Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2022, 09:06 AM

3,356 posts, read 1,232,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
A co-worker of mine, I'll call him Bill, was basically ambushed by members of a Episcopal Church. In the 1980s, my unit was stationed on a US military base in Japan for six months. It can be a really boring tour, and people will do a lot of odd things just to kill the boredom. Well, my co-worker made the mistake of hanging out with his roommate, who was a member of an Episcopal Church group on base.

I think his roommate figured he was ready to be saved. According to my co-worker's telling of the tale. One day, at their makeshift church, they ambushed him and forced him into some bizarre ritual. They dunked him in a tub of water and were demanding he speak in tongues. The guy was so freaked out, he observed the babbling from some of the other members, and he said "I just started jabbering like them, and they declared I was now 'saved'." From then on he said his roomy called him "brother Bill." Bill switched roommates real quick and stopped even talking to those people.
Doesn’t sound like the Episcopal Church I grew up in. Think you have the wrong denomination.

Old 08-11-2022, 09:07 AM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
They aren't screwing up kids. They're teaching kids it's OK to be themselves. Male. Female. Gay. Straight. Etc.

Teaching kids to be ashamed of who they are is evil.
How many kids did you know when you were in elementary school who even knew what a lesbian was, let alone suspecting that she might actually be a lesbian? But that being said, I know plenty of little girls who wanted to be boys and little boys who liked to play with dolls (although I didn't know too many boys who liked to play with girl dolls after the first or second grade).

And how many kids did you know in junior high or high school who actually, truly thought they were the wrong sex?

If kids or anyone are truly NOT cisgendered, than YES, I think they should be supported -- but I do think it IS evil to put such ideas in their heads where no such idea existed before.

Last edited by katharsis; 08-11-2022 at 09:19 AM..

Old 08-11-2022, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Loving someone does not mean you approve or tolerate their behavior.

You still don't understand what Jesus stood for.

Lots of liberals don't.

Say you have a junkie cousin. You love him. Do you allow him to shoot up drugs and get high in front of your grandchildren? Per your logic, yes, you would. Because you accept and tolerate and love him no matter what. His junkie behavior is who he is and you accept him absolutely no question, just break out those needles in front of the kids, all behaviors are acceptable here.

That's not WWJD.
Why do you think you know more about Jesus than members of mainstream Protestant religions?

Old 08-11-2022, 09:10 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
Why do you think you know more about Jesus than members of mainstream Protestant religions?
Why do you think members of mainstream Protestant religions know more about Jesus than a poster on a forum?

Wasn't there a time when doctors promoted cigarettes as healthy?

Old 08-11-2022, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Why do you think members of mainstream Protestant religions know more about Jesus than a poster on a forum?

Wasn't there a time when doctors promoted cigarettes as healthy?
There was a time when women couldn’t vote. What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

Old 08-11-2022, 09:17 AM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
Exhibit A.

Encouraging mental illness and advocating medical treatments and surgery is not promoting the "love of Jesus."

Jesus would be in that church flipping over tables.

ADD: It's the equivalent of a church stating that they approve of adultery and sending the congregation emails about different dating apps they can join so that they can be adulterers together.
I'm talking about in general. I just know these people and know what they stand for. I don't believe Jesus has a problem with them at all.

No it's not the same as approving of adultery. That is specifically banned in the bible. Whatever is going on with gender issues is not addressed in the bible.

All I know is the greatest commandment is to love God and love your neighbor as yourself, and my experience with the Episcopal church is they do both. Having been involved in Christianity and churches in general in my previous life, and seeing how so many Christians are quick to judge and exclude those who are "other" just makes me appreciate the Episcopalian church all the more.

I am grateful for anyone who loves, accepts and cares people for who they are, whether they go to church or not. These are the best kind of people.

Old 08-11-2022, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
There was a time when women couldn’t vote. What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?
My point exactly.

Old 08-11-2022, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkmarkblue View Post
The Episcopalian church and its mother church Anglican church have fallen. However both churches have been historically progressive and anti catholic for centuries. If mainline white protestants churches want to be woke. Let them.
Woke is not the derogatory phrase you think it is. I consider it awakened, which is a good thing.

Old 08-11-2022, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
A Christian Denomination practices Jesus’s instruction to Love thy Neighbor as thy Self and the “Christian” Right loses its mind.
Ain't that the truth?

Old 08-11-2022, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I'm talking about in general. I just know these people and know what they stand for. I don't believe Jesus has a problem with them at all.

No it's not the same as approving of adultery. That is specifically banned in the bible. Whatever is going on with gender issues is not addressed in the bible.

All I know is the greatest commandment is to love God and love your neighbor as yourself, and my experience with the Episcopal church is they do both. Having been involved in Christianity and churches in general in my previous life, and seeing how so many Christians are quick to judge and exclude those who are "other" just makes me appreciate the Episcopalian church all the more.

I am grateful for anyone who loves, accepts and cares people for who they are, whether they go to church or not. These are the best kind of people.
Jesus was very clear that children are NOT to be harmed.

Are you unaware of those verses?

Are you aware of the lawsuits in the UK regarding kids who claimed were pushed in medical transition because the only care offered was gender affirming care?

Wait for the fallout. It's coming hard and fast. Crimes against children.

Educate yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies