Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2022, 07:06 AM

9,978 posts, read 7,664,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Nothing should surprise us anymore. The democrats are sneaky and they will bury their agenda in some Bill with a cute name, pass it and then we have to deal with the fallout.

I would not be surprised if they did tap our retirement funds at a higher tax rate or some other scheme because you know "Equity". In their minds it just is not fair that you worked hard and put some money away when some people don't work and have nothing for their future. Why should those people with nothing suffer when you have so much?

The Democrats flat out do not like people that can take care of themselves because they cannot be controlled. Independent Thought is Bad and Independent Wealth is also Bad.
Great post as always!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2022, 07:17 AM

10,412 posts, read 4,260,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Sounds like it came from a right-wing nut job web site, or a Russian/Chinese spam site designed to instill fear.

Silly thought. Not going to happen unless we get a LONG way from where we currently stand economically, socially, legislatively, and just about any other dynamic you can consider.

But it does stir up conversation, however ridiculous.

no, its actually true and a quick search shows a movement by the squad (et al) to have your salary (regardless of where you work) put into a GOVERNMENT bank account and you get 'paid' according to a schedule they set. of course this goes hand in hand with everyone in vertical housing projects in cities along with the discouragement (outlawing?) of single family home ownership.

we could say these regressive plans have snowballs chance in hell of making it, but we could have said that about a LOT of stuff in play today that was pure nut job territory 10 years ago.

SS is broke in 5 years possibly. 10 for sure, unless a change is made. I retire from the gubmnt in 9 yrs 4 months and cannot say for sure, I will get what I am promised or paid into. SS has always been a 'b*tch fund' for the dems to dip into. *thats why they created it* but us cretins started living longer.

Old 08-12-2022, 07:19 AM

19,977 posts, read 8,882,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Read my post. Many, many, many democrats believe that millionaires shouldn't receive social security.

Most of those millionaires are millionaires because of their retirement savings.

In other words, democrats want them to be penalized because of their retirement savings.

What is the difference whether they take away their social security money, or take the money directly from their 401k?

The person still loses the same amount of money, all for the crime of "saving too much".
Agreed, Democrats want to means test Social Security, your net worth too much? No SS for you!

Old 08-12-2022, 07:25 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,995,298 times
Democrat, Republican it matters not to me, they see a pile of money they'll try to get their hands on it. It's what politicians do.

Old 08-12-2022, 07:33 AM

1,597 posts, read 851,918 times
I have long thought that Democrats would eventually seriously discuss confiscating 401K balances to shore up Social Security when it becomes insolvent. They'll make some gesture to juice the SS benefits of those they take from and say that they're getting their money back, but it won't change the fact that it's outright stealing.

It's part of why I only contribute enough to get the full match from my company and do my own investing outside of retirement accounts with my excess funds.

Old 08-12-2022, 07:36 AM

10,189 posts, read 6,741,292 times
Of course politicians could dip into your 401ks. We have seen this happen around the world, and Democrats did this in the 1930's seizing citizens gold, and history will surely repeat itself.

Old 08-12-2022, 07:39 AM

25,420 posts, read 9,732,481 times
No.

Old 08-12-2022, 07:47 AM

4,486 posts, read 1,842,446 times
There are a lot of “right wing conspiracies” that have come true…..

Old 08-12-2022, 07:49 AM

18,423 posts, read 15,169,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Agreed, Democrats want to means test Social Security, your net worth too much? No SS for you!
The democrats are always trying to change social security into something that it is not.

Another thing they often try to do is remove the limit on FICA taxes that we pay in.

This might be slightly less disgusting, if they in turn, removed the limit on the payment you get in retirement. But they don't.

I repeat, they want us to pay an unlimited amount into it, while preserving the limit on what we get paid out, and possibly removing our retirement payment altogether if we "have too much money" saved up.

They have no shame.

Old 08-12-2022, 07:52 AM

9,674 posts, read 4,499,936 times
Not only do they want your money if the control your money they control you.

The tax code is about 6800 pages long which means it's very easy for them to find something on your return. The US is already one of the most 'criminalized' nations in the world with the average American committing 3 crimes a day.

https://irisreading.com/how-long-wou...-u-s-tax-code/

https://www.mic.com/articles/86797/8...t-realizing-it

It was noted up thread but a leftist government does not want people that are financially independent. They want dependence on the government like a junky on crack.

That means a lot of chipping away, nickel and dimming until one has almost nothing if they're lucky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies