Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2022, 07:27 AM

10,234 posts, read 6,322,066 times

Advertisements

Something sounds very fishy to me. What abortion pill is there at 24 weeks? RU486 is only given up to 7 weeks. After that a suction or surgery is performed. So what medication did she take?

The only thing I can think of was medication to Induce LABOR. The article said it was STILLBORN. I can imagine inducing labor at 24 weeks could cause the fetus to die, but where in the world did she get labor inducing medication, especially in pill form? Both me and my daughter were given labor inducing medication because our labors were not progressing, but that was at full term and by INJECTION not a pill. Sounds like somebody with more medical knowledge, and access to these drugs, was advising this girl.

Too many questions, questions, and questions. You don't think the police will be asking these questions?

Old 08-11-2022, 07:34 AM

41,961 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
What do we as a society have to do with someone killing their child? How is that my responsibility?
The lesson to be learned here is prevention. How can we as a society prevent girls from early parenting, and from self-inducing an abortion at any time?

Because, you know, we live collectively as much as we do individually. We're our brothers' keepers, and all that ...

So let's dig deeper (once again). Where in this chain of events did things go wrong? Analyzing the steps that drove this girl to self-induce might help prevent another tragedy like this from happening. Next time it might be someone you know.
  • Did the girl know abortion was prohibited after 20 weeks? If not, why not? If so, why did she wait?
  • Did the girl try to get an abortion within the legal parameter? If not, why not? If the answer is yes, why didn't she?
  • Did the girl know of any options other than abortion such as adoption? If not, why not?
  • Did the girl know she was pregnant before 20 weeks? Sounds crazy, but it happens.
  • Did the girl see a doctor at all?
  • What was her family situation? Did her family know she was pregnant? Sexually active? Did they approve or disapprove? Was there stigma in her family about single parenting? Giving a child up for adoption?
  • Did she use birth control? If not, why not? If so, did she know how to use it correctly?
  • Who was her partner? Did he know she was pregnant? What was his reaction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
If you don't like the idea of people having babies they don't want, then encourage them to use birth control. There's 12 forms of it. It's cheaper and less traumatic.
Exactly my point, thanks! What drove her to what she did? One of the variables is birth control. Did she use birth control? Why or why not?

Old 08-11-2022, 07:45 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
I didn't say it was a good thing. I am saying more and more women will be feeling trapped as abortion facilities close down across the country.

Women may delay doing anything about their pregnancy because they don't know where to turn for help anymore. Meanwhile the weeks keep ticking away and they end up aborting at a much later stage than they would have if a safe abortion center was available near their home.

We don't know how many weeks the young woman in the story was looking for a safe abortion. We don't know much of anything about her situation. It is very sad that she felt she had to abort the pregnancy by herself. And then didn't know what to do with the stillborn fetus.
The fetus didn’t die naturally in her womb. Calling it stillborn when she killed it with drugs is disingenuous.

Old 08-11-2022, 07:47 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
The lesson to be learned here is prevention. How can we as a society prevent girls from early parenting, and from self-inducing an abortion at any time?
What ideas do you have to make birth control even easier to access because that is true prevention?

Old 08-11-2022, 08:06 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,958,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
The fetus didn’t die naturally in her womb. Calling it stillborn when she killed it with drugs is disingenuous.
The news story called it stillborn, so that is what I called it. We don't know what kind of pill she took to cause the abortion. We don't know how or when the fetus died.

Old 08-11-2022, 08:14 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
What do we as a society have to do with someone killing their child? How is that my responsibility?
What do we as a society have to do with someone killing someone else whenever they want? Why is homicide/murder even illegal? Isn't it the killer's right to decide the other must die for the sake of their own convenience just as what happens in 98.3% of the 930,000 abortions performed per year?

Old 08-11-2022, 08:16 AM

8,419 posts, read 4,578,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
The thing is, I don't think women should have to live like nuns, like you seem to believe. God made them sexual beings, just like he made men sexual beings. Women can enjoy sex just as much as men. Theoretically, anyway. No longer here in the U.S., it seems. Here, women aren't going to be allowed to be sexual beings any longer, they will only be allowed to be incubators.

You celebrate that. I don't.

You sure sounded like you did in a few earlier posts. Or were those comments meant to be veiled threats?

Sorta weak if you ask me.

Old 08-11-2022, 08:21 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Something sounds very fishy to me. What abortion pill is there at 24 weeks? RU486 is only given up to 7 weeks. After that a suction or surgery is performed. So what medication did she take?

The only thing I can think of was medication to Induce LABOR. The article said it was STILLBORN. I can imagine inducing labor at 24 weeks could cause the fetus to die, but where in the world did she get labor inducing medication, especially in pill form? Both me and my daughter were given labor inducing medication because our labors were not progressing, but that was at full term and by INJECTION not a pill. Sounds like somebody with more medical knowledge, and access to these drugs, was advising this girl.

Too many questions, questions, and questions. You don't think the police will be asking these questions?
In the messages sent between mom and girl, they discuss taking some hormone pills.

Yet not one poster besides me and you has asked:

Where did they get the pills?
What doctor prescribed them?
Was it off label?
Were they obtained illegally?
Was there any thought to the GIRL'S HEALTH while all of this was happening?

No one cares.

Posters here are only upset that the girl had to kill the baby herself.

Old 08-11-2022, 08:21 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Home abortions will happen regardless.

If you don't like the idea of people having babies they don't want, then encourage them to use birth control. There's 12 forms of it. It's cheaper and less traumatic.

The party of science just doesn't like the science of pregnancy prevention.
100% truth, but they're the "supposed" party of science. They describe a baby about to be aborted as "a clump of cells" without realizing that a woman fully capable of reproducing is also "a clump of cells." All living things (barring unicellular organisms such as bacteria, protozoa, algae, fungi, etc.) are "a clump of cells."

Old 08-11-2022, 08:23 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post

Because, you know, we live collectively as much as we do individually. We're our brothers' keepers, and all that ...

So let's dig deeper (once again). Where in this chain of events did things go wrong? Analyzing the steps that drove this girl to self-induce might help prevent another tragedy like this from happening. Next time it might be someone you know.
  • Did the girl know abortion was prohibited after 20 weeks? If not, why not? If so, why did she wait?
  • Did the girl try to get an abortion within the legal parameter? If not, why not? If the answer is yes, why didn't she?
  • Did the girl know of any options other than abortion such as adoption? If not, why not?
  • Did the girl know she was pregnant before 20 weeks? Sounds crazy, but it happens.
  • Did the girl see a doctor at all?
  • What was her family situation? Did her family know she was pregnant? Sexually active? Did they approve or disapprove? Was there stigma in her family about single parenting? Giving a child up for adoption?
  • Did she use birth control? If not, why not? If so, did she know how to use it correctly?
  • Who was her partner? Did he know she was pregnant? What was his reaction?

Exactly my point, thanks! What drove her to what she did? One of the variables is birth control. Did she use birth control? Why or why not?
Where did they get the pills?

What doctor prescribed them?

Was it off label?

Were they obtained illegally?

All that matters to pro abortion posters is, oh, that poor girl, she was forced to kill her baby, forced to set it on fire, forced to bury it. What she has gone through is such a horror.

Dead babies are collateral damage.

No questions about the pills.

Question: What rational person thinks setting a baby on fire is the right thing to do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies