Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2022, 01:13 PM

6,338 posts, read 2,689,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio516 View Post
Y'all need to get out more.

Denmark stopped their vaccine program in MAY.

The Danish Health Authority plans to ramp back up in the fall/winter, INCLUDING giving shots to everyone 5+
https://www.sst.dk/en/english/corona...ainst-covid-19
That article was written in June, this announcement was made this week. So apparently the "plan" has changed.

Denmark's order against the restrictions for anyone under 18 goes farther than has been done by other Countries. They aren't saying that they just are not going to force it, they aren't just saying they don't recommend it. They are saying that you can not get it if you are under 18 unless your doctor has a very good reason for giving it.

But back to their "plan". At this point, it would be a fairly safe bet that no "ramping up" takes place. People are done with COVID all over the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2022, 01:26 PM

17,578 posts, read 6,878,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
That article was written in June, this announcement was made this week. So apparently the "plan" has changed.

Denmark's order against the restrictions for anyone under 18 goes farther than has been done by other Countries. They aren't saying that they just are not going to force it, they aren't just saying they don't recommend it. They are saying that you can not get it if you are under 18 unless your doctor has a very good reason for giving it.

But back to their "plan". At this point, it would be a fairly safe bet that no "ramping up" takes place. People are done with COVID all over the world.
The COVIDIANS are distraught that so many are giving up the COVID religion. They never will, but at least we can identify them by their ridiculous masks.

Old 08-12-2022, 01:31 PM

18,800 posts, read 8,457,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
It doesn't take a doctor to read statistics and understand the point being made. Only a brain. Children are at near zero risk from covid--the stats are crystal clear. That's a fact. If you need a doctor to tell you that, you probably have no business here.
High risk immuno-compromised kids may benefit from the vaccines. Like recent Stem/organ transplants on immune-suppressive meds. Of course not common. But the decision should be left to the doc, and family.

Old 08-12-2022, 01:33 PM

17,578 posts, read 6,878,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
High risk immuno-compromised kids may benefit from the vaccines. Like recent Stem/organ transplants on immune-suppressive meds. Of course not common. But the decision should be left to the doc, and family.
What study are you relying on to make this assertion?

Old 08-12-2022, 01:39 PM

15,799 posts, read 6,513,604 times
It just sounds like an expedient decision based on risk analysis of the current circumstances. Nothing wrong with that. I wouldn't necessarily be surprised to see it reversed in the future, depending on infection/hospitalization trends.

Old 08-12-2022, 02:03 PM

18,800 posts, read 8,457,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
It just sounds like an expedient decision based on risk analysis of the current circumstances. Nothing wrong with that. I wouldn't necessarily be surprised to see it reversed in the future, depending on infection/hospitalization trends.
There does not seem to be much data.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8661652/

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/...694/mja2.51444

My wife has a tele visit soon with her stem cell transplant doc, and I'll ask him directly.

Old 08-12-2022, 05:30 PM

3,113 posts, read 937,221 times
Quote:
The most immunocompromised people are infants who rely on their mothers breast milk for antibodies. Yet their risk of severe COVID is 0 (inside a rounding error).

Despite what was said, being immunocompromised is not a risk factor.

Regardless current variants don’t cause severe disease.

Regardless current vaccines don’t protect against transmission or disease against current variants so all you’re doing is subjecting kids to needless harms.

The lay person I can forgive. But you as a Doc are violating your oath to do no harm by advocating for vaccines for kids (really anyone at this stage!)

Last edited by AfricanSunset; 08-12-2022 at 05:47 PM..

Old 08-12-2022, 06:27 PM

37,085 posts, read 41,201,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
The most immunocompromised people are infants who rely on their mothers breast milk for antibodies. Yet their risk of severe COVID is 0 (inside a rounding error).

Despite what was said, being immunocompromised is not a risk factor.

Regardless current variants don’t cause severe disease.

Regardless current vaccines don’t protect against transmission or disease against current variants so all you’re doing is subjecting kids to needless harms.

The lay person I can forgive. But you as a Doc are violating your oath to do no harm by advocating for vaccines for kids (really anyone at this stage!)
Of course being immunocompromised is a risk factor. Child on chemo for leukemia with almost no white blood cells and you think he is not at risk?

Current variants are still killing people, including children.

https://nypost.com/2022/03/12/one-th...omicron-surge/

Old 08-12-2022, 06:48 PM

11,012 posts, read 5,966,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Of course being immunocompromised is a risk factor. Child on chemo for leukemia with almost no white blood cells and you think he is not at risk?

Current variants are still killing people, including children.

https://nypost.com/2022/03/12/one-th...omicron-surge/
How does the covid vaxx help immunocompromised people? Perhaps I should be asking Hoonose.

Quote:
So, Hoonose, how does the vaxx help immuno-compromised kids?

Why I ask is because I know of one or two people who were immuno-compromised and who had been vaxxed and who died from covid. Allegedly, they died due to being immuno-compromised, so the vaxx didn't work for them - because they were immuno-compromised.

Getting back to suzy_q, in my parts, the current covid variants are indeed killing young young kids. We are not being told the circumstances though. For all I know it could be the leukemia patients.

It is a bit frustrating not being given the full details although it doesn't really concern me since my own family members kids have all had covid and survived, including my two very young grandies. But still, I would like to know.

Old 08-12-2022, 06:51 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,132,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
It NEVER made sense to vaccine kids... unless there was another agenda at hand.
What could it be? I mean, other than $$$$, power, and control over entire populations? But I know our Great Leaders better than that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies