Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2022, 05:27 AM

45,303 posts, read 60,463,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Back then there weren't vaccines for everything under the sun. I think it was early 70’s when it started
Polio became mandatory around 1960 or. We were given it, a shot, in school. I want to say 1st or 2nd Grade, so somewhere 1960-62.

Old 08-12-2022, 05:29 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,104,921 times
“The majority of the people with polio don’t have symptoms and so can spread the virus without knowing it.”

Where have we heard that before? It’s not exactly how they make it out to be in either case.

And why are we vaccinating for something where “the majority of people don’t have symptoms”? Sorry y’all but polio is not the super scary thing it’s been made out to be for the past century. The fact remains that paralysis risk is minuscule. Your risk of developing GBS from the flu shot is probably higher.

Old 08-12-2022, 06:18 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,929,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
If you go back a few generations, most Americans got polio at one point. Usually as kids. And the stories like the above were rare. Polio is generally mild, gastrointestinal illness.

Peanuts will cause more severe reactions in a higher % of people than polio.
It astounds me how brainwashed people are regarding polio. People really believe that millions died and were paralyzed.

Here's a graph that show cases and deaths in the US.

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/r...tes-since-1910

Frankly, the flu stats that have now *suddenly* disappeared from the media are more *scary* than the polio stats. And more women die per year from cervical cancer which is exceedingly rare than male AND female who died from polio each year.

People just need to be terrorized by government medical propaganda. And NYC is ground zero.

Old 08-12-2022, 06:52 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,942,009 times
It amazes me how many anti vaxxers we have on City Data.

Old 08-12-2022, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
It amazes me how many anti vaxxers we have on City Data.
How many people died of polio in the US in 1950?

Old 08-12-2022, 07:11 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,942,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
How many people died of polio in the US in 1950?
Just because more people lived than died doesn't make it ok for those who died. Then there were the people who were left disabled for life after having polio. They matter.

Most people knew someone or knew of someone who had polio back then. I went to elementary school with a girl who wore a metal brace on her leg to be able to walk. Her leg muscles were totally wasted from polio.

Old 08-12-2022, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Just because more people lived than died doesn't make it ok for those who died. Then there were the people who were left disabled for life after having polio. They matter.

Most people knew someone or knew of someone who had polio back then. I went to elementary school with a girl who wore a metal brace on her leg to be able to walk. Her leg muscles were totally wasted from polio.
How many cases per year?

How many were paralyzed?

How many deaths?

Old 08-12-2022, 07:17 AM

78,271 posts, read 60,492,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
No, the discovery of a polio outbreak in NYC is weeks old. It's a water supply problem.
...and a lack of immunization problem.

But I don't care, I can't and won't force them. Sometimes people are so hard headed that their community is going to have to suffer a pile of dead and crippled babies before they have a revelation.

Old 08-12-2022, 07:35 AM

18,997 posts, read 27,536,451 times
About ten or so years ago, I read article in one of them popular science magazines.Wish I remebered exact name. Anyhow. Article was about outbreak of polio in Britain. Cause was determined as - polio vaccine. Apparently, pathogen in it was flushed out with human feces into the nature, then there mixed with the normal fauna food, and ending in animals, normally consumed by humans, like pigs.

Just saying.

Of course, NOW, there is no "proof" to vaccine shedding. Outside of maybe voices like this:
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-61915794
Haven't we been through similar with COVID vaccines? Shedding virus by vaccinated?

Old 08-12-2022, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
About ten or so years ago, I read article in one of them popular science magazines.Wish I remebered exact name. Anyhow. Article was about outbreak of polio in Britain. Cause was determined as - polio vaccine. Apparently, pathogen in it was flushed out with human feces into the nature, then there mixed with the normal fauna food, and ending in animals, normally consumed by humans, like pigs.

Just saying.

Of course, NOW, there is no "proof" to vaccine shedding. Outside of maybe voices like this:
https://www.bbc.com/news/health-61915794
Haven't we been through similar with COVID vaccines? Shedding virus by vaccinated?
Polio has never actually disappeared.

They rename the condition and give it basically the same symptoms. Do a little tweaking here and there for the diagnosis. Or just change the criteria outright. What was once polio is now NOT polio.

And since it's called something else or diagnosis can't be made? Well it's not polio. Poof, polio gone. Smoke and mirrors.

People don't understand the shell game that is played with health.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.