biden. Now he used to be a pathological liar but due to his mental decline he’s not very good at it anymore. He just does what he’s told or tries to. As best as he can with the few brain cells he has left.

You should notice that he’s constantly referring to “they” They won’t let me do this, they won’t let me do that, they told me this, they told me that. He’s totally 100% being handled. This guy doesn’t even know what to decide he’s having for breakfast at this point. Literally, it’s embarrassing.

Old 08-10-2022, 11:49 AM

25,737 posts, read 12,815,111 times
Xoe will be removed from office, or resign, before his term is up. I wish I knew when, but I don't...my Crystal Ball came from Wal Mart.

Old 08-10-2022, 12:09 PM

43,101 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
A lot of times when people have dementia but haven’t quite transitioned into outright Alzheimer’s they give themselves away. Much like a small child that doesn’t quite know how to lie yet. All you have to do is listen to Biden. Now he used to be a pathological liar but due to his mental decline he’s not very good at it anymore. He just does what he’s told or tries to. As best as he can with the few brain cells he has left.

You should notice that he’s constantly referring to “they” They won’t let me do this, they won’t let me do that, they told me this, they told me that. He’s totally 100% being handled. This guy doesn’t even know what to decide he’s having for breakfast at this point. Literally, it’s embarrassing.
Yes. The US is playing "make believe" when it comes to Biden. No one will say that the Emperor has no clothes on.

Oh a select group of people are running the country and setting their agenda and Biden is nothing more than a hallow "Democrat" that gets paraded in public.

Old 08-10-2022, 12:23 PM

6,024 posts, read 2,846,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Equilibrium is occurring. Next you will see prices start to come back.

Just as Gas and Diesel are.
You are deflecting! The President lied! Inflation was not 0%, as it was 8.5%. Why is it so hard to say, "I like the guy, but he is wrong, here."?

Old 08-10-2022, 12:25 PM

6,024 posts, read 2,846,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
The wording is misleading but I think most of us understood what was being said.
The wording is a flat out lie! Just as you posted, inflation is at 8.5%, not 0% like the President is claiming. Why are you defending lying?

Old 08-10-2022, 12:27 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
You are deflecting! The President lied! Inflation was not 0%, as it was 8.5%. Why is it so hard to say, "I like the guy, but he is wrong, here."?
Yeah poor wording. Most of us understood the gist of his statement.

But more importantly than the poor wording of his statement, is the overstating the accomplishment.

But that's a politician. Taking credit when there is none to take.

Old 08-10-2022, 12:36 PM

5,933 posts, read 2,760,378 times
0% inflation in July = the extremely high inflation that we've been experiencing hasn't increased any further since June. We're still stuck with insanely high prices, they just haven't gone up even more over the last 30 days. Most of this is attributed to Biden releasing our strategic oil reserve (which must be refilled and topped off in the future) -- he didn't solve the energy crisis at all.

1 year from now, we could have 0% inflation (unlikely), but that just means that all of those high prices that we're stuck paying today, didn't increase a year from now and we're still paying high prices for everything.

If this were to happen, the Dems will claim that there is 0% inflation, LOL.

Old 08-10-2022, 12:39 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
0% inflation in July = the extremely high inflation that we've been experiencing hasn't increased any further since June.

1 year from now, we might have 0% inflation, but that just means that all of those high prices that we're stuck paying today, didn't increase a year from now.

If this were to happen, the Dems will claim that there is 0% inflation, LOL.
Nope that's what you would say they claim.

Biden's wording was wrong.

But it is preferable to have zero percent change in prices in July than an increase. Overall inflation has declined from 9.1 to 8.5. Too early for a victory lap and yes Biden should be more prudent in bragging.

But all politicians do it. They do it when the stock market goes up ---and it has nothing to do with anything they did...and conveniently they ignore the market going down the next day. LOL.

Be clear ---- there is still annual inflation rate of 8.5% percent which is high, very high.

Let's hope it doesn't go higher.

Old 08-10-2022, 12:59 PM

6,389 posts, read 2,710,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Some have. Lumber for example. Wholesale lumber is roughly what it was just before the pandemic hit. Supply side issues that, IMO, are at the root of the inflationary spiral this year are clearing up. Inflation is subsiding. It will be a non-issue sooner than many expect. Will we get a recession in its place? IDK. The economy continues to look hot - probably too hot to the Fed.
https://markets.businessinsider.com/...s/lumber-price

1/6/2020 - 405.00
8/9/2022 - 528.50

That's about 23% higher.

Even though it is hovering around 500+, there was a dip a couple of days ago to 489. That is still 18% higher.

Please define "Roughly".

Old 08-10-2022, 02:11 PM

4,548 posts, read 2,271,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I don't feel a bit sorry for him. He is crushing the economy. 71 million more people worldwide in poverty due to his war on fossil fuels. His DOJ and FBI have gone rogue. If he died, I would dance on his grave.

Totally agree. The sooner he checks out, the better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies