Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2022, 11:28 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times

Advertisements

https://theconversation.com/politici...-the-us-187057

I find it disgusting that this is even discussed. It would be just the same as if Germany would try to disavow the realities of the Holocaust.

You can't whitewash what happened, you can't "redefine" what happened, and what reason is there for even trying at an official level?

I just don't understand.

Old 08-11-2022, 11:34 AM

15,847 posts, read 6,547,612 times
It's probably a result of cognitive avoidance by the parents. People want to avoid talking about things that make them uncomfortable. In some cases, there's likely also a cultural bias at work.

Old 08-11-2022, 11:35 AM

29,823 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTX View Post
I find it disgusting that you compare slavery to the holocaust

Oh just wait... In the years to come, democrats will be teaching kids in schools/indoctrination centers around the USA that capitalism = slavery = holocaust

Old 08-11-2022, 11:37 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Reason for America failing

One side wants to call slavery as involuntary relocation
The other wants to call my daughter a privileged oppressor.

Old 08-11-2022, 11:41 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,966,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post

I find it disgusting that this is even discussed. It would be just the same as if Germany would try to disavow the realities of the Holocaust.

You can't whitewash what happened, you can't "redefine" what happened, and what reason is there for even trying at an official level?

I just don't understand.
I was in middle school 30 years ago and I learned about slavery.

What the heck are you talking about?

Some people want to do a full year course on it though, and say how terrible our country is because of it.

I think you need to get over it. It's been outlawed in the USA for more than 150 years.

Old 08-11-2022, 11:47 AM

20,049 posts, read 20,861,844 times
First of all, slavery was practiced for thousands of years, and still is in some countries.
You’d think people would be tickled silly over the fact that the US broke down many barriers back in the day by ending slavery, everyone would appreciate and embrace such an accomplishment. But no. The dead horse has to be dragged perpetually because it meets a false narrative. The fact that pretty much anyone of any race could be, and was, a slave just doesn’t cut it. Nope. Not good enough. There is a narrative being pushed that only blacks were slaves, and every last one of them was whipped, beaten, starved, and kept in cages. It’s total horsecrap. Do some real research. Learn the truth. Think for yourself and stop being an imbecile. You really have to wonder how “educated” these so-called “educated” people really are. You come across as a bunch of brainless ignorant morons. Research. Truth. Facts. It’s out there.

Old 08-11-2022, 11:49 AM

29,823 posts, read 24,913,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
First of all, slavery was practiced for thousands of years, and still is in some countries.
You’d think people would be tickled silly over the fact that the US broke down many barriers back in the day by ending slavery, everyone would appreciate and embrace such an accomplishment. But no. The dead horse has to be dragged perpetually because it meets a false narrative. The fact that pretty much anyone of any race could be, and was, a slave just doesn’t cut it. Nope. Not good enough. There is a narrative being pushed that only blacks were slaves, and every last one of them was whipped, beaten, starved, and kept in cages. It’s total horsecrap. Do some real research. Learn the truth. Think for yourself and stop being an imbecile. You really have to wonder how “educated” these so-called “educated” people really are. You come across as a bunch of brainless ignorant morons. Research. Truth. Facts. It’s out there.

It's still going on in Haiti, right off the coast of the USA. But the slave holders are not white, so it's ignored. See how that works???

Old 08-11-2022, 11:50 AM

25,758 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Yeah, why don't we have a complete discussion of slavery in the US.

We could start with these:

1) Slavery happened in the US. (no problem with that one. I'm sure both woke and non-woke teachers affirm that)

2) Slavery is not a good thing. (again, I'd doubt there is any hiding of this fact in the classroom)

3) Not every white person in the US, pre 1860, was a slave owner or supported slavery. (now we are getting into the area where the woke teacher will begin to discard facts)

4) There was a very vocal and sometimes violent anti-slavery movement in the US, mainly in the north but also in the south. (again, the woke teacher will be silent here)

5) Slavery was not practiced in all US states just prior to the civil war. (crickets from the woke teacher)

6) Kansas and Missouri were in a state of near anarchy over the slavery issue before the Civil War. (the woke likely won't mention this, since it implies that there were white folks who were against slavery)

7) Not all blacks were slaves. Some blacks owned slaves. ( Yeah, crickets here, huh wokes?)

8) There are plenty of examples of very successful FREE blacks from pre 1860. (more crickets)

9) A lot of white people ended up giving their lives in a war that ended slavery. (woke teachers will ignore this one, since whites are inherently Satanic and evil)

10) The legal practice of slavery was ended at the close of the Civil War. (in the woke mind, we still have slavery and whites must pay)

11) A person living today is in no way responsible for something that happened two hundred years ago. (OMG! A woke teacher would consider this idea to be heresy)

12) Whites in the US were not the only culture/nation to ever practice slavery. Also, see #3. (more heresy in the mind of the woke teacher)

Etc, etc, etc...

And another thing that is quite revealing is that I'd doubt there is a history class that exists in K-12 today that has ever covered slavery by other cultures, except MAYBE the ancient Egyptians. But I'd doubt even that. For instance, I'd doubt that it is ever mentioned that many cultures in the the Americas practiced slavery, and much worse, cannibalism. In woke history, the Native Americans were all living here in Nirvana-like harmony with not a problem or care in the world.

Actual research will show otherwise. For you wokes that have never been exposed to real history, read of the Aztec culture (and surrounding cultures). Why do you think Native American tribes would ally with the Spanish against the Aztecs? Because the Aztecs were angels? Also, read of the tribes that Columbus first encountered in the Caribbean--read of what one was doing to the other and Columbus' response. Read of all of this stuff before the history is erased forever.

Old 08-11-2022, 11:56 AM

9,511 posts, read 4,344,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post

I just don't understand.
Where is/was your outrage when CRT is doing exactly the same thing?

Old 08-11-2022, 11:56 AM

20,049 posts, read 20,861,844 times
My people were enslaved into the 20th century, but we’re not brown skinned so it doesn’t count. Talk about disbelief and crickets, this one takes the cake for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies