Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2022, 06:59 AM

5,978 posts, read 2,233,652 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Who is Superman making fun of when he wears his costume? Not the same thing.

The intent of drag is for men to insult and demean women. Men collect every horrific stereotype of being shallow, shrill, angry, and demanding, pile on makeup like Tammy Faye Baker and screech and harp like b-tch. Performance by MEN.

Drag is to women as black face is to blacks.

--signed a woman who finds drag offensive
Haha, tell that to Rupaul.

But in all honesty, I cannot think of another activity outside of the WWE where grown men are putting on skin-tight costumes, and makeup, and pretending to be a whole other person the rest of the time.

Remember their "True Self" is the one in the makeup and skin-tight clothes with the underwear on the OUTSIDE of the pants.

I am telling you that is one step away from making all Children who watch it Trans .

I bet people can feel the switch in the air right now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2022, 07:12 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,938,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Haha, tell that to Rupaul.

But in all honesty, I cannot think of another activity outside of the WWE where grown men are putting on skin-tight costumes, and makeup, and pretending to be a whole other person the rest of the time.

Remember their "True Self" is the one in the makeup and skin-tight clothes with the underwear on the OUTSIDE of the pants.

I am telling you that is one step away from making all Children who watch it Trans .

I bet people can feel the switch in the air right now
The intent of drag is for men to make fun of women.

That's it.

It's offensive.

Old 08-12-2022, 08:44 AM

19,802 posts, read 9,345,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Not sure why you couldn't find it outside -- the story is everywehre. Maybe it's your search engine failing you.

https://tvline.com/2022/08/03/ironhe...y-plus-series/
https://www.t3.com/us/news/marvel-ca...drag-race-star
https://www.tvinsider.com/1054924/ru...eys-ironheart/
I don't consider those in the same league as CNN, MSNBC, FoxNews, USAToday, Time, etc.

But, as I said, there are plenty of other sites, including the ones that you listed, that have the story.

Quote:
My search engine has gotten noticeably worse over the last few months. Mostly 'approved' sites with the 'approved' message and 'approved' story. Takes multiple searches to find information that isn't published by MSM or government, just a basic simple statistic without the 'approved' story. Can't find the facts. They get buried. /shrug/ So much for 'open information.'
Yep.

Old 08-12-2022, 12:18 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,628,472 times
Quote:
The intent of drag is for men to make fun of women.

That's it.

It's offensive.
I don't find drag offensive. To me, it's mainly just a source of silly entertainment watching guys do something I wouldn't do. If they can do a good job doing Cher or Dolly Parton, that's awesome. However, if church women are offended by drag, they simply shouldn't go to the shows as in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C15gpGaS-fg

Old 08-12-2022, 12:23 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,938,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I don't find drag offensive. To me, it's mainly just a source of silly entertainment watching guys do something I wouldn't do. If they can do a good job doing Cher or Dolly Parton, that's awesome. However, if church women are offended by drag, they simply shouldn't go to the shows as in:

Impersonation is a different type of entertainment and is done by both men and women.

The intent of drag is to make fun of women.

I guess that you believe if someone doesn't find black face offensive, you would encourage them to watch blackface performances because they are just silly entertainment?

What's the point of blackface? Entertainment through insult.

Just like drag.

Why is one "silly entertainment" and the other hideously racist and offensive?

Old 08-12-2022, 01:47 PM

46,946 posts, read 25,972,151 times
Quote:
The intent of drag is to make fun of women.
Well, the Pope of Drag has spoken ex cathedra, I guess.

Old 08-12-2022, 02:37 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,117,780 times
I am not offended by true"drag queens." (like RuPaul) However there seems to be a huge difference in what is going on today vs the past. I don't really consider men dressing as women for Halloween, a movie, comedy skit, etc. "drag queens." They are not. Drag queens typically take a stage name, often emulate iconic stars like Cher or Madonna, and have an entertainment act, usually quite good.

The "woke stuff" of today is something else. These so-called "queens" look like modern day clowns and I DO NOT understand targeting children with this crap. And THAT is what I find offensive and unacceptable! I know nothing about the Disney character referenced and I am going to keep it that way!

Old 08-12-2022, 02:42 PM

4,656 posts, read 1,949,182 times
At first i was like how is this appropriate for kids. But assuming this is true it did say "marvel movie". A lot of Marvel movies are for teens and above so in which case I dont care. Dont get me wrong it's likely a stupid business decision because they usually shove such characters in to earn "woke" points and they have nothing else to do with the plot or necessarily make any sense win the overall feeling of the film.

As someone said Birdcage was a great movie most of us found fun to watch. And lately I have been watching Nash Bridges on reruns which I never watched while on the air. And they have plenty of unusual characters including drag queens etc in the show and it works because it's San Francisco and they fit it into the character of the Show. Its not done to promote a viewpoint or push an ideology. The fact that word is being pushed out(assuming this is true)about a Trans character it seems they are deliberately doing it for those "woke" points. Otherwise why not just make the show and if a trans character shows up you dont even mention it as part of any plot line. The character is just there no different then any other character.

Old 08-12-2022, 02:46 PM

24,396 posts, read 23,053,611 times
The next Black Panther sounds to be pretty kinky. Why not just have Ru Paul play him?

Old 08-12-2022, 03:56 PM

78,352 posts, read 60,556,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Milton Berle loved a drag queen skit.
Cannot rep....so will just invoke image of scooby doo and shaggy circa 1970s

https://comics.ha.com/itm/animation-...122003-15923.s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies