Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2022, 08:02 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,956,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
After years of a multitude of people whining about Trump profiting from his political position - on a business he had BEFORE he got into office... the Pelosi's are a family clearly putting themselves in positions to profit ahead of decisions they know will be made since they have control.

Dad does the stocks. Junior positions himself in certain businesses around the globe. Mom then uses her position to pass legislation (which is probably written ahead of time) to steer the economic environment in the family's direction to profit big time.

Trump was in government for 4 years. How long as Pelosi been in government - or maybe I should ask how many decades has she been in government?

People who complain about Trump's business and not about Pelosi can't be taken seriously.
I thought we were talking about Paul Jr. He got himself a cushy job in an industry everyone knows will be growing. We all know car batteries will have to be recycled. That is not secret stuff his mother told him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2022, 08:19 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
I thought we were talking about Paul Jr. He got himself a cushy job in an industry everyone knows will be growing. We all know car batteries will have to be recycled. That is not secret stuff his mother told him.
... you can't be taken seriously

Old 08-11-2022, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
... you can't be taken seriously
Are you saying you had no idea recycling car batteries will become a growing business?

Old 08-11-2022, 08:31 AM

19,841 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Nancy's timing of her trip to Taiwan, S. Korea, etc. was quite convenient for Paul Jr.

Old 08-11-2022, 08:40 AM

956 posts, read 510,635 times
The left is so evil. They wat this evil new green deal and much more control over our lives. Of course evil Pelosi's son would position himself with an electric car battery thinking Biden would win as this whole admin wants the new green deal and would try and profit from it. Disgusting!!

Old 08-11-2022, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine607 View Post
The left is so evil. They wat this evil new green deal and much more control over our lives. Of course evil Pelosi's son would position himself with an electric car battery thinking Biden would win as this whole admin wants the new green deal and would try and profit from it. Disgusting!!
He is working for a Canadian company. Would have been better to see him help a new American company build a business and create jobs to recycle batteries, but too many people like you don't want to see the US involved in any green technology so we lose again on new business opportunities.

Old 08-11-2022, 09:21 AM

9,876 posts, read 4,646,105 times
Low activity penny stock comes alive. The story might have been leaked to spur interest on the stock.

Old 08-11-2022, 10:11 AM

956 posts, read 510,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
He is working for a Canadian company. Would have been better to see him help a new American company build a business and create jobs to recycle batteries, but too many people like you don't want to see the US involved in any green technology so we lose again on new business opportunities.
I am all for green technology for utility companies and the oil companies like Exxon and Shell extracting carbon from the air or more efficient cleaner burning oil refineries.

What I cannot except is the EV agenda being pushed down out throats and the outright banning of new ICE vehicle sales and trying to force us all into electric cars and banning fossil fuels for all but limited cases. Well ban coal completely and focus on cleaner burning refineries. But gasoline and natural gas and crude oil with more efficient and cleaner burning refineries live on forever.

Its the whole concept of green new deal I hate. With that they want to ban all fossil fuels and force us into EVs and ban ICE vehicles and also gas dryers, stoves and furnaces.

I will always use ICE vehicles, gas stove, dryer and furnace and they will never take that away from me.

And there always needs to be choices of ICE vehicles to buy new. I do not want the forcing auto companies to make and sell only EVs.

I am not totally against any investment in green energy. What I am against is the war on gasoline, oil and natural gas or any fossil fuels for that matter except coal.

Old 08-11-2022, 10:23 AM

15,838 posts, read 6,543,563 times
Investing in the battery industry seems like a good move right now. There's likely to be a huge world-wide demand. The trick is figuring out what type of battery to put your money on; the technology is going to keep changing.

Old 08-11-2022, 12:05 PM

25,738 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies