Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2022, 09:09 AM

10,846 posts, read 4,525,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
The IRS increasing is only an affront to paranoid folks, and they have always had guns.

Criminals are still held accountable, and crime rates rise and fall with time.

Yes, I think lots of people expected a post-covid recession and inflation.

I'm quite sure Biden knows he's alive, but you saying otherwise says a bit more about you.

Switzerland and Italy have wide open borders, USA where people die and get arrested trying to sneak across the dessert does not.

A former president's home being raided only instills fear in his cultists.

In summary, none of your points makes the tired fear-mongering trope about the democrats taking your retirement savings away a reality. But keep on quivering in your boots, I'm sure you've got a long list of scary things to worry about so take your time! That must be hard on you mentally.

could not help but noticing you are not even *in* this country, yet tell us what to think?

pretty organic definition of chutzpah no?

you could read...I know, I know, hard, but from annuity watch, a non partisan non profit organization run by...wait for it....retirees (i.e. the most affected)

Quote:
Recent evidence suggests government officials continue to eye the multi-trillion dollar private retirement savings market, including IRAs and 401(k) plans, eyeing the opportunity to redistribute private retirement savings to less affluent Americans and to force the retirement savings out of the private market and into

its even rooted in the 'Green new Deal' (3:H and 3:k:iii) she says so and she would never lie.

the idea of taking wealthy retirement nests and giving all or a part of them to low/no nests is not NEW within the left. But it HAS been introduced as no fewer than 3 house bills.

Good thing you dont worry about that in france
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2022, 09:17 AM

25,729 posts, read 12,800,389 times
Social Security is a Ponzi scheme, and it will implode unless the Feds change the rules of the game.

The easiest rule to change is to means test the payouts, & play Robin Hood...take from the rich , so the poor will keep getting their checks. Demonize successful wealthy people so everyone else will feel justifed stealing their SS payouts.

This is all ineviteable...just a matter of when. They'll start by taking wealthy people's payouts, then it will begin to creep downward until everyone above the poverty level will not get what they were promised.

Gov't is not your friend, and they are not here to help you, especially if you are in the top 2%-43%...you are their TARGET.

The bottom 57% pay no net federal income taxes, so they have no value to the feds, other than as payroll tax payers, but dont make much payroll to tax anyways. The top 1% have all kinds of tax loopholes, so its the 43% in the upper middle class that has a huge target on their wallets.

in addition to means testing SS payouts, they'll also keep changing the 401k & IRA payout rules so mor of that gets taxed too.

Old 08-12-2022, 09:19 AM

13,955 posts, read 5,621,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Gov't is not your friend, and they are not here to help you, especially if you are in the top 2%-43%...you are their TARGET.
Facts

Old 08-12-2022, 09:24 AM

10,846 posts, read 4,525,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Social Security is a Ponzi scheme, and it will implode unless the Feds change the rules of the game.

The easiest rule to change is to means test the payouts, & play Robin Hood...take from the rich , so the poor will keep getting their checks. Demonize successful wealthy people so everyone else will feel justifed stealing their SS payouts.

This is all ineviteable...just a matter of when. They'll start by taking wealthy people's payouts, then it will begin to creep downward until everyone above the poverty level will not get what they were promised.

The bottom 57% pay no net federal income taxes, so they have no value to the feds, other than as payroll tax payers, but dont make much payroll to tax anyways. The top 1% have all kinds of tax loopholes, so its the 43% in the upper middle class that has a huge target on their wallets.

in addition to means testing SS payouts, they'll also keep changing the 401k & IRA payout rules so mor of that gets taxed too.

the proposal that got passed in the spending bill is to force minimum disbursements from wealthy 401s and to disallow deferred contributions over a certain amount...

by doing that they force more taxable income into the system each year and the disbursements cant be put somewhere else tax deferred and they also double tax contributions over the max.

at that point, pay the tax on your income and matress it, BUT! cash on hand in large amounts is ALSO not allowed. They can confiscate it at will since you cannot show the audit trail that you really did dunk $100 each paycheck all your life.

funny part is, every single large dnc contributor falls under this, so there has to be an out somewhere...

in a couple years my IBM pension and gubmint TESP start forcing monthly checks LONG before I pull the plug, so they get taxed at over twice the rate, had I been actually retired. so our plan is to take whatever slice they leave us with and dump into the house

Old 08-12-2022, 11:30 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Should democrats be able to dip into your retirement savings?

I just saw this question being asked in a survey graphic on a webpage I was visiting. Yikes. I can't post the graphic here but Yikes!

Ordinarily I'd say this is crazy and would never happen but each day now is crazier and sicker. This is just another thing to worry about with the horrible people we have in office. They don't help you but want to take everything they can from you.

I never ever worried about my safety or these type things happening with Trump in office. These are scary times when you have the IRS increasing and carrying guns and the dems wanting to arrest Trump...and you know they will because no one can stop it from happening no matter if he is innocent or guilty, he will be arrested and you know it.
Since you provide no context in the OP for your comments on the thread title, it is impossible to give a rational answer. Do you have a link?

Old 08-12-2022, 12:18 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Should democrats be able to dip into your retirement savings?
Does this question have any basis in fact, or is this question just a Republican fantasy to create yet another conspiracy theory to rave about?

Old 08-12-2022, 12:21 PM

10,471 posts, read 6,982,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Since you provide no context in the OP for your comments on the thread title, it is impossible to give a rational answer. Do you have a link?
Don't Democrats support big/want big Government? Its complete different theocracies here. The OP is very right, if the Government will dip into the 401k's it will be the Democrats, just like FDR did and Republicans opposed it.

Old 08-12-2022, 12:39 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
The way they are going to dip into your retirement savings, is they are going to say, "You saved too much. We are not going to give you the social security money that you paid into your entire life."

Money is fungible.

It's ALL your money.

They will start taking away from you in the ways that appear to be least invasive, and work their way up to the more invasive, as they see fit.

But make no mistake, there is no difference between them taking away your social security that you paid into, or taking money directly from your 401K.

It is just a trick to make you feel a little less violated.
I know you're smart enough to know that the money you pay into Social Security is not a personal deposit. Your choice of phrasing is intentionally misleading. It's not a savings account.

We pay for those that are collecting now - we hope that others are still paying when we get to the age where we can start collecting.

Old 08-12-2022, 12:40 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Does this question have any basis in fact, or is this question just a Republican fantasy to create yet another conspiracy theory to rave about?
The 2nd option.

Old 08-12-2022, 12:48 PM

9,124 posts, read 6,174,802 times
Once personal guns are gone, the government can do anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies