U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Country or Party?
Country 112 95.73%
Party 5 4.27%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2022, 01:30 PM

14,240 posts, read 8,885,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
what? no option for rock and roll?

but anyways, some people - like myself for example - take an oath to the constitution and follow that whole thing..

I do not belong to any party (by law) but if consider ONLY the big 2, GOP and DNC, GOP requires no pledge of fealty. The DNC *does* and it requires that they be all or nothing. No DNC member is allowed to be their own person and vote their own way - its online, here is FL: https://browarddemocrats.org/wp-cont...9092512450.pdf

so thats just messed up
Is that so? Broward County Republicans have similar pledge language.

"By typing your first and last name above you pledge that if serving as a designated poll watcher, canvassing attorney, or team leader: (1) I will fully support the election of Republican candidates, and no other party’s candidates in a partisan election; (2) I understand and agree that my support for the election of Republican candidates, and no other political party’s candidates in the 2022 Florida Primary and General Elections is a requirement for participation as a designated representative in this program;"

https://gop.knack.com/florida-protec...ruitment-form/

Last edited by notnamed; 08-11-2022 at 01:51 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2022, 01:56 PM

1,418 posts, read 250,856 times
Tbh, neither.

Both parties and by extension everyone who runs the country are crooks. I pledge no loyalty to crooks.

My country would be best served if we cleaned the entire DC and started over. But that won’t happen.

So they won’t get any loyalty from me

Old 08-12-2022, 06:29 AM

5,087 posts, read 1,320,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Is that so? Broward County Republicans have similar pledge language.

"By typing your first and last name above you pledge that if serving as a designated poll watcher, canvassing attorney, or team leader: (1) I will fully support the election of Republican candidates, and no other party’s candidates in a partisan election; (2) I understand and agree that my support for the election of Republican candidates, and no other political party’s candidates in the 2022 Florida Primary and General Elections is a requirement for participation as a designated representative in this program;"

https://gop.knack.com/florida-protec...ruitment-form/
yes that is so. the 2 things are different. the one you linked is for some election integrity team - whatever that is. It sounds like a specific job with a specific requirement. there is exactly no requirement for PARTY membership in the GOP. which is why you have RINOs. note, the absence of DINOs. something manchin came darn close to breaking by simply NOT voting the way they wanted (sinema too)

Old 08-12-2022, 07:52 AM

14,240 posts, read 8,885,658 times
Quote:
yes that is so. the 2 things are different. the one you linked is for some election integrity team - whatever that is. It sounds like a specific job with a specific requirement. there is exactly no requirement for PARTY membership in the GOP. which is why you have RINOs. note, the absence of DINOs. something manchin came darn close to breaking by simply NOT voting the way they wanted (sinema too)
There was no context on your link and I found that Republican equivalent in all of 30s of googling. Given the very similar wording for Broward County Republicans for a mere election monitor I think you're kidding yourself if you don't think the same thing exists for the GOP.

Also kind of disturbing that they have such a loyalty pledge for an election monitor...not to the election process but to the party.

Old 08-12-2022, 08:38 AM

3,832 posts, read 3,594,327 times
Country, always country.

However when I say country I say it for the people first.

The ideals it was founded on……does the OP mean that only white male landowners had a say in the laws that affect everyone? Because that to me is just like party first.

Old 08-12-2022, 08:43 AM

10,453 posts, read 7,104,464 times
As a young man I was a registered democrat, eventually switched to independent after Jimmy Carter. Last democrats I voted for were Governor Bob Graham of Florida and I did vote for Bill Clinton's second term. Since then I've seen the light, registered republican and know democrats are the party of darkness and despair, who are very un-American.

Old 08-12-2022, 08:44 AM

48,448 posts, read 47,838,690 times
Country by a long shot.

I have no interest in party, which ever group spouts off what I wanna hear, I'll vote for them. The Dims are saying and doing things that I have zero interest in.

The repugs talk a good game, but don't really deliver. In many ways it's one big uni-party.

Old 08-12-2022, 08:51 AM

670 posts, read 333,616 times
For the United States all the way. But the evil left is out to destroy our country with more big and big government, the Green new deal, banning fire arms from private ownership (I even say this as someone who does not own one), reverse racism against white people and so many more terrible things I cannot name but could come up with a huge list if I could sit down and think about all of it.

SO there are 2 parties the GOP and evil left. The GOP is not perfect bit at least they mostly leave government out of our lives so vote for them to ensure evil left does not get any more control of congress than the already slim margin in House and razor thin as can be margin in senate.

Old 08-12-2022, 08:52 AM

26,983 posts, read 13,983,881 times
Country, which is why I support Donald John Trump and condemn Joe Biden, Nancy Pelosi, and Chuck Schumer.

Old 08-12-2022, 08:54 AM

8,489 posts, read 3,261,399 times
Quote:
what? no option for rock and roll?

but anyways, some people - like myself for example - take an oath to the constitution and follow that whole thing..

I do not belong to any party (by law) but if consider ONLY the big 2, GOP and DNC, GOP requires no pledge of fealty. The DNC *does* and it requires that they be all or nothing. No DNC member is allowed to be their own person and vote their own way - its online, here is FL: https://browarddemocrats.org/wp-cont...9092512450.pdf

so thats just messed up
And here's something similar from the Seminole County GOP organization https://www.seminolegop.org/wp-conte...-8_17_2020.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies