Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2022, 04:55 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,092,783 times

Advertisements

I’m going to be entering the working world again probably the year after next when I finish my masters in accounting. I am sooo worried that I will end up somewhere that pushes this narrative. I’ll only be looking at virtual jobs (my area would NOT participate in that stuff but I need to work from home) and I truly am not sure how to vet for this. I don’t even want to apply if they are going to try to push the “whitey bad” woke junk. I already quit one degree program bc they wanted to punish me for not toeing that line…it has become pervasive bc nobody wants to be seen as “racist” or “bigoted” so they all comply with it (and I am not just talking about people here but companies and even non profits).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2022, 09:43 AM

8,293 posts, read 3,783,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
That is where we disagree. It is discriminatory because it favors people based on racial or gender characteristics.

That should have nothing to do with a workplace.
How so? Telling someone to treat everyone equally doesn't favor anyone...

Based on your previous post, you're a public servant. I wonder if diversity and inclusion training for you public servants is different than in the private sector.

Old 08-12-2022, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
I’m going to be entering the working world again probably the year after next when I finish my masters in accounting. I am sooo worried that I will end up somewhere that pushes this narrative.
My current employer doesn't have this. Just find an employer that you're comfortable with... or start your own business.

Old 08-12-2022, 10:26 AM

37,331 posts, read 61,154,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Racial or gender discrimination violate the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment.
I have made that argument numerous times. The non-profit charity that I volunteer with has had their lawyer speak with me. In his mind the courts are changing, there is no way to be sure of how discrimination will be ruled in the future. But since D.E.I. is the big new wave, we have to comply with the assumption that it will not be seen as violating discrimination laws.

Every time I voice concern against D.E.I. I have been told that I need further re-education, and they sign me up for more workshops.

Old 08-12-2022, 11:54 AM

16,459 posts, read 10,478,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Every time I voice concern against D.E.I. I have been told that I need further re-education, and they sign me up for more workshops.
The nail that sticks up is the one that gets hammered back down.

As I see it, there are two lines of corporate thought regarding DEI: (1) They believe in it; or (2) They pay lip service to it because they don't want to be the next target of the woke lynch mob.

The second type is easy to deal with. Just go through the motions of the DEI training. Don't pay any attention to any of it, and don't do anything that it tells you to do. Instead, just keep on living as normal people. Once the training is over, the head honchos will pat themselves on the back for having Done Something, and that'll be the end of that.

The first one is harder to deal with. They may be naive and think that it really will improve inter-employee relations, in which case you have to go through the motions not only of taking the training, but also pretending to agree with it and even pretend to implement something that it said to do. Even worse, the employer may be anti-white and want to use DEI to stick it to us in the name of fighting Systemic Racism. If you find yourself in one of those situations, your best bet is to take your white-bread talents and walk out the door. Find someplace less woke.

In any of these situations, openly resisting DEI will probably do nothing but make them mad and then they'll come down on you. Instead, sabotage it from within. Depending on your temperament, you could nod and smile sweetly while secretly ignoring everything they tell you. Or you could earnestly ask a ton of questions, as if you're all on board with DEI and want to make absolutely certain you're doing it right, in order to bog the training down. Or you could respond to any question with rambling monologues in which you confess your white privilege and repent of it, again for the purpose of slowing the training down. Be creative, and do your part to surreptitiously gum up the works.

Old 08-12-2022, 12:13 PM

8,897 posts, read 2,936,218 times
Sounds like the Marxists have infiltrated the board room at your company.

Old 08-12-2022, 03:51 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,677,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
My current employer doesn't have this. Just find an employer that you're comfortable with... or start your own business.
At this point the only employers who don't have this type of training are small businesses and blue collar jobs. Any large corporation is going to have some sort of DEI training.

I did some contract work for two months for a local hospital and I was even required to take the training for them.

Old 08-12-2022, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
At this point the only employers who don't have this type of training are small businesses and blue collar jobs. Any large corporation is going to have some sort of DEI training.

I did some contract work for two months for a local hospital and I was even required to take the training for them.
Cool. There's more small businesses than large corporations. It's also an opportunity for people to create businesses as they desire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies