Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2022, 05:53 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
NGO news: The path of flexible power

A Chronicals. 2003. By Michel Rocard.

What are the objectives of the Collegium International Ethics, Political and Scientific Association?

The initiative was proposed in New York in February 2002 by a group of statesmen and academics inspired by the intellectual and moral leadership of the President of Slovenia, Milan Kucan, and by the aspirations expressed in the millennium message of Secretary-General Kofi Annan. We are all deeply concerned about the deterioration of the planet, the loss of ecological balance, deforestation and climate change, which are profoundly affecting our lives, as well as the lack of effective remedies to deal with epidemics, such as AIDS and malaria. We felt the need to overcome the scandalous differences in human family members' access to basic public goods that lead to new forms of violence, war and terrorism. Obviously, a new effort is needed to improve the quality of global governance, an effort that can be undertaken by a collective body composed of philosophers, economists, sociologists and biologists, as well as by heads of government, past and present, who have demonstrated great democratic efficiency and whose efforts impose respect.

Thus constituted, the Collegium aims to meet specific challenges and offer recommendations or advice on actions to be taken to improve global governance. Our call has already been signed by about sixty personalities from all parts of the world who share the conviction that the Collegium can help forge a new ambitious vision of the future. As you can see, it is a path of "flexible power" rather than "hard power". The recommendations presented by the Collegium will not be binding on anyone.
https://web.archive.org/web/20210518...ir-souple.html

Quote:
The bioeconomy of the last chance

The World. June 28, 2011. By René Passet.

Is there a more important and urgent economic problem than the survival of humanity? In 2050, the world will have about 9 billion inhabitants, all legitimately aspiring to the living standards of the currently developed peoples. However, the generalization of current European or American standards would require a quantity of resources representing 4 to 7 times those available to our planet without exhausting its productive heritage.
https://web.archive.org/web/20210518...re-chance.html

So what does a world of “global equity” look like if the people who control it think the only way for everyone to live like Americans would be to only have 1.6 billion people but you have 8 billion people on the planet? Why, that means either a lot of people are set to expire, a lot of people are set to lose a significant portion of their standard of living or some combination of both.

Next time the left promises you something like lower prescription drug prices, 10 years of paid maternity leave, “free” healthcare, a “saving” of democracy, think about all of that and ask yourself, “what would Thomas Malthus do?”

WWTMD
JACL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2022, 07:57 PM

2,008 posts, read 1,247,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
The report aid eggs are up 38% July 2022 versus July 2021...no way!

I was buying eggs for $1.28/doz late year, and now they are $3.49/doz for same size same brand same store.
Same in Western NY state.

Old 08-12-2022, 08:26 PM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAct41 View Post
Same in Western NY state.
Eggs here last July were about $1.65 to $1.85 a dozen. Now they are $3.65 to $3.85 -- although just about three months ago or, they were $4.39 a dozen. (That was when there was an egg shortage due to the bird flu, or whatever they called it.)

Old 08-12-2022, 10:15 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,815,444 times
For the past few years at my Duane Reade downstairs, Kettle Chips were always on sale 2 bags for $5, now its $7.

And everything I eat that's packaged has definitely had shrinkflation (smaller portions) like frozen dinners and even Atkins bars.

Old 08-12-2022, 10:25 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Who needs food when children can have sex change operations at 3 years old thanks to democrats??? Priorities folks, priorities...
Source?

Old 08-13-2022, 09:20 AM

24,456 posts, read 17,203,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
I thought it was the "Putin tax".

Make up your minds people.

Yes, when inflation was on the way up it was "Putin's Tax, Putin's Price Hike" and even Trump was blamed but now that at least gas is coming down a bit and Biden is taking victory bow let's not forget that it is still $1.50+ more than what we were paying under Trump.. So let's give the credit where it is due and call it "Putin's tax break". We could even call it Putin's Deflation.

I think most of us would be happy if Biden was actually honest with us for once and tell it like it is.

Old 08-13-2022, 09:44 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Yes, when inflation was on the way up it was "Putin's Tax, Putin's Price Hike" and even Trump was blamed but now that at least gas is coming down a bit and Biden is taking victory bow let's not forget that it is still $1.50+ more than what we were paying under Trump.. So let's give the credit where it is due and call it "Putin's tax break". We could even call it Putin's Deflation.

I think most of us would be happy if Biden was actually honest with us for once and tell it like it is.
liberals are never honest....

look at the title of the bill..."Inflation reduction act"...yet it will not reduce inflation one iota , in fact with spending OFF BUDGET it will increase inflation, increase the deficit, increase the debt, do hardly anything to actually reduce the price of medications, wont reduce the carbon footprint of the USA, and NOT make electric cars nor your electric bills any cheaper... the whole bill is a fascist liberal lie

Old 08-13-2022, 10:25 AM

14,215 posts, read 4,586,282 times
Didn’t you get the memo? Leftists still believe that Biden is doing a fantastic job.

I guess these Biden’s nuthuggers don’t eat and drive

Old 08-13-2022, 10:28 AM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Didn’t you get the memo? Leftists still believe that Biden is doing a fantastic job.

I guess these Biden’s nuthuggers don’t eat and drive
It is my belief that most of Biden's supporters are "limousine liberals" who don't care how much things cost or people who are some kind of government assistance program who don't pay for all of their food out of their own paychecks.

I think that i is only retirees who live under a strict budget and those who work at least 40 hours a week and make less than $100,000 a year that inflation affects -- and we all know that many (if not most) Biden supporters could not care less about those people, meaning most of us posting here.

Last edited by katharsis; 08-13-2022 at 10:41 AM..

Old 08-13-2022, 10:36 AM

4,933 posts, read 3,044,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I think that i is only retirees who live under a strict budget and those who work at least 40 hours a week and make less than $100,000 a year that inflation affects -- and we all know that the leftists could not care less about those people.

Well they should, as 74% of voters make less than six figures.
And yeah, those eggs have definitely gone way up as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies