U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2022, 11:15 AM

1,452 posts, read 487,849 times

Advertisements

First MAJOR step? When Donald Trump's casket is being paraded in the streets of DC and then the subsequent interment.
Rate this post positively

Old 08-11-2022, 11:16 AM

5,033 posts, read 4,186,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The way I see it is the Dems threw a nutty over Trump and we are still paying the price. We all saw how ugly the Left can be. Sure Trump was rough around the edges but many of his policies were Pro America and the Dems flat out refused to work with him at all. They are what divided the country and they still are. You are either all in with their Far Left schemes or you are OUT and they have no use for you.

The Reps are still a centered but the Dems have been taken over by the SJW Woke Far Left that seek to tear it all down.

We are going to continue to be divided and hurting as long as the Democrats continue on their current path.

I can't imagine what is going to happen if Trump should win the WH again. I actually fear that his kids will find themselves without a Father. The Dems have viciously and vindictively thrown everything at him and they are so warped with the TDS that ending him could be their last resort.

The Democrats need to return to the Center and make America and her people a priority again. We don't care about being carbon neutral in 10 years, we don't care about Jan 6th when we are having trouble today deciding between Gas, Medicine or Food and safety concerns stemming from the Open Border to career criminals roaming the streets.

How do we start to Heal? The Democrats need to dump the Far Left agenda, return more to the center and stop being so ugly, angry and vindictive.
Total nonsense: MY PARTY IS THE BEST, and, MY PARTY ALSO..........

Old 08-11-2022, 11:20 AM

13,696 posts, read 7,915,878 times
I see value in much of what the OP has said.
But one overarching problem is in our way: the nation has spent way too much time on Trump, Trumpism, and the minions that serve his need for fawning, worshipful followers. They (many who have posted on this thread) are clearly lost to America. They live a delusional life addicted to Trump and poisoned by lies. They actually advocate for civil war or secession in their threads. In spite of our common values and basic conformity on local and national issues, they seek to divide and denigrate all who do not praise and pledge allegiance to Trump. The country simply cannot waste any more time trying to placate or coddle these red hat hypocrites and bigots.

There is plenty of room in America for conservatives and conservative thought and dialogue and debate. That is not at all what Trump and Trumpism is about. True conservatives and the Republican party need to flush them from their ranks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
You missed one step.
First thing to do is delete the entire P&OC forum. That should be number one.
After that, I dont have faith that people will get out of the trump ether for at least the next 5 years.
Forums like this give them the notion that they are more numerous than they are. It is simply a right-wing echo chamber catering mostly to desperate Trump supporters. It is more akin to a loser dating site than a public forum. Anonymity gives them license to attack and defile any attempt at reasoned debate or discussion and they get a feel-good endorphin rush from that, so they become addicted to it. There is no real value in this forum.

Old 08-11-2022, 11:50 AM

2,676 posts, read 1,737,112 times
I love how most of the responses in here, are just (unawarely) stating that the problem is always people in the other party..
I agree with the concept (mentioned thru the thread) that more localized government would serve all people more effectively.. Education, border security, etc should be relegated more to the states. The Federal government is failing America on a lot of these big picture issues. Our population has gotten so big, governing needs to be broken back down in to state & municipal control..
As far as Trump, critics saying he's too Conservative to be unifying.. I don't think his conservatism is why the system keeps attacking him.. it's his populism (both real and perceived) that is a threat to Democrats and neoCons. Ie- his position on strong border security was a popular position, that appealed to blue collar Democrats. A populist position like that undermines Democrats & neocons who don't want to secure the border. But, practically speaking, stronger state governments would make both Left & Right (in their respective state majorities) happier and better served I believe..

Last edited by Babe_Ruth; 08-11-2022 at 11:59 AM..

Old 08-11-2022, 12:00 PM

6,672 posts, read 3,427,222 times
Personally I don't think we do. I think this split has been festering since the early 1800s and frankly, if you look at history the wars are always fought between the progressives (feeling / emotional people) and the conservatives (rational / logic based).

Even if we were to split, it would happen all over again in the new land... where people who were "conservatives" would change their views and start "Progressive" thinking and everyone would just be in the same place all over again.

IMHO, the only hope we have is that people of the younger generations are wise enough to see this and realize they have to make it, at least, appear that things are good and better (think the 80s).

To that end I would say..
1. If you can you must run for some office / seat and use it to stablize this country.
2. We have to try to get rid of 24 hour news networks, without news they just try to make it up.
3. We have to sour people on social media / Dilute the market so it falls out of fashion.
4. We need to try to get some foot hold in Hollywood to produce more good lesson movies and films.

Yes, tomorrow things wont be fixed but it didn't get this bad overnight either.

Old 08-11-2022, 12:12 PM

1,718 posts, read 645,156 times
When evil is perceived as good and good is perceived as evil, there is very, very little hope of turning things to a course for sanity.
That describes the U.S.A. in the 21st century.

Old 08-11-2022, 12:12 PM

19,962 posts, read 12,148,096 times
It is much easier to demonize or trivialize those with another POV than to ask them why they think what they do.

Civil conversations require the participants to make an effort to understand the others reasoning.

Reading the responses to the op just makes me sad for the nation.

Old 08-11-2022, 12:15 PM

14,245 posts, read 10,240,707 times
There is no way to heal with the progressives running our institutions. Even if you vote in moderates, the media will ignore them and focus on their narratives and spin. The only choice is polarity, so I will vote republican and see what happens. Trump 2024.

A good start would be both parties rejecting the authoritarian elements within their ranks, so democrats keep the woke in check, and republicans keep the puritans in check. This however I do not expect to happen, so given the choice, I'll take the republicans.

Old 08-11-2022, 12:47 PM

4,297 posts, read 3,348,137 times
Why does the IRS need 5 MILLION rounds of ammunition ? Just askin'......

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertw...h=5a654ed75d20

Old 08-11-2022, 01:15 PM

1,444 posts, read 475,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
the best way to heal our country:

1. turn off editorial media on both sides
2. abandon social media
3. vote out every incumbent in house and senate

you will see real change on both sides once we get the dark money PAC machines and media out of the picture

^^^ This.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.