Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2022, 02:04 PM

1,711 posts, read 807,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I do not pay a membership-fee to shop for groceries.

A 5.5-pound chicken at about $1.30 a pound is what I usually see.

Oh yeah, I do want to eat chicken pumped with a bunch of junk, so Costco roasted-chicken is
out.
Just back from the store. Perdue chx was on sale for $1,50.

2 liter coke, 2 for $5.00 (recently $0.99)

Carton of 12 12oz cans $7.99 (recently 3 for $10.00)

Fancy Feast cat food 10 for $9.00 (recently 10 for $6.00)

85% hamburger $5.49

XL eggs $2.19 per dozen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2022, 02:09 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
We had 4 great years under Trump. Branden has managed to ruin everything.
By doing what? By ordering prices to go up on everything every month?

I don't recall Obama raising prices on everything.

Old 08-14-2022, 02:18 PM

8,418 posts, read 4,575,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
By doing what? By ordering prices to go up on everything every month?

I don't recall Obama raising prices on everything.

Hey, the buck stops with Biden, right?

Old 08-14-2022, 02:44 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
liberals are never honest....

look at the title of the bill..."Inflation reduction act"...yet it will not reduce inflation one iota , in fact with spending OFF BUDGET it will increase inflation, increase the deficit, increase the debt, do hardly anything to actually reduce the price of medications, wont reduce the carbon footprint of the USA, and NOT make electric cars nor your electric bills any cheaper... the whole bill is a fascist liberal lie
Groceries are higher for sure, if you are fortunate to find what you are shopping for.
I’ve lived with that before and can deal with it. I cook, and I know how to shop for sales.

I can do anything about the price of Electricity. Natural Gas (which provides most of it) is at $8.76, more that double from a year ago. TeamBiden just slapped a brand new TAX on it — it will go higher.

I’m paying $200 a month more now than even one year ago. Good for me that we don’t have really cold winters - bad for those of you that do. We have another “Dark Winter” coming as Biden promised last year.

Old 08-15-2022, 05:27 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Here's what Biden said. Didn't quite work out that way, did it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VArXfQU--LA
He should have said that your chances of being hospitalized or dying are far less if you`re vaccinated. This isn`t impeachable. The previous president said it would disappear "like a miracle" and it`s a Democratic hoax. Why are you giving him a pass? His lies killed thousands and most of them were his own redhat goobers.
https://www.koin.com/news/deadly-par...ger-than-ever/

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-pers...ovid-19-deaths

Old 08-15-2022, 05:54 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
He should have said that your chances of being hospitalized or dying are far less if you`re vaccinated. This isn`t impeachable. The previous president said it would disappear "like a miracle" and it`s a Democratic hoax. Why are you giving him a pass? His lies killed thousands and most of them were his own redhat goobers.
https://www.koin.com/news/deadly-par...ger-than-ever/

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-pers...ovid-19-deaths
Way to move the goalposts.

We were told -very clearly - get the vaccines and covid will end. It was a pandemic of the unvaccinated, and so forth. Vaccines aren't for the purposes of lessening symptoms by the way.

Biden lied and hopefully he will be impeached for his many crimes.

Old 08-15-2022, 09:52 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Way to move the goalposts.

We were told -very clearly - get the vaccines and covid will end. It was a pandemic of the unvaccinated, and so forth. Vaccines aren't for the purposes of lessening symptoms by the way.

Biden lied and hopefully he will be impeached for his many crimes.
Kicking Trump`s butt is not an impeachable offense or a crime and I take my medical advice from doctors, not politicians. Did you not notice that as more people got vaccinated the Covid slacked off considerably? The unvaccinated who died committed suicide and we`re better off because of it. I`m a Silver Lining kind of person.

Old 08-15-2022, 10:26 AM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Good thing for the poor that inflation is good for them and bad for the rich. #CNN

But hey, it's not real or just temporary.

Old 08-15-2022, 10:43 AM

52,253 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Food prices have been going up for awhile. I noticed that they are also reducing the amount/quantity for the same price. There's a fancy term for it, but I forget what it is right now.

I'm not rich at all, but we're in a little bit better position than young people. I've owned my condo for many years now an have a relatively inexpensive mortgage comparing the rentals around my neighborhood.

It's tougher on younger people that generally make less than older experienced workers, loosely saying.

Old 08-15-2022, 11:56 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Food prices have been going up for awhile. I noticed that they are also reducing the amount/quantity for the same price. There's a fancy term for it, but I forget what it is right now.

I'm not rich at all, but we're in a little bit better position than young people. I've owned my condo for many years now an have a relatively inexpensive mortgage comparing the rentals around my neighborhood.

It's tougher on younger people that generally make less than older experienced workers, loosely saying.
Shrinkflation? I think I read that term on C-D a couple of days ago referring to that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies