Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2022, 03:01 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechAndy View Post
I think some people are going to need counseling before all is well with them.
Have any of them had covid so much as once? I've had covid twice and not paranoid about getting it again. Both times were fairly mild, but would rather not get it again. Hopefully, Paxlovid will still be effective for future cases.

Old 08-13-2022, 03:15 AM

5,052 posts, read 3,955,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies View Post
Yeah, just ignore it and it'll go away. Not like covid is a disease still killing thousands daily worldwide, or leaving many others with long term damage.

Yeah, we'll just close our eyes and pretend it's just a cold and everything is normal. The ignorance and stupidity, particularly of conservative americans is just incredible.

Not to mention the total lack of consideration or compassion or respect for others who may get sick or be killed because you will not take basic precautions is reprehensible. Together we could have controlled this disease. But instead the ignorant right chose "mah freedom." Well choke on it. I have nothing but contempt left for those who refuse to take any mitigation efforts to protect others.
Even the Covid-crazed (or at least 99% of them) finally realize the vaccinated routinely get infected and spread the disease. And this has been a distinguishing hallmark of the virus (and the vaccine) throughout the pandemic.

Yes, some folks were eager to sow division and discord so they pretended not to know while others were tricked by the word ‘breakthrough’ into believing such occurrences were rare.

Old 08-13-2022, 07:29 AM

8,231 posts, read 3,490,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Where do you live at?

Not the case for me...
Kentucky

Old 08-13-2022, 07:48 AM

20,046 posts, read 20,850,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Where do you live at?

Not the case for me...
That’s been an on/off practice for years.
When something is going around hospitals may require muzzling at their discretion or cdc guidance.
I clearly remember the SARS outbreak some hospitals near me required muzzles. Also during a few really bad flu seasons. But it wasn’t the big friggin deal it is with the covid nonsense.

Old 08-13-2022, 08:26 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,076,286 times
Yeah I have had it twice as well.
The first time was covid v1.0 and that took about a month to pass the upper respiratory infection.
I’m a senior citizen and never once did I feel nervous about it.
The second time was omicron.
Omicron was extremely mild for my family, friends, associates and I.
We had a small sinus infection and a light fever that lasted a day and a half.
I compare it to a 4-5 day cold.

There are a few posters that think omicron is more serious than the flu.
That is nothing but poppycock.
These are the people that need mental counseling.

Having the flu hurts.
The symptoms are much greater than omicron.
Omicron does not give you extreme high fever, vomiting, diarrhea, dehydration or muscle cramps.
I know a very large group of people that have had omicron all say the same.

Anyone that says different is flat out lying to further their sick mental agendas.
Covid was defeated a long time ago and it is now time to move on.

Old 08-13-2022, 08:46 AM

880 posts, read 564,832 times

Are they going to change back the definition of immunizations and vaccine? Or is that now forever changed?

Old 08-13-2022, 09:33 AM

3,811 posts, read 4,692,387 times
Quote:
Yeah, just ignore it and it'll go away. Not like covid is a disease still killing thousands daily worldwide, or leaving many others with long term damage.

Yeah, we'll just close our eyes and pretend it's just a cold and everything is normal. The ignorance and stupidity, particularly of conservative americans is just incredible.

Not to mention the total lack of consideration or compassion or respect for others who may get sick or be killed because you will not take basic precautions is reprehensible. Together we could have controlled this disease. But instead the ignorant right chose "mah freedom." Well choke on it. I have nothing but contempt left for those who refuse to take any mitigation efforts to protect others.
So what do you propose? Because covid is not going away in our lifetime. All we can hope is it continues down a path that our bodies react more positive in fighting it so that it's like a bad cold.

But I'll ask again. What do you propose?

Old 08-13-2022, 09:39 AM

3,811 posts, read 4,692,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Of course the CDC will relax Covid guidelines. We are in a far better place now vs when the pandemic started with no tools and a lying president. We've had two presidents with Covid now. One was in serious trouble and in the hospital, the other just had to isolate. That should tell you right there how serious this bug is. Even the two most protected men on the planet were not safe against this highly contagious SARS virus.

What's the difference now? Paxlovid, vaccines, access to the right masks.

Worldometer is reporting that 6,449,589 people have died from Covid world wide so far. There are still 593,557,442 confirmed cases in 228 countries.

Unfortunately, 429,000 people have died from Covid since vaccines became available, and is still the leading cause of death in our country.

We are still wearing N95 or KN95 masks because my cardiologist doesn't want me getting Covid again. He is trying to keep my two bad heart valves going well into my 80's when he suspects that I will need replacements. They only last about ten years and he said he sees me going into my 90's. Multiple replacements are not recommended.

Young people need to go out there and keep the economy going. People like me have to stay isolated. It stinks, but we live the hand we are dealt.
I hope you stay well but as a younger person I appreciate you understanding what you just said. Sad thing is you're one who actually has a legit reason to take measures to keep you safe & there are people younger than me that still want to impose restrictions when we have vaccines to help fight this virus.

I actually think silver linings of covid should be practiced. For example, if enough people go to the grocery stores over the age of say 60 years old. It would be nice if they were allowed to go for 1 hour early in the morning on certain days to just lower the risk of catching covid. I think that was done in some parts of the country.

Old 08-13-2022, 09:51 AM

18,547 posts, read 15,584,312 times
Quote:

Heart disease kills more every year than covid. So by your logic, giving people processed food full of added sugar should be even more morally reprehensible, no?

If not, why does that get a pass but ignoring covid guidelines doesn’t?

Old 08-13-2022, 09:58 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,964,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Masks are still required at medical care places. Not back to normal.
Just don't wear one. Simple. No one has asked me to put one on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies