Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2022, 10:35 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,863,211 times

Advertisements

11 homicides in a day in Juarez sounds like alot and it is but it has 1.5 million people.

There was 4 homicides in 4 hours in Birmingham which is nearly triple the rate of Juarez during one of the worst days of the border cartel gang war.

Birmingham had 4 homicides but it only has 197,000 people or about 1/8th of the population of Juarez.

4 homicides in a day in Baltimore with it's population is a similar rate to the rate of Juarez had during one of the worst days of the border cartel gang wars in Juarez.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygVAMgq1O4w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHbiWlFq1f0

11 homicides in one day in Juarez and the Democrat establishment liberal media elites have tremendous media coverage.

11 homicides in one day in Juarez but the population is 1.5 million.

4 homicides in less than 4 hours in Birmingham, AL with 197,000 people.

4 homicides in one day in Baltimore with less than 600,000 people.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mexico-...inaloa-cartel/

https://www.al.com/news/birmingham/2...r-4-hours.html

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/cr...tcm-story.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2022, 01:25 PM

24,490 posts, read 17,226,594 times
And your point is?

I'd say in Mexico the Cartels are the ones with the guns whereas in America anyone that wants one can get one. The difference is here in the States we have so many criminals, so many wanna be Thugs, so many Losers that are so willing to aim that gun at someone and pull that trigger.

The Cartels will target someone and shoot them. We have "Gangstas" here shooting a stranger over road rage and limp french fries.

It is so dumb.

Old 08-14-2022, 03:01 PM

73,008 posts, read 62,598,043 times
As much as I don't want to live in Birmingham or go through it, I would rather take my chances with Birmingham than Juarez.

Old 08-14-2022, 03:05 PM

19,784 posts, read 18,079,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
As much as I don't want to live in Birmingham or go through it, I would rather take my chances with Birmingham than Juarez.
Me too. Further, the MX legal system undercounts murders very significantly and has for years.

Old 08-14-2022, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Me too. Further, the MX legal system undercounts murders very significantly and has for years.
All the more reason not to trust Juarez. There are calmer places in Mexico. Juarez is not one of them. Mexico has alot of corruption.

I think about this. I am a U.S. citizen. At least in Birmingham, I would be allowed to carry a gun.

Old 08-14-2022, 03:30 PM

12,977 posts, read 9,495,132 times
Quote:
Me too, but I get a little nervous driving through the place (I live about 100 miles north of B'ham). I'd not even think of driving into Juarez.

Birmingham had the 4 homicides within a 24 hour period, then had another the next day. A guy was gunned down at a gas station and died later on. Just a week or so ago there were 3 (I think) people shot and killed at a "demonstration driving" event in a parking lot at 3 in the morning. Now I'm sure they had a permit ....

Even worse is Jackson, Mississippi, a town of under 150,000 and getting smaller by the day.

There are several common denominators between Jackson and B'ham and most can guess what they are.

Old 08-14-2022, 03:36 PM

19,784 posts, read 18,079,394 times
Quote:
all the more reason not to trust juarez. There are calmer places in mexico. Juarez is not one of them. Mexico has alot of corruption.

I think about this. I am a u.s. Citizen. At least in birmingham, i would be allowed to carry a gun.
100%.

Old 08-14-2022, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Me too, but I get a little nervous driving through the place (I live about 100 miles north of B'ham). I'd not even think of driving into Juarez.

Birmingham had the 4 homicides within a 24 hour period, then had another the next day. A guy was gunned down at a gas station and died later on. Just a week or so ago there were 3 (I think) people shot and killed at a "demonstration driving" event in a parking lot at 3 in the morning. Now I'm sure they had a permit ....

Even worse is Jackson, Mississippi, a town of under 150,000 and getting smaller by the day.

There are several common denominators between Jackson and B'ham and most can guess what they are.
Even Huntsville is getting more violent. At least here, I can carry a weapon. In Mexico, the legality of that gets sticky.

I wouldn't want to mess with Birmingham or Jackson. Juarez is worse.

Old 08-14-2022, 04:09 PM

2,770 posts, read 2,603,835 times
A majority of the homicides stem from gang violence. Much of the time it is young men who have come from broken fatherless homes, that tend to join these gangs. It doesn't take rocket science to deduce how all of this comes about

Last edited by jdaelectro; 08-14-2022 at 04:58 PM..

Old 08-15-2022, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaelectro View Post
A majority of the homicides stem from gang violence. Much of the time it is young men who have come from broken fatherless homes, that tend to join these gangs. It doesn't take rocket science to deduce how all of this comes about
Another element of it is interpersonal conflict. Two people get in an argument. One person gets so angry they kill they other person. Stuff like "Disrespect me and you die", kind of mentality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies