Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2022, 04:33 PM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
This...

...and this

Do not take that training lightly if you are a white male. Take it very seriously. Make sure you have it documented that you did the training. If there is extra voluntary training, do that too. If there are online workshops that award any sort of certificate, confirmation, etc that you did extra, do that too. Bang out as much of a "I wanna be woke as f**k" training and certification as possible.

Here's why - when the layoff train pulls into the station, HR will, guaranteed, look at junk like that when they decide who is getting on that train. If you are older, white, male, maybe making too much by their estimation, or they simply need to reduce the headcount of people who don't check off enough DEI boxes....they will pull those stats and add them to bullet point lists used to figure out who to sack. And that's the NICEST thing they'll use that DEI crap for.

Additionally, those trainings make a few things abundantly clear for operating as a non-preferred checkbox person in the current corporate world:
  • Never be alone with anyone who is a preferred checkbox person while at work.
  • Never speak to any preferred checkbox person while at work about anything other than work, and even then, only when necessary as prescribed by the work.
  • Never make unnecessary eye contact with any preferred checkbox person while at work.
  • Never use any pronoun in any communication...EVER. Always use names, and if in doubt, use the name found in their email profile.
  • Never initiate conversation with any preferred checkbox person in person, ALWAYS use email/phone/slack/teams/etc first, and ONLY for work.
  • Never go to lunch or outside events with preferred checkbox people unless it is mandatory activity initiated by the company, unless you have at least two other colleagues with you, and even then, only if they invite you and do so via email so that you have proof that you did not initiate anything.
  • Never put anything on your desk that indicates anything relating to your gender, race, marital status, sexual orientation/identity, political outlook, etc. Basically, a calendar that has pictures of flowers, maybe landscapes? But nothing else, because you can guarantee that somewhere in your company, there is a preferred checkbox person who spends at least half their working hours walking around looking for things to be offended by so they can whine to HR to have someone fired. DO NOT end up on their radar. Best advice for cubicle decoration/personalization - NONE. Your cube should look like you are not only a temp/consultant, but one who started that morning.
Welcome to Volobjectitarian's Rules For Non-Preferred People In The Workplace.
That list of things I've sort of already been doing to some degree, but with women. Now I guess it needs to be expanded to the preferred checkbox as you put it.

Pretty damn sad that we're at this point with all of this crap.

The lefty Marxist are busy busy busy reshaping our society apparently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2022, 07:45 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,712,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
This...

...and this

Do not take that training lightly if you are a white male. Take it very seriously. Make sure you have it documented that you did the training. If there is extra voluntary training, do that too. If there are online workshops that award any sort of certificate, confirmation, etc that you did extra, do that too. Bang out as much of a "I wanna be woke as f**k" training and certification as possible.

Here's why - when the layoff train pulls into the station, HR will, guaranteed, look at junk like that when they decide who is getting on that train. If you are older, white, male, maybe making too much by their estimation, or they simply need to reduce the headcount of people who don't check off enough DEI boxes....they will pull those stats and add them to bullet point lists used to figure out who to sack. And that's the NICEST thing they'll use that DEI crap for.

Additionally, those trainings make a few things abundantly clear for operating as a non-preferred checkbox person in the current corporate world:
  • Never be alone with anyone who is a preferred checkbox person while at work.
  • Never speak to any preferred checkbox person while at work about anything other than work, and even then, only when necessary as prescribed by the work.
  • Never make unnecessary eye contact with any preferred checkbox person while at work.
  • Never use any pronoun in any communication...EVER. Always use names, and if in doubt, use the name found in their email profile.
  • Never initiate conversation with any preferred checkbox person in person, ALWAYS use email/phone/slack/teams/etc first, and ONLY for work.
  • Never go to lunch or outside events with preferred checkbox people unless it is mandatory activity initiated by the company, unless you have at least two other colleagues with you, and even then, only if they invite you and do so via email so that you have proof that you did not initiate anything.
  • Never put anything on your desk that indicates anything relating to your gender, race, marital status, sexual orientation/identity, political outlook, etc. Basically, a calendar that has pictures of flowers, maybe landscapes? But nothing else, because you can guarantee that somewhere in your company, there is a preferred checkbox person who spends at least half their working hours walking around looking for things to be offended by so they can whine to HR to have someone fired. DO NOT end up on their radar. Best advice for cubicle decoration/personalization - NONE. Your cube should look like you are not only a temp/consultant, but one who started that morning.
Welcome to Volobjectitarian's Rules For Non-Preferred People In The Workplace.
It's really sad that it has come this far, but I think it's already backfiring because the ironic thing about all of this is that this kind of behavior encourages discrimination and racism. I'm a white male and it's easier for me to work with/socialize with other white males because there isn't a risk of a bogus HR complaint or lawsuit.

My former supervisor and I were on friend-like terms and he admitted to me in private that he wouldn't hire "checkbox people" because of a "checkbox" coworker we had who had poor work ethic but was able to string out the termination process for over a year by filing bogus discrimination complaints to HR. In the end, he wasn't fired but was transferred to a different department. A white male with poor work ethic would have been gone within a month or two.

Old 08-11-2022, 08:09 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seguinite View Post
How close to retirement are you? This kind of stuff has pushed some folks to go early.
I'm in my 30s and I'm not planning on retirement.

Old 08-11-2022, 11:34 PM

8,299 posts, read 3,812,442 times
It's their money... if they want to spend it on training that no one will pay attention to... that's on them... and their right.

Old 08-11-2022, 11:58 PM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
It's their money... if they want to spend it on training that no one will pay attention to... that's on them... and their right.
I agree.

I work for a super woke fortune 200 company. Full on DEI woke complete with all of the training and email signatures virtue signalling their pronouns.

I'll go along, play the game, meanwhile doing the stroking it hand gesture the whole time.

I treat everyone around me with basic respect, and that is fine.

Old 08-12-2022, 03:40 AM

27,566 posts, read 28,665,617 times
Any kind of racial politics or political correctness should be illegal in the workplace, for there to be justice.

Any reference to diversity, equity or inclusion should be banned. It is redundant nonsense. The workplace should be color blind and gender blind.

People should only be judged based on individual qualifications and merit.

Old 08-12-2022, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Any kind of racial politics or political correctness should be illegal in the workplace, for there to be justice.

Any reference to diversity, equity or inclusion should be banned. It is redundant nonsense.
Why?

Why do liberals want overpowering big government banning?

If you don't like what your employer is doing, get a new employer. You have a choice just like the employer has a choice.

Old 08-12-2022, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Why?

Why do liberals want overpowering big government banning?

If you don't like what your employer is doing, get a new employer. You have a choice just like the employer has a choice.
Racial or gender discrimination violate the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment.

Old 08-12-2022, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Racial or gender discrimination violate the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment.
It wasn't clear in your previous post that you were a public servant. Also, diversity and inclusion training is not discriminatory so the Equal Protection Clause does not apply.

Most of this thread is discussing diversity and inclusion training in the workplace.... generally the private sector.

Old 08-12-2022, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Also, diversity and inclusion training is not discriminatory so the Equal Protection Clause does not apply.
That is where we disagree. It is discriminatory because it favors people based on racial or gender characteristics.

That should have nothing to do with a workplace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies