Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2022, 01:06 PM

6,620 posts, read 5,006,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Previous thread mocking Roy Moore... he just cashed out.

At the end of the day - mission accomplishment by the Democrats by tying him up in the courts. This is the same strategy they are seeking against Trump and the FBI raid - as stated by Clinton lawyer Marc Elias.

Roy Moore wins defamation case against Democratic PAC, jury awards him $8.2M

A federal jury awarded Republican Roy Moore $8.2 million in damages Friday after finding a Democratic-aligned super PAC defamed him in a TV ad recounting sexual misconduct accusations during his failed 2017 U.S. Senate bid in Alabama.

Jurors found the Senate Majority PAC made false and defamatory statements against Moore in one ad that attempted to highlight the accusations against Moore. The verdict, returned by a jury after a brief trial in Anniston, Alabama, was a victory for Moore, who has lost other defamation lawsuits, including one against comedian Sacha Baron Cohen.

Moore, a former Republican judge known for his hardline stances opposing same-sex marriage and supporting the public display of Ten Commandments, lost the 2017 Senate race after his campaign was rocked by misconduct allegations against him. Leigh Corfman told The Washington Post and said Moore sexually touched her in 1979 when she was 14 and he was a 32-year-old assistant district attorney. Moore denied the accusation.
This is one specific ad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2022, 01:20 PM

6 posts, read 1,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
Great now do, hannity, kilmeade and Tucker.
Speaking of Tucker, anyone notice that he’s been MIA?

Old 08-14-2022, 02:42 PM

14,215 posts, read 4,586,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Nice deflection, anything relevant to Roy Moore.

Why is it so difficult to stay on topic.
“Nice deflection” = I ONLY believe women who cry sexual assault as long as the perpetrator is NOT a democrat

Old 08-14-2022, 02:49 PM

57,229 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Actually, you’re the one deflecting by refusing to explain any difference between Moore’s situation and Biden’s situation. We understand why you won’t.
The subject is Roy Moore, he lost all the other defamation suits other than this one. This network edited video in their casting. The substance of the story remains with his interest in underage girls. We will see how the appeal turns out since this wasn’t the only news source carrying the story, they were not alone.

Old 08-14-2022, 02:52 PM

12,960 posts, read 9,473,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
Didn't the football coach eventually take the seat away from Doug Jones? I believe Shelby's seat is up for grabs this election but it will prob go to a Republican.
Correct.

Katie Britt will almost certainly be our next senator, taking Shelby's seat. She used to be on Shelby's staff. I don't even know who her Democrat opponent is; she should win by a landslide. The only thing I have against her is that she's from the southern part of the state and I'd rather have someone from my neck of the woods. She ran against a local guy, Mo Brooks, in the primary be he pretty much shot himself in the foot with his responses to the Jan 6 incident.

Old 08-14-2022, 02:54 PM

12,960 posts, read 9,473,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flenkenstein View Post
Speaking of Tucker, anyone notice that he’s been MIA?
Just on vacation, or maybe he was doing a UFO shoot. He should be back tomorrow evening.

I don't care for his sarcastic method of presentation but he's right on a lot of the issues. I rarely watch his program.

Old 08-14-2022, 02:56 PM

6 posts, read 1,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Just on vacation, or maybe he was doing a UFO shoot. He should be back tomorrow evening.

I don't care for his sarcastic method of presentation but he's right on a lot of the issues. I rarely watch his program.
His job is essentially to fabricate outrage. He did a segment on how the green M&M is no longer sexually attractive. It’s weird.

On that subject, I love this animation about him:
Freaky.

[url]https://youtube.com/watch?v=Oq4UHWSTdO8[/url]

Old 08-14-2022, 03:00 PM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Vindication. 8.2mil seems bit low though.

Dems consider it a cost of doing dirty business.

Money well spent as far as they're concerned.

Old 08-14-2022, 03:17 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,442,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flenkenstein View Post
His job is essentially to fabricate outrage. He did a segment on how the green M&M is no longer sexually attractive. It’s weird.

On that subject, I love this animation about him:
Freaky.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Oq4UHWSTdO8
Holy moly! That is eeriely spot on!
On a creative side, the animation and writer deserve mentioning.
Tucker is working on his lastest bombastic lie to twist and fit into the narrow minds of his viewers.
I'm sure he will have this case be woven into the poor 70 year old being attacked by media for WIN-NING.

Old 08-14-2022, 04:16 PM

14,215 posts, read 4,586,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The subject is Roy Moore, he lost all the other defamation suits other than this one. This network edited video in their casting. The substance of the story remains with his interest in underage girls. We will see how the appeal turns out since this wasn’t the only news source carrying the story, they were not alone.
Believe ALL women

As long as the perpetrator is a Republican

right, Goodnight?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies