Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2022, 09:28 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,352,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
hilarious comment, but sad how true it is. I often think about what makes the Democratic base and you need to look no further than certain r/political sites were young people frequent. it is full of angry, vile human beings that can’t even get their life together but somehow know what’s best for the country. Then on the other side of the liberal rainbow, you have the bleeding hearts that are low-key racists along with the sexual identity crowd who think everyone needs to know about their genitals.

Old 08-16-2022, 09:39 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DXBtoFL View Post
Once you've had a stroke, odds are much higher you'll have another stroke. The chances of significant health problems in the next six years can't be discounted. It's a valid way of evaluating a prospective candidate.

I don't live in PA any longer so I'm not faced with the unpleasant options in the senate election. But I do glance at PA headlines every now and then and there's enough whispers, all unofficial, of course, and all anonymous, of course, from "concerned Democratic official" and the greatest validity to those whispers is the genericness of the publication rather than a partisan paper. Not unreasonable to consider that the stroke was more severe than let on. If true, it also opens questions about honesty and forthrightness, which, ironically, was something the Big F sold himself on. Something, I'm sure, many neutral independent voters will be warily considering. So even the stroke itself, like so much else in American politics, now has become political.
Not all strokes are a death sentence. DH had one 15 years ago while up on a ladder. He was home alone. Thank the Lord he didn't land in the pool when he fell from the ladder.

Broke a bunch of bones and his cell phone. When I got home from the store he was passed out on the kitchen floor. Took 6 months for all the bones to kinda heal. And they tended to the 99% blocked artery. The day the doc confirmed he could write a check and hold a beer he was pronounced well enough. He managed and sold 2 start ups after that.

I sometimes walk with a guy who had a stroke. Took a year, but he is back at work.

Old 08-16-2022, 12:31 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Exactly. He'll be doing the bidding for his staff and party. Not his constituents.
IIRC, the stroke happened after he had filed to run.

Old 08-16-2022, 06:31 PM

6,102 posts, read 2,723,766 times
Even though I don't think fetterman should be running because of his health. I think the country as a whole is done with talk show/game show hosts.

Old 08-17-2022, 06:58 AM

10,851 posts, read 4,529,826 times
Dunno how the soon to be ex critter from WY got into a discussion about the PA senate race, but living in PA I have skin in this game.

If you watch Fetterman, you could almost like him as a person. BUT, read his stance on the issues he posts on his web page, and you find that he is an amplification of the problems PA has faced the last 8 years. (in fact, when the primary was up, it came as no surprise that every CD poster favoring fetterman did not a) know he had a website and b) ever read it - proving they really do look for a D or R after the name.)

Regardless of where Oz lived in the past, it is far far more important that Fetterman NOT be a senator, than Mastriano be a guv'nor.

Vote wisely.

PS: Fetterman touts his experience as Mayor in Braddock PA. Thing is, almost no one in the USA has ever been to braddock, knows where it is, or how it is. Most everyone in PA has no idea where braddock is or has ever been there or how it is. Most everyone in pitt knows where braddock is and how it is, that is why they avoid it and do not go there.

Braddock was given to the gangs 30 years ago and they aint giving it up. They even said so. shotspotter counts are not a sign of a thriving town. not as bad as homestead by far yes, but when everyone in the town has nothing, there is no reason to rob and or shoot them and when no one is driving thru (like in homestead) - ditto IT does have the last fully operating mill left in pittsburgh. (USS-ET) BUT! the democrats want to shut it down and fine the owners out of existence. Fetterman is a democrat. how do they like him now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies